Map drops - assessment of 2.0.0, and changes coming in 2.0.2

"
We do also see more hoarding of maps in this level range, where players often choose to not run these maps (we assume until they improve their character).

Me for example, I don't run maps lvl 78+ because they are expensive and the chance of getting value of those maps is so low, that even with 130% or 150% IIQ I am feared to run them. I rather run 72-75 maps, because they are cheap, and there is a higher chance of me sustaining running them, but the "most difficult" part of maps.. I just don't want to run them. Try to look at it this way. You build up your base without buying a single map. I have almost 2 stash tabs full of 70+ maps, lower I don't even pick up. Then you build to 73-75. Great. You sustain quite well with rollin 80-100% IIQ on each map, which isn't difficult to do. Then you get few 76+ map drops, which drop realy rarely and then, you try them. Even with 100%+ IIQ you lose them and get almost nothing in exchange, just few alt orbs and stuff..

Don't take it as a hate or anything, I am personally scared to run those maps because of expecting the disappointment rather than dying or w/e.
i feel maps are at their best spot in poe history. for the first time I got to the last tier of map without buying maps. GJ ggg
Rampage Rank 7 lv 100 BONJWA_TOP_DAWG
Talisman SC Rank 7 Lv 100 LaBonjwa_Neymar
Tempest players totally not hoarding maps so they can open 20 instances in the lab when the exiles or corrupted tempest hits.

Absolutely not.
Casually casual.

"
Yay to map drops!

Now...can you run your magic calculator and tell us what % of players in maps 75 or greater are running lightning coil?

Phys damage tuning is still bullshit by the way. 68 desert map boss is more OP then most 74 map bosses.

qq more. its super useful.

I do not run coil on any of my 4 toons, all of which can quite easily run lvl 80/81 maps.
"
cant play the bloody game.

Off Topic
Spoiler
That reminds me of https://youtu.be/GsqUZkmO-zk
"
desert map boss is more OP then most 74 map bosses.

It's like all bosses VS the build you are running. Some are hard for melee build when they are easy for necromancers for example etc ...

I even expect more boss like this one but in all maps stopping the actual fast endgame we have i would rather an hard endgame.

If you expect the game to let you keep the same gears / jewellery / flask always to deal with game content and running without any reflexion you are wrong and the game would become really poor if it was the case.
Hf :)
"
ElChivoDiablo wrote:
"
cant play the bloody game.

Off Topic
Spoiler
That reminds me of https://youtu.be/GsqUZkmO-zk

lolol

"
No mention of the actual map problem, +2 only drops from the boss at an extremely low rate. Not only does this create less maps of a higher tier it also excludes ppl who like to keep their xp by not fighting overtuned bosses.

mmm, over tuned bosses, ive been avoiding malformation for this reason, people in my guild were getting hit for like 5.5k hp and I was like ok, were putting that map aside for now. Ill venture in at some point, god help me.

Honestly I like that the climb is slower, I think we should be slower to work our way up to the top tiers. I like that its more important to kill the boss. I like that we have to roll harder maps, all these things I actually really like in theory. I like the map system itself in theory its amazing, I love it, best endgame system in an arpg I have ever played.

But it has to work, it has to result in players able to log in any time they want and play content that is appropriate for their character. I hope they find a way to make the map system work, I really do, I want it to work, Im cheering it on, but it hasnt properly worked in the 2.5 years Ive been playing the game and I dont feel like the devs really understand that. I may be wrong but I feel like they think its working fine but people just want too much and theyre trying to find this balance between the way they want it to work and appeasing us to the point where we arnt coming to the forums and raging like crazy people. I dont honestly believe that they really get that theres a problem when massive portions of players feel like they are unable to play content worth playing.

doesnt matter if I love the system, doesnt matter if chris and qarl love the system, doesnt matter if etup loves the system, if I log in and cant play proper content then its fucked. If many, many players are losing their minds and quitting the game thats not good, that hurts us all, it hurts me, it hurts etup, it hurts GGG because we ALL need LOTS of players playing this game and keeping the wheels of the economy and guilds and social scenes turning, keeping the supporter packs selling, keeping these guys in a job so we can all enjoy this amazing game.

and it IS an amazing game, its the greatest arpg ever made, and it is that despite the mapping and crafting etc which in 8k hours played i dont really feel have ever been truly functional outside of maybe a short period in ambush league.

Right now the system is broken for the elite of the elite because they can level too fast, etup hit 100 wayyy too fast. Its also broken for the majority of lower players who cant even find maps regularly that let them progress and suit their character level. Right now its the worst of both worlds, its managing to be too quick and too slow at exactly the same time for exactly the wrong sort of people, its a complete and utter disaster in this regard.
"
Qarl wrote:
We do also see more hoarding of maps in this level range, where players often choose to not run these maps (we assume until they improve their character).

Hmmm, GGG still doesn't get it why players hoard things (orbs, now maps) in this highly random, completely unpredictable, volatile lottery system that is PoE?

My char is as improved as it will get, it's just that I barely have any appropriate maps for him. When I was still grinding 74/75 for the hunderth time, I could easily take on 78/79, if I had any :)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Aug 12, 2015, 5:37:57 PM
Sorry for my english but New map drops is shit, and I just don't know how much you drink to take its changes
Last edited by UlverUA on Aug 12, 2015, 6:18:51 PM
What about a "Boss drops x additional maps" system? Harder bosses have guaranteed map drops based on how difficult the boss is (in addition to the ability to drop +2 level maps) and more difficult map mods add to this. No guarantee of getting maps that are higher level, but I'd be more willing to run some of the suicidal maps knowing that I'm going to get 4 or 5 maps from killing the boss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info