[2.0] Incinerate RF Atziri killer/Map faceroller build

SHOCK Age 18+ 350+life and 1k DPS:D
Spoiler
When i rolled first +1 mana i wanted to suicide:( But now i think,its good too,much better when mana regeneration or cold-light dmg etc.I have 25 no reserved mana and dont use blood magic to another skills, my Flammability cost 19 mana and chaos golem 24:)With this stat i can farm, ,maps w/o mana regeneration or 60% less mana regen and alltime have full mana to use my skills:)

And btw now i'm using Tempest shield+CWDT+Molten Shell because i dont use Enduring cry ever,and IC is trash w/o endurance charges,but it give me aditional block chance+ dmg boost with light skill.And its still dont need mana.And its look like very beautiful oO Light-fire shield)
Last edited by Q12345 on Sep 30, 2015, 9:13:53 PM
I was also thinking about some changes to my CWDT setup ... too sad, that Warcries can't be casted by CWDT, would make things much easier :/
Found some armour boots with high life and STR roll today, atm testing some setups of a low-level CWDT here, but didn't find something that makes sense. Maybe I'm going to place Flammability there or Summon Chaos Golem ... it's not that easy :D
is the -24 reduced mana cost of skills mandatory? thinking of starting this in the 1M HC league but as you can tell, I will not have the jewelery right away ofc.
"
danteafk wrote:
is the -24 reduced mana cost of skills mandatory? thinking of starting this in the 1M HC league but as you can tell, I will not have the jewelery right away ofc.

You see, the -24 mana is for incinerate to be mana based and free of cost. Not using it means we need mana, or even blood magic gem. I used it myself for a long time until tried this setup. It depends on so many things like your gem level, gear, passive tree and stuff. But its totally possible to not use elreon jewelry.
"
anakkk wrote:

I also tested The Consuming Dark. It grabbed my attention since the beggining. I don't recommend it anymore, seems like there is no sinergy.

Cons:
-There is no "Chaos Penetration" gem, so whenever you encounter a chaos resisted monster, it would take time to kill. (this includes atziri)
- Even with 75% of damage being chaos, there was 25% that was fire. When fighting monsters with ES, the fire would attack first the ES, and at the time i killed the monster it would still had some ES left, so my damage wasnt completely functional.
- Besides HP and cast speed, there isn't any mod on rings that helped us. So... Yeah...

Was it an OCD thing? Consuming Dark allows you to ignore part of the EHP (energy shield) of the monster. With 100% fire, you have to reduce the ES to zero before affecting HP. With 75% Chaos, you killed the monster earlier.

Consider an example:
Monster 1000 HP, 1000 ES. We do 1400 fire in one hit.
With consuming dark, 1400*.75 = 1050 chaos damage. Monster dies in 1 hit.
With not consuming dark, 1400 fire damage reduces ES to 0 and -400 HP. Monster at 600 HP after 1 hit.
So consuming dark was more effective.
*For the purpose of the example, assume no difference in damage between consuming dark and other weapon. You did a nice job pointing out the penetration issue in your first "con" and we are talking about impact of chaos damage on ES in second "con" so assume no resistances and no penetration.
In situations where there is energy shield, consuming dark will kill faster (lots of ES) or as fast (little ES) as 100% fire.

Other things:
your rings could have +% increased fire damage, which is resolved before damage is converted to chaos by consuming dark, so would also be a beneficial mod with that dagger.

Consuming dark allows for whirling blades (higher mobility)

These are minor issues, I agree that consuming dark is not worth it.

I liked your guide overall, thanks for making it!
"
Donut_Harvest wrote:
"
anakkk wrote:

I also tested The Consuming Dark. It grabbed my attention since the beggining. I don't recommend it anymore, seems like there is no sinergy.

Cons:
-There is no "Chaos Penetration" gem, so whenever you encounter a chaos resisted monster, it would take time to kill. (this includes atziri)
- Even with 75% of damage being chaos, there was 25% that was fire. When fighting monsters with ES, the fire would attack first the ES, and at the time i killed the monster it would still had some ES left, so my damage wasnt completely functional.
- Besides HP and cast speed, there isn't any mod on rings that helped us. So... Yeah...

Was it an OCD thing? Consuming Dark allows you to ignore part of the EHP (energy shield) of the monster. With 100% fire, you have to reduce the ES to zero before affecting HP. With 75% Chaos, you killed the monster earlier.

Consider an example:
Monster 1000 HP, 1000 ES. We do 1400 fire in one hit.
With consuming dark, 1400*.75 = 1050 chaos damage. Monster dies in 1 hit.
With not consuming dark, 1400 fire damage reduces ES to 0 and -400 HP. Monster at 600 HP after 1 hit.
So consuming dark was more effective.
*For the purpose of the example, assume no difference in damage between consuming dark and other weapon. You did a nice job pointing out the penetration issue in your first "con" and we are talking about impact of chaos damage on ES in second "con" so assume no resistances and no penetration.
In situations where there is energy shield, consuming dark will kill faster (lots of ES) or as fast (little ES) as 100% fire.

Other things:
your rings could have +% increased fire damage, which is resolved before damage is converted to chaos by consuming dark, so would also be a beneficial mod with that dagger.

Consuming dark allows for whirling blades (higher mobility)

These are minor issues, I agree that consuming dark is not worth it.

I liked your guide overall, thanks for making it!

I agree with your math. But the thing is that if we use Fire Penetration and/or Flammability, the damage overall would be better without The Consuming Dark.
Whirling blades are way better, it's true. No argument here.

Also, i changed my wand:

DPS with LMP: 22,2k
DPS with slower proj instead of LMP: 32,0k
"
anakkk wrote:

Also, i changed my wand:

DPS with LMP: 22,2k
DPS with slower proj instead of LMP: 32,0k

Is this better than Doon Cuebiyari for you?

You didn't give us any numbers here:
"
anakkk wrote:
Just for the record:

I did tried a Doon Cuebiyari. My DPS got bigger, even with my low 516 str.
The cast speed makes us reach stage 3 faster and deal more DPS for each hit. I just don't know if it pays for the 0,2% life leech (0,2% * 19k * 4 = 152 life per sec from single targets)

I can only figure it's more than 19.5k you show in your stat screen.

Just want to know what stats I'd have to look for, it's a bit hard to compare the "adds fire damage to spells" affix with "%fire/spell damage".

I'm afraid anything below 20% castspeed will need mirror tier spell damage lines to beat DC on a high str char.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 5, 2015, 6:49:20 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:

I can only figure it's more than 19.5k you show in your stat screen.

Just want to know what stats I'd have to look for, it's a bit hard to compare the "adds fire damage to spells" affix with "%fire/spell damage".

I'm afraid anything below 20% castspeed will need mirror tier spell damage lines to beat DC on a high str char.

Sorry about that, I was in a rush so I just didn't took any SS. If I can, ill get some images today.

From my memory, i can say that in terms of DPS: My new rare wand > Doon Cuebyiari > Doryani Catalyst.

Catalyst has leech. Doon has HP boost (+ str). My wand doesn't have any upside besides DPS.

The difference is the T1 "add x-y fire damage to spells", im pretty sure. The other stat that makes Doon really good (therefore could also boost your DPS with a rare wand) is cast speed.

Downside of using a rare weapon: 188 int. That is hard to get.
I think,all people who dont use Alpha's Howl,can use helm with warband mode Redblade: 10% of Physical Damage taken as Fire Damage.More phys deffence:)
I have been using Doryiani forever (since the original build was posted) and never bothered trying Doon or simply a rare wand. At level 95 I am wondering if it makes sense to consider a swap to either Doon or a rare wand? I do not really have issues with life loss from using BM so I am not convinced I need the leach from Dori. Then again I am not really sure I need more damage either so maybe it does make sense to try a Doon.

Oh and I think the "adds xx-xx fire damage to spells" is absolutely the biggest difference in the rare wand in terms of DPS. Look at the damage ranges for incinerate levels and then look at what your wand adds:

Lvl Fire Dam

19 134–200
20 147–220
21 161–242

Level 19 to 20 gem adds 13-20 fire dam
Level 20 to 21 gem adds another 14-22 fire damage

So that wand with its 49-78 fire damage to spells adds almost 3.5 incinerate "gem levels" worth of base damage that gets increased by items and the tree by a huge amount. Its the damage equivalent of taking Oaks favor for base life.
Last edited by Neurik on Oct 6, 2015, 8:06:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info