[2.2] Surt's Satanic Seizure ~ Oro's Infinite Flicker! CHIEFTAIN IS AMAZING

Someone PM'ed me for my version. Here we are:
Stuff:
Spoiler
Just maximize hp, capping res, getting fire damage and frenzy charge. The most expensive item was the darkray (2 ex).

Also, i don't use frenzy, but another flicker for fortify. It was just for the lab.

The build (lvl 80):
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAHnBLMFLQ2NEYEUIBRNGJEaOBo-GlUhkCKvI9Mj9icvKS4uUzKJNug4UzrYPfxDMUbXSn1M_02STipQR1O7VP5W-lcNV-JYY1nzWhpbr18_X9BhIWOnY_1noG8ncYVyD3KpdO12rHbnd-V65nrvfLh82YIHgpuE74ZghymHdozPj2CQVZZ0mmqezaIAo4qnMKdtrKqtjbFCtoa8n73mv9XDM8bYz37SIdNv2WHaudrB3Ubg2OFz45_qEOoY7SDuDu8O8B_xrPIv8kH2SPcy-F_5Y_xL_MU=?accountName=Keyen&characterName=Keiyenn

You continue by getting the duelist node (2h and life) with a fireborn gem.
"
Vandenreich wrote:
"
roguemjb wrote:
With the Multistrike support gem that makes your ability attack 3 times each time, you have triple chances to ignite.

^ Fairly certain this isn't true. Last time I checked multistrike would roll crit/status ailments etc once and all 3 hits would or none would. Correct me if i'm wrong here ^

Otherwise I want to thank you for the build. Used this as a base for my Flicker build.

Crit is rolled per attack, on hit effects are rolled per hit.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Hey all, finally answering some questions. I have been busy with my neato gladiator bleeder and haven't gotten to updating either guide lately.

"
pobubas wrote:
with what do u build endurance charges ?

I used Warlord's Mark last league for maps and Flammability for PvP. I am tempted to try either Windscream boots or Deodre's Scorn for dual curse this league though.

"
pobubas wrote:
can u post your a link to your profile that would help alot

Here is a current link. I did try the fireborn jewel and modified the tree, but I like it better the way it was. I think this tree has its benefits however, especially while leveling with other 2 handers, but it takes too many points for not a lot of gain for the fireborn tree. Up to you.

You can also get a look at my current links, but I am not satisfied with them. Honestly, call me crazy, but I miss my 6 link chest instead of Kaom's. Makes links SO MUCH EASIER and resists, and my 5 link oro doesn't allow fire pen and splash at once. Lightning strike should have multistrike on it as well.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/roguemjb/characters

"
iorganic wrote:
I don't see how 15% chance to ignite is huge. There's a gem with double that, and Blood Rage already sustains frenzy with no trouble. If igniting to maintain frenzy is your biggest focus, you might as well go Elementalist. The fire damage nodes is basically getting slightly better rolls on WED gear, and there are tons of places to pick up even more fire damage than that on the normal tree. There are so many other ascendencies that provide better stats and bonuses for Oro's flicker.

Want % Fire damage? 2 points in Elementalist gives you 50% fire damage with fire golem, ignite chance, and enhanced golem bonuses. That's more or less just as much as you're getting from the entire Chieftain tree...Not to mention the possibilities of using conflux to permenant 5 frenzy, Pendulum for insane damage, and probably combinations with Mastermind discord.

If I could stand playing the witch, I would absolutely go Elementalist, you are spot on. The golem gives double damage alone and grants 40% inc fire in addition to its inherent effect. Pendulum looks fun too. If you want to try the witch, go for Pendulum, Shaper, and Liege. Out of those 3 though, Shaper is least interesting, because it won't help single target. Flickering a tough boss to death with no adds around is awesome. As Chieftain, you needn't worry about getting enough ignite and can adjust to your satisfaction easily. Mokou rings are only a jump off point.

I think this answered most questions. I will update the guide soon and will add the Fireborn jewel as another optional tree, as well as the witch tree.

Thanks for checking out the guide and thanks for answering each other's questions during my absence. GL and HF!
Last edited by roguemjb on Mar 22, 2016, 11:09:09 PM
Hey what are your thoughts for champion duelist with perma-fortify and 40% increased damage? I feel like it would be tanky enough for me to run this on HC, while still having a good clear time with flicker. EDIT: I thought I should add that because I will be starting at duelist do you think it would be more efficient for me to use sethbins variation? I like your tree a lot but starting as duelist puts me pretty far away from the witch nodes.
Last edited by a1mandf1re on Mar 23, 2016, 2:42:11 PM
"
a1mandf1re wrote:
Hey what are your thoughts for champion duelist with perma-fortify and 40% increased damage? I feel like it would be tanky enough for me to run this on HC, while still having a good clear time with flicker. EDIT: I thought I should add that because I will be starting at duelist do you think it would be more efficient for me to use sethbins variation? I like your tree a lot but starting as duelist puts me pretty far away from the witch nodes.

Chieftain will be more damage for sure, but is lacking the survivability that Champion has. The 40% increased armour and 10% increased strength chieftain has is significant though, but the perma fortify is tough to beat. You could also just link fortify to the lightning strike or spectral throw and keep it up that way. Whatever feels safest to you, I only play SC.

The fireborn jewel tree will allow for a couple more health nodes at end game.

This tree is my suggestion for a HC duelist, lots of extra health and fire damage without having to head to witch. In fact, I just noticed that the Lava Lash cluster has 8% fire pen, which is a big damage increase. Let me know what you think!

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAAQGRAecEswUtB3US4RQgFE0YkRo4Gj4aVSFVIq8nLykuLdIuUzKJNZI26DhTOtg64TwtPfxAoEMxRtdHfk3jUEdXDVfiWGNZ81oaXhNfOV8_YSFj_WVNZlRoZXGFcg9yqXTtdqx253fleuZ673y4fNmCB4Kbg1-DzITZhO-GYIdqivCMz5BVkGyRzpRvlmybLZ7NogCi6qZXpzCpJ6mUrKqtjbCrsUK3PryfvTa-p8BmwKbDM8SCxPbGrs9-0iHTb9i92WHaudrB3D3hc-oY7SDvDvAf8azyQfJF85v2SPcy_Ev-Cv6P
Okay, after MUCH deliberation, I have concluded that the witch nodes are too far out for not enough benefit, as opposed to the Fireborn/Wrecking Ball/Destroyer combo. The Fireborn gives juuuuuust barely enough damage to exceed those witch nodes, like by 2%... and it makes the tree less stretched out and easier to level with. The Lava Lash nodes grant 8% fire pen, which is HUGE, better than the witch nodes mere 3%. I tried to get both and that would be tough at lvl 100.

The only downside is that using the Fireborn jewel of course, eliminates a jewel slot, which could set you back up to 40% or more damage, which was my initial complaint, but as a whole, you're able to get more fire damage and life, since you don't have to travel as far to get them.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed feedback!

For the Marauder, this is the new build:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAQGRAecEswUtBg4Gwwd1CfYS4ROlFCAUTRiRGjgaPhpVIVUirybzJy8n7SkuLdIuUzKJNZI26DhTOtg64TwtPfxAoEMxRtdHfk3jUEdXDVfiWGNZ81oaXhNfP2EhY_1lTWZUaGVxhXIPcql07Xasdud35Xrmeu98uHzZggeCm4Nfg8yE2YTvhmCHaozPkFWQbJHOlG-WbJ7NogCi6qZXpqOnMKknqZSsqq2NsUK3Prl-vJ-9Nr6nwGbApsMzxPbGBMauxtjPftIh02_UfNi92WHaudrB3D3hc-oY7SDvDvAf8azyQfJF85v2SPcy_Ev-Cv6P

The duelist need only change the start nodes.

The witch however, will need to use the old build and travel as conservatively as possible, the starting nodes kind of suck. Go Elementalist and get Liege of the Primordial, which gives around 60% total increased fire damage by itself, then I think Mastermind of Discord is great if you can get into a rhythm of using lightning strike every 4 seconds. If not, go for Liege, Pendulum, and Shaper instead of Mastermind. Witch will be squishier, but has neato abilities.

Probably best option for Witch:

http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAAQGRAdwEBwSzBS0RLRLhFCAWbxo4Gj4dFB8CIbApLiqNLdIuUy6UMjQyiTT3NZI22DpYOtg64UMxRtdHfkkbTeNQR1XGVw1X4lnzWhpfP2EhY_1ko2VNZlRmnmhlbztxhXIPcql07Xasd-N35XgNeWh65nrvfLh82YKbg9uD94TZhO-HZY6-j0aQVZHOksGUb5Zsl4WboZ8-ogCi6qZXqW6smKyqrY2vt7FCtfK9Nr6nwBrAZsEEwzPPftNv2L3ZYdq52sHfsOFz42rqGOxV7SDvDvAf8WzxrPJF85v3MvfX-tL-Cv6P

Updated front page with new build variations and will overhaul when I get a chance to make it pretty and easier to use. Thanks again, errbody :)
Last edited by roguemjb on Mar 23, 2016, 9:25:45 PM
It's impossible to get 40% increased damage from jewel slot with oros flicker, max is 30 but you can get 7% life and as maybe?

the duelist fire born cluster is good.

But Rogue mjb you are trying to reinvent the wheel... There is a lot of identicals builds on the maraudeur/templar forums, perfectly optimized.
"

is great if you can get into a rhythm of using lightning strike every 4 seconds. If not, go for Liege, Pendulum, and Shaper instead of Mastermind. Witch will be squishier, but has neato abilities.

Dafuck ? why not use a 6L lightning strike/wild strike/static strike instead ?oro's is not limited to flicker strike and to take advantage of penetration it's maybe more interesting to use thoses attacks. Btw, to use a a weak 2/4L skill each 4 seconds is a DPS loss despites the penetration buff. I have tried oro's wild strike and it's clean speed is very great. The chain ability can hit bosses twice if there is adds.

You havent talked about templar but inquisitor gives 10% more damage (nearby ennemies take 10% increased ele damage, it's equivalent to a more) and reduces ele damage taken. Plus the consacrated ground is very great too.

i suggest to drop something and get indomitable node to reduce the crits taken, and yours armor nodes arent very usefull in most cases because of the armor formula

"
To prevent one third of damage, you need armor 5 times the damage (e.g. 500 Armor for 100 damage)
To prevent half of damage, you need armor 10 times the damage (e.g. 1000 Armor for 100 damage)
To prevent two thirds of damage, you need armor 20 times the damage (e.g. 2000 Armor for 100 damage)
To prevent three quarters of damage, you need armor 30 times the damage (e.g. 3000 Armor for 100 damage)
To prevent 90% of damage, you need armor 90 times the damage (e.g. 9000 Armor for 100 damage)

So to reduce heavy phys strike from bosses/ buffed rares (2K+), your armor will have limited effect. OK endurance charges stack with armor reduction but you will not get more than 5% phys reduction from armor when you need it...

because of the change of paths we will drop arsonist and take something instead, thoses nodes arent the most efficients anyway

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAQGRBLMFLQbDB3UOPBLhE6UUIBRNFHEYkRo4GlUhVSKvJvMnLy3SLlMyCTKJNZI26DhTOlI62DrhPfxAoEMxRtdHfk3jUEdVqVfiWGNYr1nzWhpeE18_YSFj_WVNZlRoZWjyagFsRm87cYVyD3Jscql07Xasdud35XgNeWh65nrvfNmCB4KbhNmE74Zgh2qMz5BVkGyRzpRvl7SiAKLqplemo6knqW6plKyqsUK18rl-u-28n702vqfAGsBmwKbBBMMzxgTG2M9-02_Yvdl82rnawdw94XPqGO0g7w7wH_JF8932SPcy-Ov8S_4K_o8=

You may think that for oro's attack speed is useless but ! oro's has no problems to generate charges so AS is efficient.

You do not use warlord's mark? to get life leech / mana leech?
if not you Need the mana leech nodes of the duelist tree or you will NEVER sustain flicker without potions

oh and artic armour is insanely great too with oro's.
otherwise you could use blasphemy + flammability.

Anyway, last thing, more than 45% chance to ignite with oro's is not needed.
Oro's , even with multistrike and melee splash, will never give more than one frenzy charge.
One per attack skill use is the maximum, with 45% ignite chance and multistrike you have 3 times 45% chance to get one charge PER SKILL USE, it's enough but maybe risky when uncharged and rushing in a pack. For this reason 60% is not a bad idea and is a sweet spot but it's only a bonus.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Mar 24, 2016, 5:24:40 AM
Hi! At first, awesome build, enyoing everything about it, atm sitting on 7738 avg. dmg on flicker and 8.33 aps, and 5k hp, thinking to change my chest out for a Kaom's for a huge life boost and some more dps. Here are my current items, true, need to upgrade some of em, like rings and ammy, and even belt to higher ele dmg and have to add ele dmg to gloves.
Spend 2 node points getting the mana leech in the duelist area, remove the blood magic gem, get the fortify gem.
Even in case you can't sustain the flicker, just get the righteous decree in the templar area (2 more points). If for 4 points, you can get perma fortify, I would say it's worth it.
Last edited by Keyen on Mar 24, 2016, 1:57:40 PM
"
Keyen wrote:
Spend 2 node points getting the mana leech in the duelist area, remove the blood magic gem, get the fortify gem.
Even in case you can't sustain the flicker, just get the righteous decree in the templar area (2 more points). If for 4 points, you can get perma fortify, I would say it's worth it.

This. If it's possible to sustain without the blood magic gem it opens up more possibilities for clearspeed or survivability. I think blood magic is not necessary these days, will test in 4-5 hours when I am in the proper level range.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info