[2.5] Dual Flame Totem Crit version. 263k dps (400k possible) . Uber and Normal Atziri

Hey... Glad you are enjoying the build. I will try to keep it up to date.

Level 75 Tree optimized - Game Complete.

The gear is the same. I have not seen anything exciting yet.

Edit - Broke 20K DPS - Still 4 linked. The build is working quite well so far in the new league.
I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
Last edited by Ahewaz on Mar 6, 2016, 10:04:22 PM
"
Ahewaz wrote:
Hey... Glad you are enjoying the build. I will try to keep it up to date.

Level 75 Tree optimized - Game Complete.

The gear is the same. I have not seen anything exciting yet.

Edit - Broke 20K DPS - Still 4 linked. The build is working quite well so far in the new league.

Thank you for the update.
What did you choose for the sub class??
Occultist.

You can get some extra Elemental / Chaos DPS & increase your Energy Shield. It makes you less squishy.

I got my hands on The Consuming Dark. While the nerf hurts, it is still a pretty powerful weapon. Mobs are dying a lot quicker.

What I am predicting will be my final tree. I am still playing around with it. I will post if I make any changes.

Still 4 linked with 22k DPS.
@Ahewaz,
Hello! Thank you for updating this build! =)
I have an idea, what do you think about shadow assassin class? Your passive tree just 5 point away from shadow and assassin have pretty good crit bonuses (ambush, assassinate), but Im not sure if they work with totems
@RReds

Hmmmm... Interesting theory,

I am not an expert in class structure. Rusherboy is the brains in that area.

I can try to break it down for you,

Base
Your starting nodes are better than mine. You get 4% cast speed to start to my 3%. I get spell damage (28%) to your elemental damage (26%) however you get +12 to max Energy Shield. I believe spell damage is more powerful but would need an expert (/cough Rusherboy /cough) to confirm it.

Pro's
You would rarely be starved for Dex which means you can skip the Maligaro's & wear a Facebreaker which gives you about 1k to 3k more DPS in the later stages or something else.

Vaal Haste would be easy to maintain at level 20 (Dex requirement). I always stop around 15 because I have trouble maintaining the Dex.

Con's

You cannot buy a flame totem! You can get someone I am sure, heck send me a PM. Unless I am in the labyrinth, I will run to town & buy you one. You can buy me Faster Attacks & Whirling Blades!

Your biggest weakness is it will take you a long time to get to casting dual totems. 29 nodes to my 18. Also all the totem nodes are on the other side. You will not see the immediate impact of getting stronger totems till you are well in your late 40's. Critical damage will only do so much if you base is low.

You would most likely be mana starved. You would have to swap out some of the nodes. You would have to invest in the Heart & Soul line to increase your mana pool. This is big if you plan to use the Infernal Mantle. You might not be able to use clarity either to avoid the 100% increase spell damage when LOM.

Your energy shield would be a lower because of your low Int but you get 12 free to your base at the start.

Comments
Except the Assassinate line I cannot see anything helping you unless you are planning on generating Power Charges. Assassinate, I do like the Culling Strike at the end of the line. Not having to kill the last 10%? Sign me up for that!

In the end, I guess you would have to weigh out the pro's / con's. I am not even sure I got them all.

I like the idea of the occultist right now because with the extra energy shield I might not be a 1 hit wonder anymore! I am playing around with the 20% mobs go boom on curse. It is amusing however when mobs die in 3 secs I do not have time to curse them.

You know you are an addict when you are supposed to be working & you are replying to posts lol.
Last edited by Ahewaz on Mar 7, 2016, 5:08:40 PM
Emperor Izaro Fight - Merciless Difficulty... Sorry for the lame loot but at least I killed him.

I am going to work on my achievements next. Post if you have a question, I will try to answer it as best I can.

Gotta say, I love this build. I'm not the best mechanics-wise, so I wanted something this league that could down Izaro and dodge traps while not being a pro. This build is it.

Just did Cruel Lab, one try and cleared. I started at level 56, ended at level 58, took about 40 minutes. My gear is self-found with almost no effort put into it so far. Izaro fights were a joke, ending in less than 30 seconds. While I see many people crying about the Izaro fight, I'm now twice Ascended with 0 total deaths at level 58.

For anyone interested in the high quality of my gear, check it out. The helm is new, found off Izaro, and the old one was much worse. I only have 3 skills equipped, Flame Totem, Clarity, and Flammability. I haven't set up CWDT/any movement skills.

Spoiler
Small update, I was able to 5 link my BP

Spoiler

Gems for top DPS right now are,

Flame Totem 19
Faster Casting 19
Elemental Focus 18
Controlled Destruction 19
Void Manipulation 19

DPS is sitting at 37,771.9 without any buffs / pets / potions.

I just need to up my resists & I should be able to try Atziri.

"
Ahewaz wrote:
Small update, I was able to 5 link my BP

Spoiler

Gems for top DPS right now are,

Flame Totem 19
Faster Casting 19
Elemental Focus 18
Controlled Destruction 19
Void Manipulation 19

DPS is sitting at 37,771.9 without any buffs / pets / potions.

I just need to up my resists & I should be able to try Atziri.

Is there a reason to use Controlled Destruction?
I thought this build was for Crit Totem :p and your skill tree has a lot of crits,
@Bibum

Hey,

The loss of crit % is minor compared to the value of the spell damage. In the Talisman league Controlled Destruction generated 23k DPS to this build and was the most powerful gem I had. Nothing else (except Empower level 4) even comes close. My Crit % was still about 36.65% in the old build.

So far I have tested

Increased Critical Damage - loss 2k
Faster Projectiles - Loss 5k
Culling Strike - Loss 1500

My weakest gem right now is Void Manipulation.

This build at 5 link & maxed gems will get me to 70k DPS easy. I doubt I will even bother with the 6th link. Unless you want to go after Uber, everything else should melt at 70k.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info