Map drops are still a big problem

They are chisels.....i like it when some low tiers drop....

I mean obviously i want the high tier's to drop as well, but i don't get bummed out when i see a low tier drop. It's just another hammer recipe....and you can never have enough chisels...

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I'm in the same boat. Stuck running grain-of-sand sized EXP giving maps at lvl92 because the maps I alch don't resupply me.
I don't need anymore gear - I can do alched 83 maps when they drop. I just want to run maps more appropriate to my level to gain experience, hit 100 then maybe move onto another build.
Worst part of this great game is end-game mapping.
"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
I was stuck with tier 2 maps... getting a tier 3 occasionally. I was alching maps and not getting anything higher.
I had to start chiseling, alching, vaaling tier THREE maps in order to get higher maps.
It might have been a big bad luck streak though lol

Yes I know it would have been cheaper to buy higher tier maps than using the currency on tier 3 ones... I thought about it after :)
up, as the situation with map drops never improved since the last msg in this thread
Last edited by snecko on Dec 24, 2015, 1:39:29 PM
Doing the challenges atm , like honestly I have ran like one single T11 map and it was the highest i have gotten so far . Maybe I just don't roll the correct map mods , who knows lol .
Last edited by skaterboy80 on Dec 24, 2015, 4:43:30 PM
Running high lvl maps solo requires you to burn through your currency for no return.

Works as intended.
Kuduku, you majestic, magnificent, pulsating, wooden shaft of a man. - ZiggyD
"
MinasMorgul wrote:
Running high lvl maps solo requires you to burn through your currency for no return.

Works as intended.

Yup. Maps are designed to be sustainable only in groups/by the rich.
if map drops are so bad, then why maps are so cheap?
i remember level 75 were 15:1ex 7-8months ago now they are 30+
Im the only one who is happy about map drop rates i think.

I can easily sustain T10-T11-T12 maps. T13 is for late game. So you gotta expect and risk burning some currency and getting nothing in return.

I play mixed T10-T11-T12 maps. I dont always run T12 maps of course. Dont expect such sustainability from late game maps. Bot the drop rate is very fine for me. IT used to be much worse in 1.3
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
I have no strength enough to go through whole thread so I'm not sure if someone said it already, but my proposal is at least to add bottom-cap to the drop system. If there is a top-cap, so you cannot get higher maps than +2 lvl from the current one, it is obvious for me that there should be a bottom-cap which would prevent drops lower than -X lvl from the current one. Let's say -3. In this case you'd play more or less in the area of your current capabilities.
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info