Map drops are still a big problem

Level 86 Dual Crit Ele Cycloner here; and stuck running 71-72 maps. I notice no difference between the current "map drop system" and pre-2.0. I'm stuck facerolling ultra easy maps and am not getting any drops that are allowing me to build anything beyond 72. I've done a few 74-77 (random drops) but even with combining and 20% chiseling (and raring) 71-72 maps... still stuck.

I've probably run 50+ 70+ maps in the past few days (possibly more).

It's just not there. The maps are so easy yet there's not enough map drops to evolve my pool.

Definitely a big problem that's causing me to grow bored and lose interest in the game :(
All that and a bag of chips!
Last edited by Mooginator on Aug 25, 2015, 2:25:29 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
the map-patch is an outright lie....a placebo effect mainly. at best, they "buffed" map drops by some humanly imperceptible fraction of a tiny percentage.

Last 2 maps I just ran:

lvl78 precinct - boss drops a fucking lvl70 piece of shit, that was the only map drop.
lvl78 crematorium - got back 2 maps (lvl 73, lvl 74)

those 2 maps cost me 20 chaos. got back garbage.

anyone reading this, POE end-game mapping is utter horsehit misery.
Yeah, i have the same problem. Atm lvl 89 and i run lvl 73-75 maps. Than i bought a lvl 78 map in trade chat and i found there a lvl 70!!! map. Wtf is this ....

A very good solution would be:
Maps drop at least one Map and Only with same lvl or higher, so you can do progress in the late game.

Im tired, bored and frustrated. This makes no fun :/
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
Last edited by guggelhupf on Aug 26, 2015, 3:43:58 PM
"
guggelhupf wrote:
Yeah, i have the same problem. Atm lvl 89 and i run lvl 73-75 maps. Than i bought a lvl 78 map in trade chat and i found there a lvl 70!!! map. Wtf is this ....

A very good solution would be:
Maps drop at least one Map and Only with same lvl or higher, so i can run lvl 82 white maps all day long

Im tired, bored and frustrated. This makes no fun :/

there i fixed it for you
The pre 2.0 map system was fine, I can't figure out why they changed it. 77-78 maps had value and you could sustain them with effort or minimal buying. Now you can't sustain for shit past 76.
"
johnssec wrote:
The pre 2.0 map system was fine, I can't figure out why they changed it. 77-78 maps had value and you could sustain them with effort or minimal buying. Now you can't sustain for shit past 76.

So the .1% couldn't get to 100 fas---- oh wait wait that didn't really do anything.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Patch 2.0.2 moved the 'mapping cliff' from lv 74 to lv 76. They increased the drop rate of ILVL 74+ maps, but that is not the same as LV 74+! You just get more crappy low level maps in high level zones. With each level the chance of getting crappy maps increases since there are more possible levels for the dropped maps. So the actual increase in the good map drop rate was only big enough for about 2 levels.

Before 2.0.2 I could not sustain a map pool over lv 74. Now it's lv 76. I'm a solo player (no group bonuses) who is not uber enough to invest 10+ chaos orbs into every map to roll it with high enough IIQ yet still doable. I alch every map and chaos it if the mods are too harsh. With that level of investment I have a huge pool of lv 73 maps and can sustain a reasonable pool of lv 74-76 (partly by trading up lv 72-73 maps). I have done over 100 maps in that level range since the 2.0.2 patch, about 20-30 of them being lv 75-76. Yet I have seen exactly ZERO lv 77 maps drop. Every time I do lv 75-76 maps (always alched, IIQ > 50), they either drop no maps at all or drop lower level ones. Full clears, /remaining = 0.

Don't tell me about the evil RNG. This is the same thing as lv 74 before 2.0.2. They just pushed it back 2 levels. But the issue will not be solved until GGG adds a MINIMUM DROP LEVEL. There is no reason for ilvl 76 Dungeon maps to exist. You've seen plenty of posts saying that seeing a low level map drop is more frustrating than not seeing any map drops at all. Please, for all that's [un]holy, GGG, stop this crap! High level zones should drop only high level maps. And then you can tune the proper drop rate.
I had a few 79, 78 and 77, I decided to run them today, always went with atleast 100%+ quant, vaaled nearly all of them, now I only have 2 77's left and I don't have a lot of hope in getting atleast 77's in these.

My char is lvl 92 and running 76's is boring as hell, wish I could run some 79's again...
since there are lvl75+ maps for sale, someone is finding them; aka, maps drop.
if you can't find them, buy them.
"
the map-patch is an outright lie....a placebo effect mainly. at best, they "buffed" map drops by some humanly imperceptible fraction of a tiny percentage.

Last 2 maps I just ran:

lvl78 precinct - boss drops a fucking lvl70 piece of shit, that was the only map drop.
lvl78 crematorium - got back 2 maps (lvl 73, lvl 74)

those 2 maps cost me 20 chaos. got back garbage.

anyone reading this, POE end-game mapping is utter horsehit misery.

Co-sign all this. Good post.

GGGs end game was already worst I ever played and somehow they topped that on awakening.
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info