[2.1] Voltaxic LA by ad1ce (Talisman Rank 3)

"
Farin wrote:
Will you update the guide when subclasses will be presented? A lot of people will be lost (me included) when they will change the tree+ it can happen that build will no longer be viable after the changes to mobs...so would love to know before we spend points in new version:)

no, i think it would be another guide with another thread. Cause its really different. Different defence, different links, different playstyle, uniques... only howl and voltaxic stay same :D So i think it will be another build.

p.s. idk what to do with subclasses. Planned some critical elemental build with start from templar and choose his ignore elemental resistances when crit :D
Hey, I've been theorycrafting a Voltaxic build for the HC talisman league (yes, I know the new patch will probably change things but I wanted to make a framework on which to accommodate the tree rework), and I was wondering if you could give some input on what I have? Mostly as to whether you think its viable in a HC setting, I did drop AA as well as a little life. (I have a final total of 208%)

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABAF4DHgOWBS0FtQYjCC4NjRa_GFYZjh9BIXYi6iP2JP0mlSoLLlMwfDH6NZI2PTfUOdQ64TsoQzFHfkp9SshLV0z_TZJN404qUUdVS1WFVvpaGlpSW69fsGBDYeJirGVNbIxtbG49bqpvnnBSdO11y3b3dwd673vDfXV_K4MJhMWE2YbOhxOHdow2jX2Nfo2_lKCbXZu1nKSdqqCfpcumV6iatUi18re2vTa-gL6nwOPBM8MzwzrKStNv037UI9hN2L3aYtrB45_nVOd06NbqYu0_7YPuDu968bPyRfKX8-r8xf4K_o_-uv_e

I took the life regen nodes at the scion start so I'd have enough regen to not tick down from blood rage at all, I also planned to get an intuitive leap and socket it by Heartseeker which would let me pick up Acuity, Survivalist, and Fervor for three points. This tree has a little more damage then the ranger start except for the fact that it drops a lot of dex where you would usually put a static electricity jewel, so I was kinda curious how much damage static electricity adds in comparison to a decent regular jewel?

Last edited by simpleMystery on Dec 2, 2015, 8:58:48 PM
"
simpleMystery wrote:
I also planned to get an intuitive leap and socket it by Heartseeker which would let me pick up Acuity, Survivalist, and Fervor for three points.

I've seen this done before, but I don't know if it's worth it. The extra cold resist is nice, but you miss out on the increased evasion per frenzy charge node (ok, the Survivalist bonus makes up for it) and spend 6 points total. Instead, you could spend 4 points, ignore Acuity and Survivalist, and get a bigger damage bonus (Static Strike or a nice jewel), then spend the extra two points on life nodes or even more damage.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Yeah I think I'll drop it and actually pick up charisma so I can aurify am enfeeble curse and then maybe end up running arrow dancing depending on how large the aoe is, since enfeeble aura would cancel out the downside of it. Thoughts? It'd almost be best to have a small aoe on it so I could still run a coh setup with ass mark for power charges though.
Last edited by simpleMystery on Dec 3, 2015, 2:41:50 PM
DO you think that going more dps approach (Rats nest+ legacy maligaros) with going for nodes with more ctir chance etc and drop some hp is a good idea ?
Im thinking about droping IC and CWDT for Vaal Grace and haste too
Im talking about standard on lvl 91-93.
Would love to hear what you think about this.
"
Farin wrote:
DO you think that going more dps approach (Rats nest+ legacy maligaros) with going for nodes with more ctir chance etc and drop some hp is a good idea ?
Im thinking about droping IC and CWDT for Vaal Grace and haste too
Im talking about standard on lvl 91-93.
Would love to hear what you think about this.

I am playing only on 4-month leagues, idk what is POE on standart ;D
would love this to be updated for 2.1 please <3
Here is the 2.1 tree copied almost 1:1.

Spoiler
http://exiletools.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIBAF4B3AMeBS0ILg2ND6sRLxQgFr8ZihmOGo8byB9BIXYj9iSLJP0mlSoLKwowfDH6NZI2PTfUOdQ64T7PQzFEDUd-Sn1M_02STeNOKlBHUUdVS1WFWhpbr13yXz9h4mVNbIxtbG87cFJ07XXLdvd343gNeWh9dX8rhMWE2YbOh3aJ04w2jX2Nfo2_lwabjZu1naqgn6OKpcumV6lur-u1SLXyvTa95r6nwBrBBMEzwzPDOsRYxKLI8M2Yz93TftQj2L3aweOf51Tn6upi7T_tg-4O7w7vevGK8kX2SPba-TP7CfzF_gr-j_66_94=

There are a few questionable points due to the changes, such as sniper/nullification and the attack speed ranger start which had its 2nd point buffed, so going through the dex nodes might not be as good. I haven't done any math so its up to you to see what's best now, most of the other points are the same.

As for the new chaos dmg nodes unfortunately I didn't find any of them worth it apart from method to the madness, but I'm not sure about it mathematically either.
Last edited by Aggnog on Dec 9, 2015, 9:31:24 AM
I've changed a lot in this build for my new character in 2.1, so I think it will be not so cheap but much better. Need tests... so I will update thread may be near the end of December.

p.s. at least Kaom Heart will be added.
I think you should at least show your progress before that, by the end of december everyone will have their build already made.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info