2.0.2c Patch Notes

"
Duradil wrote:
So screw the community because a few people found a way to take advantage of a new mechanic? How about balance the mechanic versus nerd the drops? Make it so the gloves can only affect xx number of mobs in a certain time period!

Exactly thats GGG's response, 1 person takes advantage all suffer. "Nerf of the wXile(ghost)" TM
MY SHOP THREAD 485102
"
This one is a real head-scratcher for sure.

Is there a dev write up somewhere explaining the details behind the decision?

someone posted a video on reddit of 2 builds that worked together in maps with the Torment mod on it that made them drop so much loot the game crashed.

Basically you get a cyclone dude with a shit ton of LGOH, the reverse knockback gloves and a lot of knockback chance on jewels. The cyclone dude specced AB so his attacks wouldn't damage any of the mobs (which got dragged around by the nature of the gloves and cyclone) and a culler takes out the triple ghosted crowd for a loot explosion that would make any Dom farmer cream their pants.

The best thing is that the culler can be damn near anything as long as it does damage. That player isn't in any real danger of getting killed since the cycloner is literally kiting big packs of mobs around, stunning and reverse-knockbacking them continuously.
"
This one is a real head-scratcher for sure.

Is there a dev write up somewhere explaining the details behind the decision?

Yeah I honestly didn't see an issue with it like It was a very clever way and it's unfortunate too because it was quite unique in a way lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Disappointing, but necessary because the profit margin was waaaay too large and predictable. It's a pity that it's going to affect everyone though, even non-abusers.
Last edited by Meridin on Aug 26, 2015, 12:21:29 AM
Why? Spirits are retarded as it is, this at least was kind of like a reward. And if you're not vaal cycloning you don't even get more than a few mobs unless you're lucky.

How many % less items? Why announce it even?
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com
Thanks for the description, Ola!

Yeah, I_NO. Seems a shame. But if it's causing crashes, I suppose they've gotta do what they've gotta do.

There's a real performance problem in the game engine when there's a lot of corpses/items/particle effects on the ground. Hopefully this will help to pinpoint the offending part of the code so that GGG can more easily begin fixing things in this area.
As someone that was doing this for the last few days - it was pretty broken. We consistently got our investment (8c back). It took our party of 3 about 3 maps to figure it out and after that the loot was insane. The second map we got a scolds, the third a windripper - saying our other drops would not lend credibility. The main reason we used a portal was from a crash and we had someone clean up the map after us with a couple hundred wisdoms. Pressing alt in game was also an insta crash. The game could no longer load the items and the loot would go 2-3 screens off in every direction. The last map before the nerf we got 1 ex and 3 divines from a double ghosted pack - how is that not broken?
I'm not saying the loot wasn't too strong but the amount they gutted it by was too much. It makes me wonder if they even tested the drop rates with culls at various rarities for things. It shouldnt take a collective of 150 ex in gear to make an 8c mod hit its breakpoint.
And the more important thing, this shits on ghosts in the normal game even more. There's probably absolutely no reason to chase them any more as they were terrible as is.
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com
"
Additional uses for all currency items will continue to be added over time in future patches. We're not going to rush them in to try to keep the exchange rates fixed at some specific place though.

So ..............

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info