[2.0] Cherrubim's Voltaxic Chaos Split-Arrow of Farming #NextGenMovement *ez50k* *Brain AFK*

Warning: This charakter will need practice in movement and potting flasks to be successful! The playstyle can vary by each person depending on skills, gear and experience in PoE.

Presenting the
"You can't play chaos damage in Endgame!" - they said.
aka. "Brain AFK" aka. "I don't care on map mods!"
The 90% of time using just one single skill...

____________________Voltaxic Cherrubim's Chaos Split Arrow of Farming__________________

After scrolling through lots of not very viable Voltaxic builds maxing their DPS at 15k, I decided to overcome the viablity of Voltaxic Rift and playing mainly chaos damage.
You should notice that I not tend to farm Atziri or even push this charakter to lvl 100! I was broke with just a few Ex. left and I managed to farm currency with this charakter easily without thinking about reflect, mods, elementals or highly expensive gear.

Core Items

What are we going to build is a -Elemantal Crit. Ranged Shadow- with its focus on lightning damage. After getting amazing flat avg. ~150 dmg from VR and even amazing flat avg. 60 dmg from Wake of Destruction, Voltaxic Rift will convert our full lightning damage into chaos.

Since we gained chaos damage from lightning Cherrubim's will increase it by percentage. Meaning: "The more we have, the higher it will scale!" On top the 100% inc. life leech rate replaces Vaal Pact.

After some discussion about needed life with this build I decided to call the atziri flask even a core item. We gain 2% of our chaos damage life leech! (chaos is ~90% of overall DPS).

While having "just" 3k life, i even can facetank lots of mobs just by hitting evasion and atziri flask. In most cases I don't tank very much mobs, cause they are shocked and killed even before they reach me. Later on you will even notice that the movement setup gives kinda defences too. It's hard to imagine, but I'd call it "manual evasion". You will be able to evade lots of projectiles and melee hits just by whirling away very quickly.

MY Gear

We need: Resistances, Life, Crit Chance, WED, Crit Multiplier, Attack Speed, Accuracy and more flat damage if u can. (in this priority)
Need Int? Pick a +30 Note or try on gear.
Need Strength? Try Strength Belt (would be the better standard for the build, i got mine nearly perfekt roled very cheap)
If you use rustic sash, keep aware of phys reflect or try armour flask.
DPS and Shots
3k life 2,5k Evasion
Single Target 30k unbuffed / 50K buffed + Atziri flask
Multi Target ~22k unbuffed / 40k buffed + Atziri flask
...Shots Coming soon!

Movement

This charakter doesn't walk he only "whirls". We use WhirlingBlade to fly through maps and packs, stop switch,crit,switch and whirl further. It takes practice to handle weaponswitch, but if you're in, it's awesome!

WhirlingBlades(1/q20) for less costs and most speed
+FasterAttacks(20/q20) for more speed
+Blood Magic

In offhand level any gems you like.

Any attack speed from skill tree will even help us to move faster.
Faster movement means less time for travelling in maps, means more kills per hour, means more loot!

Flasks

Perfect Chaos life leech and extra damage.

Bleeding Flask

Movement flask for edgy instances and Haku levels

Evasion for extra defence

Additional life with evasion or instant

Leveling/Tipps

Just level with IceShot/LMP/Add any flat damage.

While looking for perfect Amulet you can use:

You can compensate missing crit multiplier with Facebreaker.

Use while leveling highest crit base dropped bow with some explicit crit chance to get high crit base or use:

Use Ice Golem for extra Crit boost. Drop it later for Endgame Setup.

Bandits
Normal: Oak +40 Life
Cruel: Kraityn +8% Attack Speed (or skillpoint if you want to skill more life in tree)
Merciless: Skill Point (or Alira +Power Charge can safe 2 skillpoint in tree for life points, but keep in mind you will miss some extra duration.)

Skills and Links

Chest Multitarget: SplitArrow
4L: SA/Chain/AddL/BloodMagic
5L: SA/Chain/AddL/BloodMagic/WED
6L: SA/Chain/AddL/BloodMagic/WED/CritMulti

Bow Single Target: Elemental Hit (Buffed in Patch2.0.2)
4L: EH/FasterAtt/BloodMagic/AddCold
5L: EH/FasterAtt/BloodMagic/AddCold/SlowProj
6L: EH/FA/BM/AddC/SP/AddFire

For "Resists Chaos" boss use EH
For "Resists Elemantal" boss try your Splitarrow (works often very great even for single target) or switch Elemental Hit for Frenzy or BurningArrow in case of both. (e.g., for Malachai runs)

Curse for PowerCharge HeraldOfIce/CurseOnHit/AMark + FREE see below!

Extra damage curse for close range HeraldOfThunder/CoH/ProjWeak + FREE see below!

CWDT Setup CWDT/ImCall/IncDur/ ...
+ShockNova (for additional damage on close enemies beeing shocked)
+Fire Golem for DMG/Chaos Golem for Defence
Free Gems
Wrath (we don't need any quality here just lvl21)
BloodRage

total Aura
Running Wrath/HoThunder/HoIce

I tried VaalHaste, but BloodRage is much easier to handle for speed and gives easy Frenzy Charges.

Golems suck, we don't need one. While leveling you can use IceGolem for extra Crit.

UPDATE:
Golems still suck, BUT you can increase (criticized) Defence with Chaos Golem
or ...
increase Damage with Fire Golem ( YAAYYYYY !!! )
just replace Shock Nova with Golem in CWDT Setup.

Movement

This charakter doesn't walk he only "whirls". We use WhirlingBlade to fly through maps and packs, stop switch,crit,switch and whirl further. It takes practice to handle weaponswitch, but if you're in, its awesome!

WhirlingBlades(1/q20) for less costs and most speed
+FasterAttacks(20/q20) for more speed
+Blood Magic

In offhand level any gems you like.

Any attack speed from skill tree will even help us to move faster.
Faster movement means less time for travelling in maps, means more kills per hour, means more loot!

Jewels
Static Electricity: Must Have in socket below Shadow start point!

Useful Jewels: Attack Speed, Projectile Damage, Life (Lightning/Chaos Damage does not really satisfy)

Modifications

Rat's Nest / Maligaro's Virtuosity
I don't tried them, cause i don't wanted more damage, I wanted more speed. Even capping resistances is a point again. I don't think dropping WakeOfDestr. will be a good idea. Instead use rare chest and RN or MV.

Thunderfist Murder Mitts
"Gems in this item are Supported by level 18 Added Lightning Damage" - you CAN use this for our main damage, if we put SplitArrow in it.
NOTICE: You will just have a 5 link. It will be an early cheap easy boost, but it will restrict your damage later (even lvl20/q20 AddedLightning will be stronger!). Try to get an usual 5Link and attack speed rare gloves.
BUT: Legacy with 1-100 dmg are awesome!!! Then you can build a stronger CWDT Shock Nova in chest and use a different body armour. (..but can't even reach max damage!)

Voll's Protector / Daresso's Defiance / Rare Chest
I case you really really really want to use your at least 5L Volls P. or Daressos play around with your Curses and find the most efficient way for you.
Daresso can be an easy alternative even without any change. No promises on Damage here.
Using Voll's try to get some Endurance Charges for extra defence by swap Assasins Mark with Warlords Mark and dont forget to use evasion flask.
In case of using a rare chest, try to get more flat lightning damage on gear.
I don't recommend Tabula. You'll lack defence.

FAQ

"
Why don't you use Lightning Coil / Rat's Nest / Thunderfist / Maligaro's Virtuosity ... ?

There are different answers for differnet items. You CAN modify the build with different items if you have the currency for it, but I don't promise you the same playstyle. Just read >>Modifications for detail. If it is not listed, it too weak, or impossible to cap resistances with it. Wake of Destruction is the strongest item for flat damage for our build. It is too hard to cap resitances and play lots of uniques.

"
Why don't you use Lightning Arrow?

You will loose depth in attacking packs chosing between chain or lmp with LA, or losing damage if using GMP/LMP + chain with LA.
Try it yourself, works ok, but SA/Chain + Projectile Weakness feels better and stronger.

Skill Discussions
The comparison of LA and SA is pretty simple maths.
DMG = LA -GMP -Chain
DMG = SA -Chain (no GMP needed)

Lightning arrow has no multiple projectiles to hit more enemies (width)
>>you have to take the damage reducing GMP&LMP to hit more enemies at a time.

Lightning Arrow hits with just a few strike from !ABOVE you can't compensate the chain effect to kill packs.(depth)
>>you have to take chain to hit more enemies in pack

I would call this ingame "feeling" Depth of Clearing

Frenzy
Frenzy is not a multitarget. You would take frenzy for single target and load charges with it while clearing maps. You will have to hit once ever 10 seconds.
The stronger single target attack is Elemental Hit(since patch 2.0.2)
>> we use Blood Rage to gain Charges for 2 reasons. Frist it gives the passive "25% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Kill" to any attack and second it gives additional Attack Speed while active.

Rain of Arrows
Rain of Arrows has much negatives when you're not skilling for it. You don't hit far enemies which creates a lack in our Depth of Clearing and it hits from above so you don't even have the chance to hit other enemies because of missing ricochets (e.g. thats what tornado shot lived from!)

Tornado Shot
Tornado Shot works in a totally different way. You just have up to 100% Base damge an you have to work with additonal damage scaling through (e.g.) piering + drillneck. It uses ricochets, we use chain, cause chain never miss, ricochets do.

Ice Shot
Ice Shot is awesome for leveling using the ice splash behind. You could drop chain while having enough depth you need to take GMP for more width. You would need ice penetration as well. The awesomeness of Ice Shot is the ice splash behind which would be crap for single target. (an idea would be to set an ice wall in front .. but it would end in an totally different build! To hard for Brain AFKness :D )

etc.etc.etc.
Too slow, too less damage, different build -> not what we are looking for.

Just switch between Split Arrow, Elemental Hit

Updates

+ Changed Movement Offhand to Prismatic Eclipse for more speed!
+ Using Golem in build (optional)
+ Added Skill Discussions
+ Added extra explanations
+ Added extra information
+ Added possible modification
+ Improved text about mechanics
+ fixed some mistakes

Thank you! Enjoy!
Tornado-Shot is dead, seriously!
Last edited by te4zer on Sep 17, 2015, 3:38:36 PM
"
96% increased maximum life

Cool, next build.

You honestly lost me at facebreakers for crit multi already though.
Last edited by MauranKilom on Aug 23, 2015, 9:02:44 PM
Or you could just play Poison Arrow.
"
MauranKilom wrote:
"

Cool, next build.

An average player doesn't need more than 4k life to play for him reachable maps. There are enough points left to get up to "140% increased maximum Life" without travelling through the tree. If you really need them pick 'em first.

http://poeurl.com/zwo805V

Not any player can or even wants to buy 10Ex leveling gear. Everybody is allowed to level a charakter as he whishes to. A newer player can't afford Maligaros Virtuosity or Rat's Nest.
I'm giving just ideas to make leveling easier this way. Did you ever tried that combination?

"
bottlehead93 wrote:
Or you could just play Poison Arrow.

I really don't like mainstream. Sorry.
"
MauranKilom wrote:
"

Cool, next build.

Facebreakers for crit multi is quite common and is perfectly viable if you already have high amounts of crit chance, it will give a great DPS boost (60 crit multi is a shit ton) while being very cheap.

However yes, a build who wants at least a decent survivability should have a minimum of 130% life on the tree, even on softcore, especially in Awakening.
"
MauranKilom wrote:
"

Cool, next build.

Hey little boy, let me tell u a story!

Facebreaker acutally gives more critmulti then Maligaros, at a special amount of crit facebreakers are even better then maligaros. And another big point - they are a real big budget option! So plz think before talk

Dear little Boy, have a nice day!

+ Added extra explanations
+ Added extra information
+ Added possible modification
+ Improved text about mechanics
+ fixed some mistakes

Enjoy!

EDIT: poedb is broken, fixed skill tree links. sry for that.
Last edited by te4zer on Sep 6, 2015, 7:23:09 AM
Could you explain a little bit more about skill choices?

Like Lightning Arrow gives more chaos damage through physical to lightning conversion, has a nice AOE with the lightning strikes around the target but loses damage with greater multiple projectiles + chain.
Split Arrow has better tooltip DPS because it only loses damage from chain but doesn't need greater multiple projectiles (thus having more damage) but it gets less chaos damage than Lightning Arrow has because of no conversion and has worse AOE capabilitys.
Frenzy would lose damage from greater multiple projectiles and chain but gives more damage and attackspeed but less chaos damage than Lightning Arrow.
Rain of Arrows...
Tornado Shot...
Ice Shot...
Etc. etc. etc.

It would be nice to hear more about your thoughts about the different skills.
Could you explain a bit more?

:)
Spoiler

i'm playing a similar build, with more evasion and life them op's and i can say that... evasion sucks shit

first and last time i go with dodge/evasion for defences.

idk, maybe i'm just bad cause i'm used to facetank everything with aegis and armor
"
kuramot0 wrote:
Could you explain a little bit more about skill choices?

Like Lightning Arrow gives more chaos damage through physical to lightning conversion, has a nice AOE with the lightning strikes around the target but loses damage with greater multiple projectiles + chain.
Split Arrow has better tooltip DPS because it only loses damage from chain but doesn't need greater multiple projectiles (thus having more damage) but it gets less chaos damage than Lightning Arrow has because of no conversion and has worse AOE capabilitys.

Hey kuramot0,

the comparison of LA and SA is pretty simple maths.
DMG = LA -GMP -Chain

Lightning arrow has no multiple projectiles to hit more enemies (width)
>>you have to take the damage reducing GMP&LMP to hit more enemies at a time.

Lightning Arrow hits with just a few strike from !ABOVE you can't compensate the chain effect to kill packs.(depth)
>>you have to take chain to hit more enemies in pack

I would call this ingame "feeling" Depth of Clearing

"
kuramot0 wrote:

Frenzy would lose damage from greater multiple projectiles and chain but gives more damage and attackspeed but less chaos damage than Lightning Arrow.
Rain of Arrows...
Tornado Shot...
Ice Shot...
Etc. etc. etc.

It would be nice to hear more about your thoughts about the different skills.
Could you explain a bit more?

Frenzy is not a multitarget. You would take frenzy for single target and load charges with it while clearing maps. You will have to hit once ever 10 seconds.
The stronger single target attack is Elemental Hit(since patch 2.0.2)
>> we use Blood Rage to gain Charges for 2 reasons. Frist it gives the passive "25% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Kill" to any attack and second it gives additional Attack Speed while active.

Rain of Arrows has much negatives when you're not skilling for it. You don't hit far enemies which creates a lack in our Depth of Clearing and it hits from above so you don't even have the chance to hit other enemies because of missing ricochets (e.g. thats what tornado shot lived from!)

Tornado Shot works in a totally different way. You just have up to 100% Base damge an you have to work with additonal damage scaling through (e.g.) piering + drillneck. It uses ricochets, we use chain, cause chain never miss, ricochets do.

Ice Shot is awesome for leveling using the ice splash behind. You could drop chain while having enough depth you need to take GMP for more width. You would nees ice penetration as well. The awesomeness of Ice Shot is the ice splash behind which would be crap for single target. (an idea would be to set an ice wall in front .. but it would end in an totally different build! To hard for Brain AFKness :D )

etc.etc.etc.
Too slow, too less damage, different build -> not what we are looking for.

Just switch between Split Arrow, Elemental Hit

"
mkomt wrote:
Spoiler

i'm playing a similar build, with more evasion and life them op's and i can say that... evasion sucks shit
first and last time i go with dodge/evasion for defences.
idk, maybe i'm just bad cause i'm used to facetank everything with aegis and armor

Hey mkomt,

There are different points on your build missing compared to mine. (changing them could help you!)

You got a giant lack of damage in 2 ways. (your gear tells me you play on crit so...) Your gear needs more Crit Chance (cause our bow lacks in crit base.) and even more Weapon Elemental Damage. e.g. Amulet is crap, compare to mine.

In defence you need a whole system running. You're missing basics like "CWDT + Immortal Call" e.g.

Even the increased life leech rate on Cherrubim's give me a defence stat, like others use Vaal Pact.

Copy my setup or think about yours. You don't even have a real single target attack.

Thanks for you questions guys.
You can even whisper me IGN Tezer
GLHF
Last edited by te4zer on Sep 15, 2015, 10:02:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info