Hoping that PoE will be what D3 can't be..

Want to keep the post short, but just wondering if anyone else feels like I do. I can't deny that I'm incredibly excited for D3, but some of the ideas, and even the graphical design and layout/game screenshots are kinda turning me off. I fully understand that D3 is intended to be an entirely new game, and not a "d2 expansion" (as people on .incgamers forums like to say), but I can't help but think that if they would just keep more of the d2 fundamentals it would be a much more pleasurable experience..for me at least. For example..Auction house..? Sounds awful. I don't think I ever had any issues with the old trading in D2. I'd like some feedback; what do you guys think? For the record, I don't really post over at diablo.incgamers forums, just read a LOT.
Play til there aint no mo blues
I agree with you, I find PoE's art style to be much more macabre. It really emanates that gloomy, mysterious aura that I absolutely love. I'm also a lot more impressed by Grinding Gear Games for giving us something unique (it's a "Diablo clone" sure, but from what I understand a lot of gameplay mechanics are different) and for not shoving blatant money making schemes down our throats. I think D3 will still be a pretty good game though, might pick it up after a while.
I am honestly not that excited for Diablo 3 anymore. Looking back at 3 year old videos and comparing them to present ones they seem to have changed it a lot. The new gameplay looks more like Torchlight with the slightly cartoony lighting. That might be just me though but I guess we cant blame blizzard for the changes. Maybe they know better but that's not what most fans want.
Find me on:
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Jonzi
Twitter: https://twitter.com/_jonzi
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/jonzi_
I don't know I'm only hype for this game because of the potential hardcore+cuttroat league. I enjoy the challenge part in games and the more hard the better.

Also reading the notes at the dev diary as a CS student I found the entries very interesting and that there's a smart team behind the game. Anyone remotely interested in making a game someday should check them out.

As for Diablo I really miss the first installment ambient. Thinking about it now, a big part of it is the music. It should not really be underestimated by the developers... here's hoping GGG doesn't dissapoint in that department. Albeit it's hard if not impossible surpass what's the epicness of the diablo 1 soundtrack. I'm not saying D2 is awful or anything, but still lost a lot from that ambient in D1. From the released material one can say D3 can only be worse...
My first experience with an action RPG was the first installment of Diablo. When I replay it that town music sends a chill down my spine.
Quick question: will drops be individual or free-for-all in multiplayer? (basically, can someone steal the unique you want that a monster drops?)
Last edited by chuk15 on Aug 11, 2011, 1:26:32 AM
Free-for-all to an extent from what I have read. The game is still in development even with the (closed) beta.

See: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/392/highlight/how+is+loot+distributed
Thanks for the reply, I have another quick question couldn't find answer using search:

Person A with 100% magic find, person B with 20% magic find. Person B kills monster does monster drop item as though it had 120% magic find or does it drop using 20%.

So best way to farm gear is a tank and a person who stacks insane mf with heavy damage skills.
Seriously! D3 looks too cartoonish like WOW. This takes us back to the D1 and D2 age where the scenery is dark and the characters look real! Cant wait to play this game!!!
Legendary!
ahh, well. For those kind of calculations I am not sure, and am pretty sure they have not released that sort of information to us peons :). My best guess is that, as a single player in a game if you have +100%MF you should receive that bonus. If you have 2 players in that game fighting the same monster one with +100%MF and one with 20%MF+ then the player that delivers the final blow will determine what sort of MF items you will receive (based on past games only). The way most ARPGS work is a chance of more items with more people (not necessarily with POE). Not better chances of drops with combined skill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info