[2.1 Video Guide] Tanky Beginners SRS/Summon Raging Spirit Build [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Very good guide, thanks !
Must say, my SRS hit 20 yesterday and mana cost skyrocketed (70 mana per cast even with Righteous Decree cluster plus 5% reduced on Jewel). I had to take an Elreon gem with Mana Regeneration to supply a 6L setup in Pledge (SRS - Melee Splash - Minion Damage - Melee Physical Damage - Empower - Culling Strike + Spell Echo). No way to support that with only passives and a bit of mana regen on gear.

My gear currently (thanks to the elreon ring I have absolutely no mana problems anymore - was self-crafted (lucky augment and regal)):

No more MF now as I specced out of Righteous Decree to get more life on Boots, had to take rare rings as mana cost was too high with lvl 20 SRS and Ventor's Gamble rings. Only need Avatar of Thunder for last achievement so nothing to do except not dying in there actually.
culling strike is better than multistrike?
I tried multistrike instead of culling, and it looks like skulls hits harder...
I have a 5l pledge staff... whats the best links for it?
I'm using: SRS, minion damage, multistrike, melee splash, melee physical damage
I think its good... can it be better?

( I know empower lvl 3+ is good, but i don't have enough currency to buy one, so for now forget about it )

thx!
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Jan 28, 2016, 9:36:36 AM
"
francium wrote:
"
Artemiz wrote:
Is this Raise Zombie Setup really nessesary? Iam LvL 77 and the Zombies dieing pretty quickly sometimes, and are not really helpful in bossfights in my oppionion. What is a good replacemet for that?
I've got a +2 helm with raise zombie, fortify, minion life, an dminion and totem ele res and they almost never die. I find them to be huge tanks with this setup and have been able to clear T10 maps with a +2 5l staff. I'm also running the Sidhebreath ammy for minion dmg, life, and movement speed. The 30% mana regen on it is a big bonus too.

Little low on the HP sitting at 4.4k, but I don't have any on my boots or helm. getting even decent rolls on them will get me ~300 more hp. NMot sure if i'll go for the belly. a 6s gets expensive.

May I ask you whats the 5 gems u using on ur staff? :)

thx
All I ever do is delay,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Jan 28, 2016, 9:39:46 AM
Hi, i have quick question. This build will be good for ranger / witch, or scion have some better statistic for it. I have characters after point reset and i looking for some nice build for them. For witch i can add 5 points for energy sheild, or spell dmg, and for ranger i can add 1 pont for Projectaile dmg and 3 to dexterity. What do you think? Which character will be better?
Last edited by qbatronix on Jan 28, 2016, 12:23:05 PM
Another question: How good is Belly of the beast on this build? Is it really helpful?!

I have atm a rare armour, with elemental resists and +1800 armour.

However, this build is mostly based on HP and have almost no armour bonuses... even with a 1800 armour chest I still around only 2800 total armour...

Should I exchange it for belly?

If im not wrong our only defenses here is HP... right?

thx
All I ever do is delay,
The end of the road
And my end....
Yes, pretty much (unfortunately).
Belly makes a huge difference, here the formula from the wiki (still correct):
Maximum Life = (38 + (Level * LifePerLevel) + (Strength / 2) + flat life bonuses) * (100% + percent-based modifiers)

For flat life, do not forget flat life on the tree and those 40 from Oak.
I have an excel sheet for that. On my character I have the following stats:

Flat Life / Strength
Helmet: 91 / 0
Gloves: 86 / 0
Boots: 86 / 39
Belt: 131 / 49
Left Ring: 41 / 0
Right Ring: 75 / 0

Which makes with tree and Oak 600 Flat Life total, plus 212 Strength (including 14 Str from Jewels).
I have 232% increased maximum life (16 from jewels) and 39% from Belly.

That results in 6.096 life total.
Even with a chest that has 119 Life and 55 Strenght (T1 max rolls, you won't get that!) you would have 5.809 life with my equipment.

That is about ~300 Life less than Belly's! So you'd need a lot of armor on that chest to make it worth it. But a 2k+ Ar chest with at least 109 life and ~50 Strength ... I'm sure it's a lot more expensive than Belly, plus this specific tree has only 20% increased armor - which is "nothing" in my oppinion.

Kaom would be even greater, would give 6.844 with my equipment ... although you loose the sockets. So no more CWDT setup (I have a 5L with CWDT - IC - Molten Shell - Enfeeble - Inc. Duration plus Arctic Armour on the 6th socket) and you have to make place for e.g. Arctic Armor somewhere.

"
qbatronix wrote:
Hi, i have quick question. This build will be good for ranger / witch, or scion have some better statistic for it. I have characters after point reset and i looking for some nice build for them. For witch i can add 5 points for energy sheild, or spell dmg, and for ranger i can add 1 pont for Projectaile dmg and 3 to dexterity. What do you think? Which character will be better?

Use Scion for this tree. Ranger makes no sense, Witch would be doable (going out the Cast Speed nodes) but very suboptimal (first two points are Spell Damage who do nothing for this build).

"

( I know empower lvl 3+ is good, but i don't have enough currency to buy one, so for now forget about it )

thx!

I did not consider Multistrike yet as I just did not calculate damage for each support gem yet. I compared Culling Strike to Melee Physical and Minion Damage.
Now that poedb.tw is back I can also calculate Empower etc.

But yes, Multistrike seems very nice, it basically doubles the attack speed of the minions (regardless of how much increased attack speed you have on the tree or give them by buffs ... as it is a more multiplier). It has a 30% less damage mod which seems to suck, but if you count in that it basically gives you 94% more damage ... it's still 64% more damage.
Last edited by daish0 on Jan 29, 2016, 4:10:13 AM
"
daish0 wrote:
Yes, pretty much (unfortunately).
Belly makes a huge difference, here the formula from the wiki (still correct):
Maximum Life = (38 + (Level * LifePerLevel) + (Strength / 2) + flat life bonuses) * (100% + percent-based modifiers)

For flat life, do not forget flat life on the tree and those 40 from Oak.
I have an excel sheet for that. On my character I have the following stats:

Flat Life / Strength
Helmet: 91 / 0
Gloves: 86 / 0
Boots: 86 / 39
Belt: 131 / 49
Left Ring: 41 / 0
Right Ring: 75 / 0

Which makes with tree and Oak 600 Flat Life total, plus 212 Strength (including 14 Str from Jewels).
I have 232% increased maximum life (16 from jewels) and 39% from Belly.

That results in 6.096 life total.
Even with a chest that has 119 Life and 55 Strenght (T1 max rolls, you won't get that!) you would have 5.809 life with my equipment.

That is about ~300 Life less than Belly's! So you'd need a lot of armor on that chest to make it worth it. But a 2k+ Ar chest with at least 109 life and ~50 Strength ... I'm sure it's a lot more expensive than Belly, plus this specific tree has only 20% increased armor - which is "nothing" in my oppinion.

Kaom would be even greater, would give 6.844 with my equipment ... although you loose the sockets. So no more CWDT setup (I have a 5L with CWDT - IC - Molten Shell - Enfeeble - Inc. Duration plus Arctic Armour on the 6th socket) and you have to make place for e.g. Arctic Armor somewhere.

"
qbatronix wrote:

Use Scion for this tree. Ranger makes no sense, Witch would be doable (going out the Cast Speed nodes) but very suboptimal (first two points are Spell Damage who do nothing for this build).

"

thx!

I did not consider Multistrike yet as I just did not calculate damage for each support gem yet. I compared Culling Strike to Melee Physical and Minion Damage.
Now that poedb.tw is back I can also calculate Empower etc.

But yes, Multistrike seems very nice, it basically doubles the attack speed of the minions (regardless of how much increased attack speed you have on the tree or give them by buffs ... as it is a more multiplier). It has a 30% less damage mod which seems to suck, but if you count in that it basically gives you 94% more damage ... it's still 64% more damage.

I'm around 3,200hp at level 71. I have a medium quantity of HP in all of my items ( not the best rolls unfortunately )... Yes i got +40 from oak too.

Well, as i said and you too, you're right, armour here is sucks or almost doesnt exist to us.. we need HP, lots of HP... because when mobs hit you, they hit hard ( no armour to counter physical damage )...

About the gems, I did many tests bro, and yes multistrike is great, however it have a 180% mana multiplier what makes it almost impracticable to use. A culling strike q20 may be enough in place of it.

So, gems for a 5 link should be: SRS, minion damage, melee physical dmg, melee splash, culling strike

as the 6link the best is a empower level 3/4 or multistrike if you can't pay for empower.

Empower level2 is not bad but its just worst than melee splash imo.

Also, remember that melee splash improves area damage and cleaning speed, and multistrike will improve your damage. So, if you gonna fight a specific tank boss like malachai or artiziri it is a very good idea switch melee splash for multistrike and boss will die a lot easier.

cya!
All I ever do is delay,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Jan 29, 2016, 1:42:08 PM
"
[...]
About the gems, I did many tests bro, and yes multistrike is great, however it have a 180% mana multiplier what makes it almost impracticable to use. A culling strike q20 may be enough in place of it.

So, gems for a 5 link should be: SRS, minion damage, melee physical dmg, melee splash, culling strike

as the 6link the best is a empower level 3/4 or multistrike if you can't pay for empower.

Empower level2 is not bad but its just worst than melee splash imo.

Also, remember that melee splash improves area damage and cleaning speed, and multistrike will improve your damage. So, if you gonna fight a specific tank boss like malachai or artiziri it is a very good idea switch melee splash for multistrike and boss will die a lot easier.

cya!

Yes, the mana multiplier of Multistrike is bad. But imho this build generally has a mana problem even though we take pretty much everything possible (Dynamo and Righteous Decreee are good, but costs around 20% life, which is bad).
To really go endgame with this specific build (maybe this is generally a Mana-based-SRS problem) I think one would have to go 2x Elreon rings (hopefully some with high life rolls).

Otherwise lvl 20 srs in a 6L cannot be sustained properly (already need 1 elreon ring for melee splash, multistrike worsens it).
"
Yes, the mana multiplier of Multistrike is bad. But imho this build generally has a mana problem even though we take pretty much everything possible (Dynamo and Righteous Decreee are good, but costs around 20% life, which is bad).
To really go endgame with this specific build (maybe this is generally a Mana-based-SRS problem) I think one would have to go 2x Elreon rings (hopefully some with high life rolls).

Otherwise lvl 20 srs in a 6L cannot be sustained properly (already need 1 elreon ring for melee splash, multistrike worsens it).

Yeah its true. Mana is a big problem on this SRS and I dont even have a 6link yet.

By the way, another question... what u guys think about temporal chains instead of enfeeable?

Just asking it because I tried +150chroms on my belly piece and never 4reds with 1 blue, so I placed the setup CWDT-IC-ID-MoltenShell + Temporal chains... mobs get very slowly down when they hit u plus+ artic armour you're almost 100% safe from any melee not-ranged attack...

Just wondering, should I really go for enfeeable ( is this very good? didnt tried ) or can I keep temporal chains?

Btw I'm trying to run a MF on this build, here is my build atm, almost everything done I just need buy new rings and almulets.

what u guys think about my setup? suggestions are very apreciated!!

I'm on 130% rarity and want reach 200+ with rings and alms..

cya!!
All I ever do is delay,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Jan 30, 2016, 10:02:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info