Unique and Divination Card Drop Rate Changes in 2.0.3

The increase to some divination cards drop rates is most welcome. Divination cards are great in concept, but too often their underwhelming drop rate fails to provide the sufficient incentive for players to farm the specific areas they drop in. This change is a step in the right direction.
Last edited by Rockstopper on Sep 1, 2015, 2:00:54 PM
Like anyone was ever going to pay 30 chaos for a goldrim.
Rip the good feeling of finding a really rare item
Sweaty_ballz - Lv 1 solo - Leveling is too easy - Twilight strand for life :)
And then we quadrupled it. PogChamp
"
brutalrazial wrote:
Even if shavs has a 1% chance of dropping (i think some people are forgetting that 1% applies when a occultist vestment drops not a 1% chance overall), so say 5 vestments drops in a map you have 5 goes at rolling a shavs trying to hit 1 number out of a hundred (1% is very generous imho too). Now you have a 4% chance (when a vestment drops) to roll shavs. Odds are still so horrible.

While your point was x% * 4 = n, when x is extremely low, n is still extremely low, you went into irrelevant detail.

You used a hypothetical % then went on to say that hypothetical % is also less because it also has the drop rate of occultist's vestments to be considered, to make it even less.

First, we don't need a % drop rate to just know it is 4 times more.

Second, only you gave a hypothetical % which wasn't chance to drop per monster, per loot item or per unique, but per occultist's vestment, you then went on to explain that people need to understand this, when they don't.

Third, that isn't how uniques are rolled, any way. The game doesn't roll occultist's vestment then roll whether or not that occultist's vestment is a unique, the game rolls whether or not a drop is a unique, first, then it rolls for which unique (I believe it may roll tier between those rolls, but that is irrelevant).
Casually casual.

"
Chris wrote:

All rare and super-rare Unique items now drop four times as often as they previously did. Yes, this means that four times as many Mjölners or Shavronne's Wrappings will now drop.

Are these items game world, map only, or high level map only? If the latter and you cannot get to the required high level maps, your drop rate is still zero.
"
mandodiao wrote:
Very interesting. I think having a real good end-game build should be something more ppl should be able to experience seeing that is the best part of the game, maybe not everyone will have these items to drop for themselves but prices on those items will go down and be more afordable to other players.

Oh yeah. I have been playing this game for about 1000h (estimated, I am at 395h in steam, have been playing on and off since open beta), done a lot of studying and theorycrafting, have 12 chars, but never made it into endgame (farming 70+ maps). I sometimes wonder, why I am still playing this game.
Thank you for the increase. As a player for almost three years playing lots of hours a week I sure would like a Taste of Hate drop. :)

P.S. Can you bring some of my previous fun builds back from the nerf grave?
Last edited by jscobeetoo on Sep 1, 2015, 2:40:31 PM
Thank you GGG, thank you. I have never had anything nice to say about you in the forums, I feel bad now. Thank you. You guys are awesome.
It should be 20x greater drop frequency for T1 uniques. I don't play temp leagues because I'm still working on my standard characters. After 2.5 years and 1000's of hours in standard, it's clear that I'll never get anything close to gear/build completion in a 4 month league. Unfortunate really, because I think I would enjoy the temp leagues.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info