MoreRain: Life&ES CoC Discharge [2.2]

"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
Bearbarion wrote:
Hi Matrix!

Just stumbled on to your build as I am looking to respec my mjolner witch. Looks
solid as hell but I have one question.

Is this really a brick? thought I had hit the jackpot with this but I see you mention
that it messes up EE. I really thought that damage to spells would not interfere with
EE as they hit after cyclone`s physical attack.

Actually I had a discussion in game, and it's not a complete brick but it's not ideal.

To fix this, you need to get cold damage on a ring, and put your gems Cyclone-CoC-Discharge-IceNova.

EE will be fine for targets within your cyclone radius, but it will be messed up in the radius that's covered by ice nova and not cyclone.

Would cold damage to spells hurt if you run a 5 link without Ice Nova? I'm trying to put this together self found so it will be 5-link and no Voll's amy or crafted dagger for a while. My best weapon has cold damage to spells on it:

If I have cold damage on attack I won't get the benefit of the added cold damage to spells, but EE should still buff the Discharge fire/lighting damage, or am I missing something?
"
DDuckman wrote:

If I have cold damage on attack I won't get the benefit of the added cold damage to spells, but EE should still buff the Discharge fire/lighting damage, or am I missing something?

This is correct.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
Nice kill. Why is your ES so low? Are you using rat's nest?

Also I gotta say I hate the name hybrid fakener... when this build is as at least as good as any mjolner build out there.

This is my gear I've thrown together on Standard. As you can see I have no ES on rings/boots/gloves and I'm using saffell's. Only decent piece there is my helmet. Also have no %es on jewels and I'm missing some %es on tree because I'm only level 91 and went for damage over ES. Not to mention I'm using purity of light/fire and not discipline (can't fit it in).

Should be able to get 4k ES while wearing saffell's with multimodded rings, 200 es boots, %ES jewels and some more levels.

It's also common knowledge that fakener is just as good, if not better than mjolner builds. This build especially beats every mjolner build imo. And "Hybrid Fakener" is exactly what the build is :)
Last edited by PoEDan79 on Sep 27, 2015, 2:45:51 PM
"
PoEDan79 wrote:
And "Hybrid Fakener" is exactly what the build is :)

Don't know why you keep insisting on calling my build something it isn't/I don't want it associated with. I didn't use Mjolner because I don't like it. There's nothing in my build related to trying to replicate mjolner on a budget, nothing fake going on. Furthermore, Fakener is the specific CoC cyclone build that Mathil came up with and still updates. My build was inspired by Doe's Cast on Cyclone. Calling all CoC Cyclone builds fakener is just ignorant, and annoying to someone who is aware of the details.

Hi MatrixFactor,

What is a rough cost of this build? How is the cost of this build compare to Doe's build?

Thanks
"
JamesGamer wrote:
Hi MatrixFactor,

What is a rough cost of this build? How is the cost of this build compare to Doe's build?

Thanks

Well this build is more expensive because it uses rares in place of uniques. But Doe's gear is more expensive than mine.

Also... :)

"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
JamesGamer wrote:
Hi MatrixFactor,

Thanks

Well this build is more expensive because it uses rares in place of uniques. But Doe's gear is more expensive than mine.

huh? So which one is more expensive? I don't understand your reply.
"
JamesGamer wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
JamesGamer wrote:
Hi MatrixFactor,

Thanks

huh? So which one is more expensive? I don't understand your reply.

My build is more expensive.

If you want to do a life-based version, check out the tree I posted in OP. It takes the best from Doe's + Mathil's trees and combines them.

Awesome
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Hi,

Is this build OK with Templar? If yes, what does the Templar's passive tree look like?

Thanks,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info