T1 or Super Rare Unqiues

For ppl that like consistency ots easier to farm currency and buy t1...

Its all RNG. But there is also thread called:

"Im lucky so game is fine" showing that RNG in PoE is retarded and not fair.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
ITT multi thousand hour A1N Lioneye's Watch players wonder why they didn't drop a T1 unique in all those thousands of hours tabbed to poe.trade.

Anu gets it.

Chris is right, people, play long enough and you'll get something great to drop.
"
johnKeys wrote:

I don't know. as far as the "real T1" uniques, I'll never see one drop, it seems.

my highest-tier unique drops so far?

Spoiler

You're selling yourself short, 2-3 items there are quite rare drops.
"
SjakaWaka wrote:

you don't need to find a T1 unique to get 1.

That mentality doesn't work in the middle/end of the leagues. Items you find don't sell so you have to find big T1 itens to get other t1 items.
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
Even if you got a T1 unique vast majority of them are useless you have a ton of other items + high level character to use them.

+ Shavronne's Wrappings - Kinda shit and useless for vast majority unless your going to trade it away
+ Mjölner - Kinda shit unless you have the rest of the items to make it work, prob going to trade it away
+ Windripper - Good elemental damage bow for overall use
+ Void Battery - Shitty unless you have an exact type build variant for this, your to prob trade this away
+ Kaom's Heart - Used for exactly 1 build, RF prob going to trade this away
+ The Goddess Bound - collector item or trade away
+ Soul Taker - Used in very few builds, prob going to trade away
+ Song of the Sirens - Fun item you might keep
+ Lightning Coil - OP
+ Prism Guardian - Same like Shav
+ Doriyani's Fist - Elemental damage version of facebreaker, you might want to keep it for a new character
+ Hegemony's Era - Useful for a p damage staff builds
+ Rathpith Globe - Generic enough for overall use

Out of the 13 T1 items you might want to keep 4 for personal usage if you do not trade or run a extremely niche build to make the item work with other items.

So people complaining that it's impossible to get a T1 item unless you trade, vast majority of them purpose would be to trade away for other items anyway.

If you go heavy into armour you're still better off getting a 2k armour chest since it will give you around 5k armour at lv 80+. That is -500 phys damage taken. You must get hit by vaal fallen or something for lightning coil to be better. Lightning coil also makes crits shock on you and gives -60% lightning resistance. LC is overrated atm, it used to be really good when it was 40%, but now its a bit meh imo.
"
goetzjam wrote:
Obviously I don't want T1 unqiues to be super common, but at some point you have to ask yourself why you play a game that literally hasn't rewarded you with those rare items that according to this statement of "play long enough" should have happened.

You don't understand. You just have not played long enough.

Trust me when I say the feeling will be so much sweeter when it finally happens and it actually means something. Just remember if you're not enjoying the grind you're doing it wrong. Even a tier 1 drop won't keep you happy for too long when you're not enjoying the game.
I've played since open beta. Have at least 1-3 lvl 90 chars each league since then (so as you can see I play alot albeit not "no-lifing" the game).

Up till now I found 3 shav's (1 open beta, 1 anarchy, 1 warbands).

Last league I had 3 Lightning coils rotting in my stash and nobody was interested in buying them even when I put them in my shop for 10c each. I also found several Rat's nest, maligaro's, etc. over the past leagues but as you know prices and drop-rates changes every league. This means T1 in one league doesn't have to be T1 in the other. Goldrim and aurseize seems to be quit rare this league ...

So yes, Chris is right. Play and you'll find something at some point. My brother was telling exactly the same story: "I never get something blablabla" and yesterday he found a pledge of hands and a death's hand within 3 hours...
I am not a 3k hours playing type and found several t1's. If goddess bound is t1 I found 2 of them. A windripper too. Rat's nest x2. Almost all 1ex uniques are already found by me.
It's all luck and RNG, the only question is if one enjoys destroying cannon fodder and grinding content.

I've played on and off since the original beta. RNG was always horrible to me.

This league things got wild in Warbands lol. I've had Void Battery, Belly of the Beast and Lightning Coil drop.

Then I managed to 6 link that Belly in under 100 fusings. Took a lot more to 6 link my own chest.

It's like every few days I get jack and then WHAM! Yesterday I yolo opened a rare large strongbox in Wasteland map and got 2 Waterways. I think I almost shat meself as I didn't think maps even drop besides carto boxes.

Patience pays off sometimes.

1800 hours only counting 60+ characters, this also does not include my other account with 8 60+ characters.

This is the only t1 unique I have ever found, obviously way way back in open beta. I vaal'd it in frustration when I temporarily quit awhile back.

So, easily over 2k hours, for a single t1. Yeah, I would love to see a boost in drop rates. Trading and every aspect of the game being balanced around it is the #1 issue I have with PoE.

And yes, I realize how futile it is to plea for GGG to consider straying away from the economy simulator design.
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East
Last edited by Caustic2 on Aug 31, 2015, 11:11:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info