Upcoming Divination Cards

"
Slinkymath wrote:
Is the going to be a Shavronne's Wrapping card? (Or is there one already?) I'd like to know if so. Thank you for your time. : )

Donate 1,100$ and there will be :)
"
vio wrote:
if a request takes some milliseconds there is time enough to scan all active characters every 5 seconds.

Wrong: you're always limited to 45 requests per minute before setting to throttled for another 60 seconds.

"
vio wrote:
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
What use has it to simply know 'char x of account y found item z'?

make him an offer he can't refuse?

joking aside, especially beginners will be happy if someone contacts them after they found a mirror and offers multiple exalts, other currency or unique items so they don't have to go through the hassle of advertizing and trading.

for a poe newbie, a mirror has the same value as a staffOfWumblewurz in GameOfWumblewurz for me => none, really.

Really? and: really an issue??

If one's unexperienced in somewhat (like a game, or anything else - and somewhat 'mature') 'one' should really take some care and dont trust every first 'offer' I cant evaluate. Very first thing me came in mind, is to get some reference value...

If one's naive enough to not take consequences from the very surprising whisper 'hey you, I want to offer you xxx for your yyy' out of nowhere - then its (to me) a part of 'lessons to learn'.

And yes its a scam and ripoff, but for the 'impact': how many naive enough newbies own a mirror? Again: how many are such naive to not think 5 millimeters beyond such offer??

Again, finally: if one's not knowing/willing to learn about at least some basics, then I dont see how that 'one' is really affected by his own 'fault'. Some learn by study, some by research, some by the hard way and some not at all, so what...
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
RootCookie wrote:
*sigh* My card is bloody useless now there is a lvl 4 Enlighten.

Also I thought you couldnt select what corruption you got, so why are the corrupted empower/enlighten/enhance lvl 4s?

Why are these allowed to pick corruptions? Or does this mean they could be corrupted to lvl 5? and if so how is that a valid item?

a) any details about your upcomming/planned card?

b) this gems needs to be corrupted to be able to get that level, so I'm seeing it as a valid, needed combination of 'rules'

c)exactly this: lvl 5 is not valid in any way and by this, also not possible.
--
"
vio wrote:
"
Erak wrote:
Some good ones for once, must be insanely rare i bet.

for the mirror card it's probably restricted to level 8x maps, alluring abyss or, in the best case, both.

Possible, but I doubt it. A mirror is an item without any specific (thematic) relation to an area and can - theoretically - drop everywhere. I'd expect that for the card the restriction is also (mainly) set by the drop rarity.
--
"
vio wrote:
"
RootCookie wrote:

This aside, should I keep the clean Enlighten Lv3 card when there is already going to be a rarer lvl 4 one?

i would keep it as it will drop more often.

+1, beside the aspect that peachii has brought up: stick to it if you dont have another idea in mind that you valuate as equal satisfying.
--
"
HeaT1 wrote:
i wonder how long it will take to even learn where the mirror card drops.

the more important issue is: how long will it take until all 'fake alarms' are 'muted'?
--
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
vio wrote:
if a request takes some milliseconds there is time enough to scan all active characters every 5 seconds.

Wrong: you're always limited to 45 requests per minute before setting to throttled for another 60 seconds.

ah, didn't know that. thx for letting me know.

"
Mr_Cee wrote:
Again: how many are such naive to not think 5 millimeters beyond such offer??

don't know, many? especially if they are still trying to find out if the game is interesting for them.

and i find it interesting that we obviously share the same opinion about what is a "scam": for me a deal turns into a scam only if one side talks the other side into the deal to gain an advantage.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
you're always limited to 45 requests per minute before setting to throttled for another 60 seconds.

ah, didn't know that. thx for letting me know.

GGG made some back-and-forth changes related to the throttling in the past (and obviously always without official statements) to 'adapt' the requests to the load and demands of servers/database.

"
vio wrote:
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
Again: how many are such naive to not think 5 millimeters beyond such offer??

don't know, many? especially if they are still trying to find out if the game is interesting for them.

maybe, but if such leave after a short while, they are not affected by the lowballed 'deal', and on some spot simply naivity turns into dumbness...
Other thing - neither for the active players nor the economy itself is the rotting mirror on an inactive/dead account a 'help'.

"
vio wrote:
for me a deal turns into a scam only if one side talks the other side into the deal to gain an advantage.

any rip-off, fleece - or whatever else to call - that someone else force/coerce into a direct disadvantage; especially by exploiting his verdance, is 'Betrug' to me as 'our' word for scam.
--
"
Taudlitz wrote:
really surprised that Gentleman card gives swords as dagger would fit picture and flavor text much more

My Card. Very pleased!

The theme of the card was me thinking back to ye olden days. Back in the day, a proper sword was a tool of the nobility. Peasants did not tend to have swords instead they were usually armed with pikes or spears, because swords were expensive and time consuming to make, while a stick with a pointy end is pretty quick and easy to make (from a relative perspective, forging metal always takes time).

"
grinvader wrote:
"
Taudlitz wrote:
really surprised that Gentleman card gives swords as dagger would fit picture and flavor text much more

"All that fancy sword swinging when all you need is one good stab."

That's not bad, I would think of calling that card more "The Assassin"
Last edited by Washu on Aug 27, 2015, 10:00:23 PM
"
SeraphicFire wrote:
OH God, that mirror card will be rarer than the mirror itself.
Edit: Super geekcited for the Empower one, my PA will be happy to get one.

I think it will not be that rare.

Rare is finding a 6 linked sockets when you are farming at level 63 instances like The Crematorium. Instead, I found the 11 The Chains that Bind cards in 40 hours before a single 6 Link appears by drop after 400+ hours I have been playing this game.

I think that Cards are a good alternative way to find what you REALLY are looking for if you dedicate the time to it instead of looking for the drop. In other words, we don't know the exact drop rate value, but by experience it's higher than the chance to get the item by drop. This card's system works for me as well to many other players. You want it, you give your effort and will to get it, then you have it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info