Summon Raging Minors: Cha's Tremor Rod SRS

"
Luminar wrote:
Thats really nice :) But I cant seem to see how you deal with the enormous cooldown. Ive tried quite a similar method to summon not SRS, but Mirror Arrow clones. The cooldown on those mines made it practically impossible to compete with the other options to get bursts of minions on the field.

So total noob question: Whats the secret? You seem to just totally bypass any cooldown between mine laying.

Your problems are coming from an internal cooldown in the Mirror Arrow skill. GGG intentionally put this in to avoid abuse of the skill. You'll find this same issue with Cold Snap mines (if you don't have power charges).
have u tried MoM+EB?that seems can solve the mana issue
"
insobyr wrote:

EB requires energy shield on items. My build is currently wearing an Alpha's Howl and Belly of the Beast. But let's assume we ditch that gear and grab some energy shield items instead. We'll probably have somewhere around 2000 total ES.

Mana cost for a real 6L: 140 mana per mine
Mine laying speed: 3.68 mines per second, or one mine per 0.27 seconds.

That's a cost of over 500 ES per second. To overcome this with Zealot's Oath would require 26% life regen (ain't gonna happen). To overcome this with classic ES recharge would probably force the build to retreat periodically after casting a bunch of stuff. Mind Over Matter would only exacerbate this problem.
very nice build and very awesome video you are funny and a good speaker
Last edited by 1235 on Sep 22, 2015, 5:57:33 AM
"
cha_siu_bao wrote:
"
insobyr wrote:

EB requires energy shield on items. My build is currently wearing an Alpha's Howl and Belly of the Beast. But let's assume we ditch that gear and grab some energy shield items instead. We'll probably have somewhere around 2000 total ES.

That's a cost of over 500 ES per second. To overcome this with Zealot's Oath would require 26% life regen (ain't gonna happen). To overcome this with classic ES recharge would probably force the build to retreat periodically after casting a bunch of stuff. Mind Over Matter would only exacerbate this problem.

Enduring Cry grants you 600 ES regen every 4 sec (with those increased duration notes on your tree), which may help quite a bit.

But anyway, the mana cost of mines is way too much.
"
insobyr wrote:
"
cha_siu_bao wrote:
"
insobyr wrote:

Enduring Cry grants you 600 ES regen every 4 sec (with those increased duration notes on your tree), which may help quite a bit.

But anyway, the mana cost of mines is way too much.

Although I think that it isn't going to work based on the theoretical numbers, I still think it's worth a try. I need to trim out about 6 passive points in order to get there so the damage (or clear speed) will be stunted a bit... but I'll be sure to update the guide once it's been tested.
Hi,

just an idea to EB.
You could use Enduring Cry (like already suggested) and add Rejuvenation Totem (160 Life/s).
The drawback would be that you would have to mash even more buttons than you are already doing so ;-P

Edit: Sorry, I was under the impression that you skilled the Ancestral Bond keystone. Or did you use it in the video?
Last edited by Miomeex on Nov 6, 2015, 7:19:18 AM
"
Miomeex wrote:
Hi,

just an idea to EB.
You could use Enduring Cry (like already suggested) and add Rejuvenation Totem (160 Life/s).
The drawback would be that you would have to mash even more buttons than you are already doing so ;-P

Edit: Sorry, I was under the impression that you skilled the Ancestral Bond keystone. Or did you use it in the video?

Haha, that sounds like even more fun than before! WTB larger skill hotbar.

I used Ancestral Bond for farming Atziri, but not in maps. It would most likely find its use in bigger boss fights such as Village Ruin, Colosseum, or Palace. But managing an extra totem is too much clunk to make it relevant while blasting through packs.
When i do have mana issues with this , i build with Immortal flesh belt wich gives depend of rolls average of 70ish life regen / zealer oath / EB thats a easy way to substain the mana cost , i didnt do the math but with a 1.5k es pool with eb it should substain around 200 es sec
How necessary is Clever Construction given that you'll be detonating the mines very frequently? If it isn't necessary, I think you could fairly easily solve the mana issues with MoM/EB/ZO by going to the templar life regen. My skill tree calculator suggests that with 1200 base ES you could get to about 200 mana regen per sec (160ish from ES and 40 from mana). I think the requirements for this build are even higher than that over an extended period as stated earlier in the thread, but maybe you could give that a crack if you don't have to waste 10 nodes getting to Clever Construction?

Tree is here. Calculator tells me that I will have a little over 3k base ES with no int or +%es from gear, and 4.8% regen. This gives you about 160 es/s, and you'll have 40ish from mana, giving you 200 in total. If you're really spamming, and don't have to take time outs to move, you'll last about 11-12 seconds of chain casting at 500ish mana/s. If you have a 6L with Reduced Mana, that gets you to, what, 30ish seconds, and I can't think of too many instances when I can sit there for that long facerolling. Obviously any downtime only helps here.
Last edited by Toodumb on Nov 26, 2015, 8:33:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info