Hoping that PoE will be what D3 can't be..

I prefer the graphics style of PoE. Dark and with a special personalty. D3 with it's comic style is a bit to colorful. But not as colorful as Torchlight for example. We'll see, I think both Games would be a lot of fun to play.
Your signature here...
they put 4 years into PoE and it looks like it could blow d3 outta the water.

auction house was one of the worst ideas i've heard come from blizzard. and we have to pay $60 for d3 compared to nothing for PoE
I have to agree with your posts. Even as a free, indie game I think that PoE has the potential to surpass Diablo 3, and it seems that a LOT of the people upset with the negative changes that D3 is embracing, might walk away from the Diablo franchise and play PoE instead. Wouldn't it be funny if PoE made a huge splash, and D3 only attracted God of War and WoW fans? I guess they wouldn't be hurting that much in that sense because those damn WoW fans make up such a large fan base, but I think it would be really cool if Blizzard saw that some of the changes were bad ideas, and scrapped them from the game in hopes of attracting more of their old Diablo fanbase..nadidamean!?
Play til there aint no mo blues
I was incredibly excited about Diablo 3 until I saw the screenshots making it look like Warcraft 3 with HD re-texturing

I was exited until they released the news about the RMAH and always online and etc.

I personally couldn't give a flying duck about Diablo 3 now.
"
I agree with you, I find PoE's art style to be much more macabre. It really emanates that gloomy, mysterious aura that I absolutely love. I'm also a lot more impressed by Grinding Gear Games for giving us something unique (it's a "Diablo clone" sure, but from what I understand a lot of gameplay mechanics are different) and for not shoving blatant money making schemes down our throats. I think D3 will still be a pretty good game though, might pick it up after a while.

to me "diablo clone" seems a little offensive i kind of get tired of seeing that. it's an action rpg and diablo was definitely not the first. don't get me wrong i love the diablo series but path of exile is most definitely too unique to call it a diablo clone. the devs definitely deserve a lot of support for this game it's really a different approach they are taking.
i <3 minesweeper
"
Drb00 wrote:
I was incredibly excited about Diablo 3 until I saw the screenshots making it look like Warcraft 3 with HD re-texturing

I was exited until they released the news about the RMAH and always online and etc.

I personally couldn't give a flying duck about Diablo 3 now.

Congrats on being the next into beta you lucky fucker....
Analyze, Adapt, and Ask the devs to change it.
They've removed all character customization from D3. Easy respecs, no skill OR stat selection? It's a gothic WoW that's not even that gothic. Unless the beta blows me away I think PoE will be vastly superior.
"
Congrats on being the next into beta you lucky fucker....

Lol I saw that too. On topic though I definitely prefer the art style of PoE, although I am pretty sure I will play D3 as well.
Last edited by MrMan on Aug 11, 2011, 6:27:03 PM
I will play both PoE and D3.

I like everything D3 has to offer, aswell as with PoE.

:)
Im at the same philosophy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info