[2.1 Video Guide] Tanky Beginners SRS/Summon Raging Spirit Build [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Is this Raise Zombie Setup really nessesary? Iam LvL 77 and the Zombies dieing pretty quickly sometimes, and are not really helpful in bossfights in my oppionion. What is a good replacemet for that?
I m following this build and i reached lvl 88 on tal hc atm. Got a +3 staff and my character is strong enough for t8 maps. 5,3K HP got a perfect belly.
"
Artemiz wrote:
Is this Raise Zombie Setup really nessesary? Iam LvL 77 and the Zombies dieing pretty quickly sometimes, and are not really helpful in bossfights in my oppionion. What is a good replacemet for that?

Are they in a +2 Helmet/Item? This makes a huge difference, also make sure to link them to Minion Life and probably Fortify.

Against some bosses they will just die ... nothing you can do. Especially as this tree does not spec into life/res nodes for minions and you do not run Purity/Grace or other defensive auras.
"
Artemiz wrote:
I've got a +2 helm with raise zombie, fortify, minion life, an dminion and totem ele res and they almost never die. I find them to be huge tanks with this setup and have been able to clear T10 maps with a +2 5l staff. I'm also running the Sidhebreath ammy for minion dmg, life, and movement speed. The 30% mana regen on it is a big bonus too.

Little low on the HP sitting at 4.4k, but I don't have any on my boots or helm. getting even decent rolls on them will get me ~300 more hp. NMot sure if i'll go for the belly. a 6s gets expensive.

Need Chromatic :(
I am currently playing the build and for a Life/Mana based one the points are pretty optimized - not much you can do here.

Although there is one "big" downside (imho), no defenses of any kind!
I am running around with Greed's Embrace, Goldwyrm, 2x Ventor's, Perandus Belt (for my friend's party). It's really fun, but on higher maps it definitely lacks enough life.

Thus the belly chest is not for convenience imho, it pretty much is necessary (or just a rare awesome 1500+ armor with 100+ life chest). I am dying constantly because current meta in POE seems to be "the old 3k life is now 'have 5k life or more, or you will suffer'".

Thus said, everything that hits you, will hit pretty hard. If you are not in a group you can't take e.g. Grace aura etc, thus you will eat every single hit thrown at you!
Picked up a 5l 6s belly for 1.5ex today, gets me up to almost 4.9k hp.

Right now Im running purity of lightning instead of haste along with hatred and arctic armour. I can only get haste up to lvl 11 without dex on my gear and that would give 13% attack speed, which is a pretty big dps increase, but the +4% max lightning res has saved my and my parties ass quite a few times. I suppose I should do some testing on higher tier maps now that I've got a pretty solid build. I also need to work on getting some better rings. my mana regen isn't enough to keep full srs uptime so the reduced mana regen maps kill my dps.
I had to take Righteous Decree (slightly better than Dynamo if you already took Sanctity) to not have Mana Problems.

Also I use Assassin's Haste + Conqueror's Efficiency Jewel, one rare Jewel has -5% Mana Cost, Goldwyrm provides me with 60% mana regeneration, Sidhebreath with 29%.
I also have +61 and +57 flat Mana on gear (Head and Gloves) and +29 to all Attributes (Int) from Perandus.

With this I can keep up 48 srs with my Haste Aura (lvl 19 currently).
I only have 4% cast speed on jewels (Assassin's Haste) and I did NOT take Alira (cast speed bonus).
/Edit: I forgot to mention, because of q20 Culling Strike I get 10% cast speed from it.

With Vaal Haste on (and with 2 Vaal Haste gems you can pretty much keep it on indefinitely in maps, except maybe some bosses) it is no problem at all to cap srs number.

ALTHOUGH this means you are standing around casting srs for quiet some time, this normally does not happen as you are always moving around. In boss fights you usually run around like a chicken, casting srs in between - which results in more like ~30-35 srs that are up!

Also while mapping most srs just run around with "???" on their head when you move onward (if there are no targets within the screen they just remain where they are) and you have to recast them at the next group of monsters most of the time - so more cast speed is ALWAYS better (unfortunately there are not a lot of sources of Minion Speed, this is why I still keep Sidhebreath).

I am pretty sure that a +3 staff on Blood Magic build beats Pledge on both clear speed as well as overall damage - but I would have to compare them, probably playing srs with +3 in Ascendancy if they are not nerved again (new AI is not the best change for them). Of course +3 staff is more expensive than Pledge and not as versatile (I can use Pledge for a lot of other builds as well, for those that also play Standard once in a while).
Last edited by daish0 on Jan 18, 2016, 4:53:29 AM
Heyho

i have 2 questions

1. is a +3 staff better in late game (im lvl 92 atm)

2. why do u you use this gem setup? i saw many srs builds with multistrike? can you explain your choise plz?

Have a nice day
@EdenIsBack
"
Primordial wrote:
Heyho

i have 2 questions

1. is a +3 staff better in late game (im lvl 92 atm)

2. why do u you use this gem setup? i saw many srs builds with multistrike? can you explain your choise plz?

Have a nice day

I am also curious about this as well. Debating whether i should buy a 6 link pledge of hands or make a 6 link plus 3 to skill gems staff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info