[2.2] Ayvi's Point Blank Tornado shot / Puncture build! Uber viable!

At what point do you recommend attempting Uber? (Life/Defenses/DPS) I understand it takes some skill to the final fight no matter what, but wanted to know when a good starting point was. Ive been farming for Mortal pieces, and kill can take down Normal with my eyes closed...Thanks!
Last edited by zombie9393 on Mar 24, 2016, 12:47:35 AM
"
NewbieDOTcom wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Its no biggie losing about 7k base TS damage its OP anyway especially with Point Blank Node. I have not run any uber runs lately I was working on my other LA/BR build yet I did spec into it once on normal atziri yet did not spend enough time in runs to see any difference since its 1 trap = dead unlike uber runs where traps may get taken out on placements a lot more often and needing to cast more then 1. That's why I was curious on your thoughts on the 5 seconds since spec'ing into it is the same trap paper damage wise. The TS is no biggie. I will play around with your trap spec to that area a little more when I have time. My TS/Trapper is still my favorite character to play and TY for the reply.

Hey np. Glad you're enjoying the build. My friend's been loving clever construction during his runs now haha.

"
zombie9393 wrote:
At what point do you recommend attempting Uber? (Life/Defenses/DPS) I understand it takes some skill to the final fight no matter what, but wanted to know when a good starting point was. Ive been farming for Mortal pieces, and kill can take down Normal with my eyes closed...Thanks!

I think I would start around 40k ts dps and 4.8k+ hp
IRL stuff
"
Ayvi wrote:
"
NewbieDOTcom wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Its no biggie losing about 7k base TS damage its OP anyway especially with Point Blank Node. I have not run any uber runs lately I was working on my other LA/BR build yet I did spec into it once on normal atziri yet did not spend enough time in runs to see any difference since its 1 trap = dead unlike uber runs where traps may get taken out on placements a lot more often and needing to cast more then 1. That's why I was curious on your thoughts on the 5 seconds since spec'ing into it is the same trap paper damage wise. The TS is no biggie. I will play around with your trap spec to that area a little more when I have time. My TS/Trapper is still my favorite character to play and TY for the reply.

Hey np. Glad you're enjoying the build. My friend's been loving clever construction during his runs now haha.

"
zombie9393 wrote:

Awesome. I'm at 75k TS DPS in Hideout, and 5.4k life. Once I get a few more mortal sets, I'll give it a go.
"
zombie9393 wrote:
"
Ayvi wrote:
"
NewbieDOTcom wrote:

"
zombie9393 wrote:

Awesome. I'm at 75k TS DPS in Hideout, and 5.4k life. Once I get a few more mortal sets, I'll give it a go.

That's good! Seems like you're more than ready, let me know how it went
IRL stuff

Uber Down! But I really need to get better at Vaal fight. Wasting a portal or 2 there every time. Trio is not an issue, but the Vaal fight is giving me some trouble. Got super lucky with crafting diamond rings, now at 95k TS dps (Hatred and Ash, no frenzy charges, no flasks) in hideout at level 91. I need to gain a few more levels and focus on trap damage I think. Puncture DPS is at 65k. It seems like I'm spending too much time fighting the Vaal bosses. I think it's best to get them down as quick as possible, cause it gets pretty hairy when one of them enrages. What do you think about running Vaal Haste to help during the Vaal fight? Any tips would be appreciated.
"
zombie9393 wrote:

Uber Down! But I really need to get better at Vaal fight. Wasting a portal or 2 there every time. Trio is not an issue, but the Vaal fight is giving me some trouble. Got super lucky with crafting diamond rings, now at 95k TS dps (Hatred and Ash, no frenzy charges, no flasks) in hideout at level 91. I need to gain a few more levels and focus on trap damage I think. Puncture DPS is at 65k. It seems like I'm spending too much time fighting the Vaal bosses. I think it's best to get them down as quick as possible, cause it gets pretty hairy when one of them enrages. What do you think about running Vaal Haste to help during the Vaal fight? Any tips would be appreciated.

Grats on the kill :)
Just make sure you are closer to the vaal they spawn so your tornado's damage is amplified by point blank. I like using vaal haste to burst them down.
IRL stuff
Top quality player and totally a nice guy.

Ill give it a try as soon as i get some currency.
Hi!
This build still works in 2.3?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info