[2.1] Voltaxic LA by ad1ce (Talisman Rank 3)

"
ad1ce wrote:
WED on gear is very important, also crit multi on quiver/amu, also quality gems...

Indeed, player forget that your build takes little "%increased damage" nodes from tree (both because those arennt effective and because you need life nodes first). But WED from gear comes to help there.

Unlike most bow builds, crit multiplier on amulet isnt mandatory and can be replaced with other mods (for the same or even higher DPS).

Here is my talisman as an example:

good DPS boost and costed me just 2 chaos.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jan 14, 2016, 4:36:48 PM
"
ad1ce wrote:

p.s. maybe herald of ice will be better cause shatter effect and offscreen power charges. need tests... but i already sold my gear and made respec to another build :(

Nah, Herald alone provides too low damage for that. Well, it may be enough for Dried Lake, but not for T7+ maps...

And if you stacked cold damage, use Windripper instead....
Voltaxic is all about Lightning->Chaos damage only.

"
ad1ce wrote:

oh is it non crit build? rly? damned... i think i've played crit build :o
50% crit chance is nothing for u I see... another thing that I couldn't find good diamond rings with crazy resistances at the THC and can't use rat's nest cause resistances was a little over cap.

HoT gives more damage but maybe HoI will give u more comfort for the game. This build have enough damage I think...

Actually, bow crit nodes are so powerful that there's absolutely no advantage to NOT going crit for a vuild like yours. It ends up loosing half of your DPS, shocks, knockbacks, etc with a tiny HP advantage.

Rat's nest sucks cause it has no HP/resists, and Diamond Rings cost way too much for what they do.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jan 14, 2016, 4:44:40 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
ad1ce wrote:
WED on gear is very important, also crit multi on quiver/amu, also quality gems...

Indeed, player forget that your build takes little "%increased damage" nodes from tree (both because those arennt effective and because you need life nodes first). But WED from gear comes to help there.

Unlike most bow builds, crit multiplier on amulet isnt mandatory and can be replaced with other mods (for the same or even higher DPS).

Here is my talisman as an example:

good DPS boost and costed me just 2 chaos.

not so good amu... when u have all crit nodes from tree amu with
- 30+% WED
- 30+% multi
- 30+% chance
and maybe some flat would be much better.

I used cheap amu (5c) with crafted life and wed/mult/chance 30+% :)
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Nah, Herald alone provides too low damage for that. Well, it may be enough for Dried Lake, but not for T7+ maps...

And if you stacked cold damage, use Windripper instead....
Voltaxic is all about Lightning->Chaos damage only.

as i remember sometimes i shattered mobs at the Shipyard in the 2.0 when i used 2 heralds in this build. So herald of ice should help against the porcupines cause i didn't remember problems with it on 2.0 (also i had 1.5k eva chest)

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Actually, bow crit nodes are so powerful that there's absolutely no advantage to NOT going crit for a vuild like yours. It ends up loosing half of your DPS, shocks, knockbacks, etc with a tiny HP advantage.

Rat's nest sucks cause it has no HP/resists, and Diamond Rings cost way too much for what they do.

i described perfect gear for this build. But yes, in real situation diamond rings with insane resistances + rats nest combo is too expensive
Last edited by ad1ce on Jan 15, 2016, 6:32:35 AM
"
ad1ce wrote:

not so good amu... when u have all crit nodes from tree amu with
- 30+% WED
- 30+% multi
- 30+% chance
and maybe some flat would be much better.

I used cheap amu (5c) with crafted life and wed/mult/chance 30+% :)

No way i can get an amulet will all that and decent life roll (70+) for so cheap, at least, in my talisman league.
And i like that chaos damage boosts posion damage too...
However, since i got Kaom already, i may think about getting amu with low/crafted life but good DPS stats...

"
ad1ce wrote:

as i remember sometimes i shattered mobs at the Shipyard in the 2.0 when i used 2 heralds in this build. So herald of ice should help against the porcupines cause i didn't remember problems with it on 2.0 (also i had 1.5k eva chest)

Well, maybe some sorts of white trash with no HP and no cold resist (and map without cold res, HP, etc).
That kind of freeze is just too unreliable. You should deal far more damage to rely on that mechanics.
Porcupines are quite a problem, indeed, but why dont just swap one of your gems with Added Cold Damage when you need shattering? At least, Added Cold Damage provides a noticeable cold damage...

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jan 15, 2016, 11:33:15 AM
this might be a stupid question but: why did you choose a ruby flask over all the other possible options for the anti freeze base?
I tried reading from page 33 to find an answer to this question, but no luck!

Why no Vaal pact?
what about replacing kaom with daressor's defiance ?

we lost about 450life, but the extra sockets can allow a blastrain setup

and in terms of eHP, we get 6% dodge from it, some armor/eva, and the endurance charges which allow us to use a cast when damage taken setup

i think the survivability could be even higher
"
Archetype90 wrote:
I tried reading from page 33 to find an answer to this question, but no luck!

Why no Vaal pact?

Because it's not necessary and would make Blood Rage even harder to use.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
reskone wrote:
what about replacing kaom with daressor's defiance ?

we lost about 450life, but the extra sockets can allow a blastrain setup

and in terms of eHP, we get 6% dodge from it, some armor/eva, and the endurance charges which allow us to use a cast when damage taken setup

i think the survivability could be even higher

u will lose 450*230% = 1485 life +/- , if u want - do it! :)
Last edited by ad1ce on Jan 16, 2016, 5:37:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info