Hoping that PoE will be what D3 can't be..

I think most of us got bitter for the absurdly long time that blizzard has taken to release this game since its reveal in 2008, it has been almost 4 years, many companies do whole games from scratch on this period of time, and usually more complex than isometric arpgs.

So long has passed and the market was aware of our thirst for an ARPG, so we have these examples like torchlight, darkspore, that D&D game and PoE.

PoE can be great, but I am sure that D3 will be a groundbreaking success, no matter how you are against some of its mechanics and gameplay changes.

I think we should just focus on PoE for now, and try to ignore the juggernault that is D3, the ARPG-dungeoncrawler-loothunt genre is strangely, a genre that few developers can get it right, PoE can be addicting fun but it can also be monotonously boring if done wrong. But of course I hope its a lot of fun, a love this genre I just dont know why so few developers are into this.

But onto D3, forget it, no matter what blizz does to it, it will be a huge hit. And most of us will buy it on day one to satisfy the bitter taste of this 4 year waiting.
The graphics of this game, for me, are better than D3, I think the graphics of D3 are like that, because thay are going to port the game to consoles
All of the recent Blizzard games have been massively over-hyped. Honestly SC2 isn't even a good RTS, yet people worship it because it's made by Bliz. D3 may be a decent game, but I certainly wouldn't say ground breaking.
"
Kiroptus wrote:
But onto D3, forget it, no matter what blizz does to it, it will be a huge hit. And most of us will buy it on day one to satisfy the bitter taste of this 4 year waiting.

That's the reason I bought Starcraft 2, and the same reason I will get D3.

The best thing for PoE is to ignore D3 altogether and concentrate on becoming a great game all on its own. I remember getting so excited for Warhammer Online, but it failed because the devs lost sight of what made the game great and instead focused on trying to make it more like WoW.

As a side note, does anybody else see "PoE" and immediately think "Power over Ethernet?"
It will be, once the smooth out the edges PoE will be a masterpiece. Diablo 3 will be a great games don't get me wrong but it will aim towards those people who are for example big into WoW and want to play some D3 while waiting for a raid invite etc...

PoE on the other hand will be for people like us who want more, and want a challenge and reason for playing over a longer period of time.
as long as PoE doesnt have a cash shop a real money AH it will be what diablo 3 cant be.
"
Drb00 wrote:
I was exited until they released the news about the RMAH and always online and etc.

It's exactly the oppossite in my case.
"I am The Banisher, the ill will that snuffs the final candle." - Seal of Doom (MTG)
Diablo 3 looks like a casual mess. Blizzard seem to have taken literally every step they can to crush any kind of hardcore demographic. It's pretty disgusting considering how many hundreds of hours I, alone with many other massive Diablo fans, have put into the franchise.

Diablo 3 is a worse Diablo clone than PoE because it has none of the original developers to give it any grounding to what it should be.
D3 is not the game it should be.. And I say that even though it is not out yet..

In a way I hope POE does so well it can slap the bliz devs in the face for there stupid money hungry ways..

If there is a Hell! I'll see you there!
While I am a new member to the forums and have only just heard about PoE I like to think that I can keep an open mind on any game and judge it for myself after playing it. Sometimes it is hard to get a good feeling for how a game is going to play just by watching videos or looking at screenshots. I am very hopeful I become a beta player soon because I would genuinely give this game a fair shot, not just because I am one of the people who disagree with alot of the changes in D3 but because I do believe it has been way too long in developement and with no beta announcements lately, it has been very frustrating. I was a huge fan of D2 and will still follow D3 but I'm not putting all my eggs in a basket anymore.

I will say I agree with prior comments about the dark and macabre feeling this game portrays and think that is a huge advantage in this genre. I also like the "no traditional" roles for the classes and all classes can choose how they play. There are other aspects I think will be great but like I said, until I play its hard to know for sure how it will feel.

Congrats to all that have gotten into the beta so far and good luck to the rest of us!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info