Iva's Vaal Ground Slam Build

"
SteKrz wrote:
"
IvaSheppeard wrote:
Q. Is Empire's Grasp viable?
A. Empire's Grasp is viable but is only worth using in parties (grouping all the mobs together for faster clear speed). You will have to tweak the build a lot and rely on Cyclone to shatter enemies because Vaal Ground Slam in a 4 link will not provide enough damage to sustain souls by itself.

Why would you use VGS in 4l with Empire's Grasp? Do you mean in the gloves for knockback support? You don't need to, the skill has 100% knockback already.

Most likely for the reversed knockback!
Since VGS is supported by Multistrike, it may occurr that you push mobs out of your AoE on first hit, and they survive. Empire's Grasp would result in drawing the mobs towards you, getting all three hits.
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
Hi, nice build.

Random question here: if you had Atziri's Acuity wouuld you use it, and if so, what would you change (if any) on the skill tree.
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
pleas answer this question , would a 6L legacy lighting coil be better than a normal Armour based chest ? like maybe better to deal with reflect ?
Probably gonna sound like newb question but! How do you have a 20 qt vaal gem? I was told you couldn't vender one and get a 20qt vaal gem like normal gems cause there cruppted! If thats so....... how is yours 20qt..........?
Check poe.trade for PC all your gear on STD:
Armour 6L = 30-40ex
Good Armour Helmet = around 10-20ex
Hegemony's Era = 5L 5-10ex / 6L 30-40ex
Boots = around 10ex
Gloves = cheap
Belt with phys dmg = 2-3ex
Rings, amulet = cheap

Sacrificial Harvest Viridian Jewel 20-30% = 1-3ex x1
Vaal Sentencing Cobalt Jewel 80%-110% = 1-10ex(if need top roll) x4
Chill of Corruption Viridian Jewel = 3ex (minimum) x1

Total price without another Gems:
around ~120ex for this build on STD
Price can be more high if you want top Gear. This build can use some mirror items but no need

What we have:
New Build? => yes
Intresting build? => yes
Good for LVL-ling char (if skip some Bosses)? => yes
Can farm 76-79 maps? => yes
Can do strong bosses without mobs? (Atziri) => i dont think so. need many mobs to recharge your VGS after kill. no mobs - no VGS
Expensive for new players? => yes
Have prophit with mirror items? => no
Can do reflect maps? => no (need Acuity + use LL gem)

Start playing in Feb 9, 2013
My KineticBlast LL ML 400kDPS GMP /view-thread/1466693
Asus LGA1155 P8P67 / Intel Core i5-2500@4GHz / Corsair Vengeance 16GB@1600MHz
Asus GTX970 STRIX 4GB / Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus 7.1
Acer 27 IPS 2560x1440@144Hz [XF270HU] + BenQ 24 TN-film 1920x1080@120Hz [XL2420T]
nice build. just wondering, on the skill tree part of the OP, what did you mean by planned tree? like a core build?
"
Probably gonna sound like newb question but! How do you have a 20 qt vaal gem? I was told you couldn't vender one and get a 20qt vaal gem like normal gems cause there cruppted! If thats so....... how is yours 20qt..........?

You take an ordinary 20 quality ground slam and apply a vaal orb. There's a chance that the gem is transformed to its vaal version (if it has one). If that happens it retains its quality,
Last edited by incinerate on Sep 19, 2015, 10:18:07 AM
Nice build bro, I watched BotW and Gorge run.
It's not as bad vs reflect, new one is very easy to see and only 1 rare or 1 blue bloodline pack has it.

and one note: at the Bandits spoiler you wrote "Normal: Kill Oak" I guess its should be "help Oak".
IGN: Free_hugging
I am usually online at GMT+1 evening times.

Generate filters using poe.ninja data using my item filter tool: https://github.com/Xeverous/filter_spirit
I was wondering about the potential of switching from fortify to phys to lightning. With the high crits shocks would be guaranteed and with less phys damage reflect would be easier to handle.

Also cool build, love the dense mob over-kill.
Maybe I am missing something obvious, and for that I apologize in advance. But I see you are running 3 auras for 100% reserved (25-25-50). I have looked at both of your passive tree links and gear and jewels and see nothing that reduces mana reserved. Yet in the BotW video, you still have mana (looks like 34 or so). How is this possible?

thank you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info