Summon Raging Minors: Cha's Tremor Rod SRS

Detonate mines spell totem...that is so damn good it hurts

Build of the week this immediately!
what the fuck... nice build i guess lol
But Cha I say "why not take many more jewel nodes?" They each give up to 16% minion damage and 5% reduced mana. If you take more than 6 you gain more % damage than from your tree and an effective reduced mana gem with 30% reduced mana cost! with only magic jewels! You could then regal them for life/res both for you and your minions! A idea worth looking into?
hi <3 I stream at twitch.tv/sjatar_
"
Sjatar wrote:
But Cha I say "why not take many more jewel nodes?" They each give up to 16% minion damage and 5% reduced mana. If you take more than 6 you gain more % damage than from your tree and an effective reduced mana gem with 30% reduced mana cost! with only magic jewels! You could then regal them for life/res both for you and your minions! A idea worth looking into?

Sure it's worth a look. Here's what I came up with.

The build would lose 8% minion attack speed, some minion life, minion regen, and it would cost an extra point.

Assuming we get our hands on the jewels in question (they'll probably be worth about 2ex apiece in a new league) the build stands to gain about 5% minion damage, 12% life, and 8% reduced mana cost.
"
cha_siu_bao wrote:
"
Sjatar wrote:

Sure it's worth a look. Here's what I came up with.

The build would lose 8% minion attack speed, some minion life, minion regen, and it would cost an extra point.

Assuming we get our hands on the jewels in question (they'll probably be worth about 2ex apiece in a new league) the build stands to gain about 5% minion damage, 12% life, and 8% reduced mana cost.

http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
Very interesting build. I'm curious - how essential is the totem placement speed & duration cluster?

I've been playing around with your tree, and if the totem placement speed cluster isn't essential, you could spec out of that, spec out of the melding cluster, spec out of the Deep Thoughts notable and move a few other points around to spec into both the Unrelenting and the Dynamo clusters.

What you would lose:
20% mana regen rate
1% minion life regen
7% minion life
25% max energy shield (you don't seem to use this much anyway...)
~30 int.

What you would gain:
27% reduced mana cost of skills
5% max life
Enough strength to spec out of Might

Tree example with those changes:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAvYJXK_6z6QLfimpDwFQI9G0ZvOpr230Y7Irv69AfTLMEB4PbVcY6WKyYj0aboffXhWCqxMy8Tbm4kxzc6-6nCI8a42oWb_rSHRSApCSwFy9V1mTnNukkqlNSRZ2a4Pnogsco-ti9_gq3PkGH_o81kqZXTePyRTrhbqq18s8yWW1fmD8nSsgD7jOHHb5akah90_tqrNhUfrB2b3BR2-dHBtDQj_rsGMHFf8aTJ2wLIvTximwIbIxirLTFnapJUfDVBx6VLi9v2RNwu6BD2t2DzDwtg1-IWl7AoEKvp8T2xq7-VA3NK1Aczg==

Alternatively, if the totem placement speed is essential, you could sacrifice 3 nodes from the Scion life wheel to keep the totem cluster. That would result in a net loss of 10% max life, but a gain of 27% reduced mana cost of skills.

Thoughts on that setup? I'm curious to try the build - maybe in the 1 month or something.
"
Very interesting build. I'm curious - how essential is the totem placement speed & duration cluster?

I've been playing around with your tree, and if the totem placement speed cluster isn't essential, you could spec out of that, spec out of the melding cluster, spec out of the Deep Thoughts notable and move a few other points around to spec into both the Unrelenting and the Dynamo clusters.

What you would lose:
20% mana regen rate
1% minion life regen
7% minion life
25% max energy shield (you don't seem to use this much anyway...)
~30 int.

What you would gain:
27% reduced mana cost of skills
5% max life
Enough strength to spec out of Might

Tree example with those changes:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAvYJXK_6z6QLfimpDwFQI9G0ZvOpr230Y7Irv69AfTLMEB4PbVcY6WKyYj0aboffXhWCqxMy8Tbm4kxzc6-6nCI8a42oWb_rSHRSApCSwFy9V1mTnNukkqlNSRZ2a4Pnogsco-ti9_gq3PkGH_o81kqZXTePyRTrhbqq18s8yWW1fmD8nSsgD7jOHHb5akah90_tqrNhUfrB2b3BR2-dHBtDQj_rsGMHFf8aTJ2wLIvTximwIbIxirLTFnapJUfDVBx6VLi9v2RNwu6BD2t2DzDwtg1-IWl7AoEKvp8T2xq7-VA3NK1Aczg==

Alternatively, if the totem placement speed is essential, you could sacrifice 3 nodes from the Scion life wheel to keep the totem cluster. That would result in a net loss of 10% max life, but a gain of 27% reduced mana cost of skills.

Thoughts on that setup? I'm curious to try the build - maybe in the 1 month or something.

I tried stacking a lot (but not all) of the "% reduced mana cost" on nodes and jewels, and found that it simply wasn't enough without lobbing off a huge part of the tree. The important things to spec into if we're going to go this route are the reduced mana cost nodes at the templar and marauder starts, and in my opinion that's just too costly. "Wasn't enough" means that I wasn't able to spam more than 3 mines without running out of mana. The build still needed a hybrid/mana flask for huge extended boss fights.

It's a solid idea though, and definitely softens the blow on the mana cost.

Regarding the totem placement and speed cluster, it's not essential at all. I use it for mapping, especially in high maps with builds that are far along in their item progression. Good examples of this are 2h cyclone (RT or crit), cast on crit (wands or spectral throw or cyclone), and lightning arrow (voltaxic, windripper, harbinger, etc). They're so damn fast that totem placement speed actually became a factor in my ability to contribute damage.
Ok, thanks for the reply! What about Vaal Clarity to manage mana costs? I know it would set up a conflict with Vaal Haste since both would be competing for souls, but with all the skill duration in the tree and linked to increased duration, Vaal Clarity could last up to ~25 seconds. That might be enough to at least let you mine spam in boss fights.

Of course, the only place I can see to put Vaal Clarity in your current gem setup would be to replace Flame Dash... which would reduce mobility :(

Thats really nice :) But I cant seem to see how you deal with the enormous cooldown. Ive tried quite a similar method to summon not SRS, but Mirror Arrow clones. The cooldown on those mines made it practically impossible to compete with the other options to get bursts of minions on the field.

So total noob question: Whats the secret? You seem to just totally bypass any cooldown between mine laying.
Last edited by Luminar on Sep 20, 2015, 2:23:38 PM
"
Ok, thanks for the reply! What about Vaal Clarity to manage mana costs? I know it would set up a conflict with Vaal Haste since both would be competing for souls, but with all the skill duration in the tree and linked to increased duration, Vaal Clarity could last up to ~25 seconds. That might be enough to at least let you mine spam in boss fights.

Of course, the only place I can see to put Vaal Clarity in your current gem setup would be to replace Flame Dash... which would reduce mobility :(

You're absolutely right, Vaal Clarity is a possibility. I tried it, but for my tastes it just wasn't enough. The slow wind-up of maps was just too frustrating.

What ended up feeling the best, albeit tedious, was using Reduced Mana in the 6L Tremor Rod for the duration of the map. Then before entering the boss fight, I'd swap Reduced Mana for Added Fire and then get those 20+ seconds of glorious damagey boss-wreckage. But this means I had to ask my friends to stop and wait a few seconds for me to do a gem swap before every boss fight.

Simply too much tedium. I gave up on it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info