[2.0.4]DonaldF's Cheap OP Freezing Pulse Totem 200k+ DPS/ All map viable + perma freeze boss

Post Video already :)
(🌸=◡=)
So I use flame totem/firestorm until 80 then spell totem freezing pulse?
Hey DonaldF! I demo'd a video for you, this is me in the levelling process of my slightly modified build. Using soul mantle with self-flagellation, I get 125k+ eDPS at only lvl 59 :O

Here's the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IExTGaA7r4g&feature=youtu.be

In it, I run Merciless Merveil and the area leading up to her. First attempt at her in Merc with this build, too.
"
Hey DonaldF! I demo'd a video for you, this is me in the levelling process of my slightly modified build. Using soul mantle with self-flagellation, I get 125k+ eDPS at only lvl 59 :O

Here's the video:

In it, I run Merciless Merveil and the area leading up to her. First attempt at her in Merc with this build, too.

I would be interested in seeing what all your gear is to get those kinda numbers. Your TT damage is what (40k x 3 totems?)

Can this Atziri?
Last edited by Xexist on Oct 8, 2015, 7:12:59 PM
Hi! Thank you for the build!

I had a level 70 witch with a full respec 84 points available and she has the name "Spelly_McFreezypants" so I thought this build would be perfect for her. Also your build post made me laugh several times and I like a good sense of humor!!

Spent all last night getting the tree where it needs to be and sifting through my complete mess of stash tabs for good gear for her based on your build notes.

Got her up to max resists and +20 chaos res, but she only has 2,700 life. Is this normal? I'm used to playing characters with 4,000+ life.

This is all equipment I had in my stash, but would like to improve on it if I can. I can invest a little in proper gear but not sure what would be best for this build?

Level 70 Equipment

Any suggestions?

PS> I literally spent all night getting the gear and tree together, I haven't colored or socketed any of the other gear or skill gems.
"
Xexist wrote:
"

Here's the video:

I would be interested in seeing what all your gear is to get those kinda numbers. Your TT damage is what (40k x 3 totems?)

Can this Atziri?

Negative. At this point I basically optimized the build entirely for maximum pain delivery, but I get one shotted by relatively ez bosses like Voll. Working on life and longevity now, but I have a ways to go there. And yes, I spent a bit much on the gear, with a LOT of res to account for the various curses.

Those are what I'm using now, a marginal increase from what's in the video.
What kind of crit chance am I looking for? Right now I have %30.8
Spent some time playing this weekend. Got up to level 77. Have been playing dual flame totem and crushing everything. Wanted to try dual freezing Pulse so put on my tabula rasa and put in level 18 FP, 15 Cold Penetration, 17 Spell totem, level 2 empower, 17 added cold damage, 20/20 faster casting.

I now have %33.4 crit chance and 15k tooltip dps on FP. Ran several a4m Dried Lake runs. Initial Thoughts:

1) Clear speed went WAY down. Takes about %40 (guess) longer to clear dried lake.
2) Freeze on monsters is minimal. Some things freeze but it takes so long to kill them they thaw.
3) Almost nothing is "Perma Frozen", especially bosses (I don't think I saw Voll frozen a single time).
4) I have no where near 200k+ DPS. As stated before, I have 15k dps on my FP

Flame totem tooltip dps is only 13k but it is VERY noticeably killing things way faster than FP.

Here is my current gear, in case I am doing something wrong:
Level 77 Gear

Level 77 Tree

Wish there was a way to link my 3 jewels. Jewels are:
1) "Rain of Splinters" with %41 reduction
2) %15 crit chance with fire, +6% max life, +11 to fire and cold res\
3) %15 increased totem damage, %8 increase projectile speed, Minions have +9 all res
Last edited by Shinare on Oct 12, 2015, 10:35:20 AM
Donald clearly says that a 6 link is vital for this build. If you cant afford one, use a tabula. I am currently lvl 85 in the one month using this build and having no problems at all perma freezing. I'm sitting at 28k dps per totem, with a very defensive setup in terms of cursing + endurance charges (1month is hard).

In a standard or 3 month league I would probably utilise power charges for extra crit via ice spear, PCoC ect (not a romira's incinerate).

Also guys, only take the minion regen node if you are actually going to use your guardians properly. If not, just use a spectre and spend the point elsewhere.

Crit is vital for this build. No crit = no freeze = death. I am at 48% crit without charges. I still feel it should be higher.
I would love to try out a void battery with this build. If only a could afford one.

For those wondering, I'm at 4khp, 800es, 75,123,107,-44.

GL guys. This is an amazing build so far :)
Miss my old buddies, but life be life sometimes.
Unfortunately I just couldn't get the crit for some reason. Even with Tabula my DPS was only 15k. I'm only level 79 and following the tree religiously, but crit chance is still only %33.

I finally decided to embrace the dual flame totems and started wearing a 6L mantle I had in stash collecting dust.

Current dps is now 28k and crit chance is %39. Just absolutely tearing through tier 7 maps with this setup. If I wanted to spend another ex in chromes I could get the colors right and swap out lightning damage and cold damage with chaos damage and empower.

I really must not be understanding the crit chance deal. This is my first "get as much crit as possible" builds. I have two diamond rings, and shield and wand all with crit chance for spells or global. Even with a mantle I have %39 crit chance on my flame totems. How do you get %48???

Current level 79 gear

level 79 tree

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info