[2.2] Ayvi's Point Blank Tornado shot / Puncture build! Uber viable!

"
Applefarm wrote:
"
Ayvi wrote:
"
Applefarm wrote:

Would you mind testing how it works with pierce + drillneck? Now that pierce gives more, the drillneck bonus could do some work.

Well I've never really been a fan of Drillneck + TS. Rare quivers already give you nice stats if you can find a decent one. From what I've noticed with chain, the initial arrows do not chain since they already pierce. The arrows that hit after the explosion chains

Sorry for not being more clear with the question: Now that pierce got buffed, if I am already running drillneck, could I get better trap damage with pierce over icd as the sixth gem?

"
Applefarm wrote:

Also, how does the range modifier work for TS? Lets say the primary explosion is far away, but the secondary arrow hits a target right next to me.

I'm not entirely sure since I don't have a drillneck. Try it out :)
IRL stuff
Tested "pierce" gem with Drillneck, with old version gem (2.1), when pierce % changed leveling up gem.

+1% pierce boosts DPS on non-piercing by default skills like split and LA, and it does not boost tornado or traps.
Sorry for my bad English. Crit bow Ranger 97 lvl.
Last edited by LazerDeath on Mar 7, 2016, 2:52:07 AM
Hi, very nice build. I run it with some very early game gear and my TS is over 1.2k dps at level 40. No problems were detected about surviving. I was wondering if this build can be used without traps and maybe caustic arrows and if yes, what change in the normal tree and in the ascendancy tree(I would like to go for endless munition). Thanks in advance.
"
Mozzanator wrote:
Hi, very nice build. I run it with some very early game gear and my TS is over 1.2k dps at level 40. No problems were detected about surviving. I was wondering if this build can be used without traps and maybe caustic arrows and if yes, what change in the normal tree and in the ascendancy tree(I would like to go for endless munition). Thanks in advance.

If you mean caustic arrow by levelining, split/lightning arrow is better

If you mean cause arrow as a secondary damage skill, it's terrible since CA does not benefit from most of the stats you get.
IRL stuff
"
Ayvi wrote:
"
Mozzanator wrote:

If you mean cause arrow as a secondary damage skill, it's terrible since CA does not benefit from most of the stats you get.

I mean like secondary damage skill to use on high levels (around 70-80). I liked the chaos dameage from CA, but i trust you on its bad sinergy. So lightning is a good option?
"
Mozzanator wrote:
"
Ayvi wrote:
"
Mozzanator wrote:

I mean like secondary damage skill to use on high levels (around 70-80). I liked the chaos dameage from CA, but i trust you on its bad sinergy. So lightning is a good option?

Well, if you plan on using lightning arrow, there's no need for tornado shot anymore since LA will be your main source of aoe clear
IRL stuff
What about Far Shot, at what distance it becames +30% more damage?
Last edited by LazerDeath on Mar 8, 2016, 7:57:54 AM
"
LazerDeath wrote:

I'm not quite sure the exact range in which the damage modifier changes. Atm, the main reason I use it is to mitigate damage penalty from point blank at far range
IRL stuff
"
Ayvi wrote:
"
LazerDeath wrote:

I'm not quite sure the exact range in which the damage modifier changes. Atm, the main reason I use it is to mitigate damage penalty from point blank at far range

Yes i got it. The only question is it "more" modificator or just "increase"?
"
LazerDeath wrote:
"
Ayvi wrote:
"
LazerDeath wrote:

Yes i got it. The only question is it "more" modificator or just "increase"?

More
IRL stuff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info