[2.0.4]DonaldF's Cheap OP Freezing Pulse Totem 200k+ DPS/ All map viable + perma freeze boss

I am trying this on HC but I am at the ending of cruel and it is very hard. every hit is so dangerous..no defense. I am really squishy.
Thanks DonaldF!

I also tried this build in the one month flashback event. At level 85, my char is still somewhat squishy (~3.1k mhp and no Mind Over Matter yet) but that is partly because I prioritized DPS so I opt for dual wielding (no +life on shield) etc. Having gotten Mind Over Matter on other chars, I think it'll make a huge difference in surviving stuff that currently one-shot kills me. And I only began running Arctic Armor recently and it also helps quite a bit.

Still nowhere near 100k DPS per totem and only managed about 37k but that is with at most level 19 gems and q0 for all most all of them and lacking good rare jewels. Having decent spell damage, cast speed, and critical multiplier help me bump my DPS by a fair amount.
I'm currently running this build in the darkshrine event. Here is the comment on this build:

the character i'm having right now is level 91, played 5 days 18 hours with about a third of the time AFK.

1. Freezing pulse is OP. but the better leveling tool would be flame totem. this is very important, and i didn't notice this point until i was around level 60, wasted a lot of time.

2. 4ex for all gear is basically achievable. here is my gear:
Spoiler

6L chest (item level 60): bought a white one for 2ex. (it was listed for 100 chaos while i didnt have many)
alchemy on it, chaos about 20 times, and get the current one.

shield with high life, spell dmg and crit: bought for 50c.

helmet: bought for 4c. the one with basically same mods in ES base charges me for 1ex. i think that guy wont be able to sell it before league ends.

rings, amulet and belt: all dropped / dropped by friends and exchanged with something else i got from drop

gloves: 1c

boots: friend gave me. should cost less than 5c in darkshrine

basically achievable within 4ex + self drop.

3. defence:
pretty strong survivability overall. died 18 times at this point, and should be able to run with more caution in HC.
screenshot of defense stats:
Spoiler

4. offense:
overall pretty strong. no need for changing jewel or gems for most bosses.

currently with only the 3 points circle of crit dmg on the cold/fire dmg circle, and the 5 points crit dmg/chance on the right,
with 20/23 FP, 21/20 faster casting, 19/20 crit dmg, and 20/20 for spell totem, cold dmg and cold pen:
penal DPS is 30k, and 33k after summoning totem (increased crit chance for 4s)

but i don't think getting a 21 FP and 8 more passives on crit can really bring DPS twice higher, while my gear is not that bad. so i think 100k is not really achievable with normal gear and not popping flask.

BTW my guardian died, many times. dps shown above is not buffed by guardian.

5. some other things
it will has stronger defense if you replace crit dmg to crit chance. it will then be almost constant freeze to anything, while sacrificing some panel dps.

this jewel is very useful when shit happens. simply replace any jewel and your totem will no longer be stunned to death.
i got one of this from my friend, and then i got 2 from drop.
and because this gem is super cheap, you can buy a dozen of them, and vaal for immune to silence, which is also super useful.
i vaaled all three of mine, one turned into trash unique, one gained 3% chaos resis, and the last one is as shown above.

Indeed it is a nice build, affortability, survivability and output strength are all pretty high.

Last edited by greenyyin on Nov 20, 2015, 1:26:12 PM
"
greenyyin wrote:

this gem is very useful when shit happens. simply replace any jewel and your totem will no longer be stunned to death.
and because this gem is super cheap, you can buy a dozen of them, and vaal for immune to silence, which is also super useful.
i vaaled all three of mine, one turned into trash unique, one gained 3% chaos resis, and the last one is as shown above.

Totem placement isn't a spell. Silence should have no affect on being able to place one. I've played totem builds in 3 leagues now and have not noticed ever being unable to place a totem, even with the rares that constantly spam you with curses.
"
Shinare wrote:
"
greenyyin wrote:

this gem is very useful when shit happens. simply replace any jewel and your totem will no longer be stunned to death.

Totem placement isn't a spell. Silence should have no affect on being able to place one. I've played totem builds in 3 leagues now and have not noticed ever being unable to place a totem, even with the rares that constantly spam you with curses.

Yes. with silence on me I can still place a totem. but at the mean time the silence is still on, my totem can cast no spell. I guess you were playing attack totem build
Last edited by greenyyin on Nov 20, 2015, 1:24:00 PM
"
greenyyin wrote:
"
Shinare wrote:
"
greenyyin wrote:

Yes. with silence on me I can still place a totem. but at the mean time the silence is still on, my totem can cast no spell. I guess you were playing attack totem build

If a totem is cursed you just replace it.

Edit: But I see what you're saying, immune to silence is nice if you are yourself casting things as well.
Last edited by Shinare on Nov 20, 2015, 4:35:33 PM
"
"
"

If a totem is cursed you just replace it.

Edit: But I see what you're saying, immune to silence is nice if you are yourself casting things as well.

that's not what i mean.
if you got silence, you can summon totem - the action of summoning totem is not a spell
and your totem will not be able to cast the spell it should cast, when you have silence on you. because spells totems cast are still count as your spell.

same thing happen if you are cursed with enfeeble. your totem's damage reduce when you have enfeeble because they are using your skill, and your skill is debuffed by enfeeble.

by the way totems themselves are not able to take curse. so one way to kill hexfont mob without this immunity to silence, is to summon totems and then run away, because you are the only one should not take silence curse.
Last edited by greenyyin on Nov 21, 2015, 12:19:52 AM
I'm doing this build. Its voçe post pictures of yourself? I want to see you use more armor, energy shield or evasion.
How you use Immortal call on this setup? No endurance charges? how do you get the charges?
IC has a base duration of 0.4 seconds, so it might save you sometimes even without endurance charges (although I doubt it, because the hits of mobs are calculated before the swing animation starts, so if IC proccs while the swing is in motion it doesn't prevent the damage). Though you can just self-cast Enduring Cry.

Anyone else having some serious mana problems with this build? Sometimes I'm struggling to maintain my totems up in high damage areas even with Clarity - I had to resort to using Righteous Call to get some extra mana reg, but I would much rather use EC. And now it is even worse because I accidentally 6-linked my Taryn's Shiver (just wanted a 5 link... well bad luck I guess :D)
Current league chars: Bladestorm Champion SSF

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info