[2.0] KuteKitteh's Insanely Tanky Incinerate V2 - AA/MoM/LC/Armor, safe & easy mapping!

My witch is slowly becoming the strongest character I've ever had (still 6 levels to beat the two present best). Level 82, she did 74 maps and some 75 + one 76 without too much trouble (though I have died from time to time as you said I would, but I feel so much more "unsquishy" compared to most of my other builds). Without good jewels too !

I was thinking : a corrupted Lioneye's remorse with % of Damage taken Gained as Mana when Hit would be awesome. Though I can't seem to find one.

I tried Oba's cursed trove but I was far too slow to finish it (quite disappointed in this wasted map). I guess very tanky doesn't come with fast clear (though the DPS seem quite good to me : 7.7 k, multiplied by four when charged).

Thanks KuteKitteh for this build.

c_dificil, though I have not tried it, I guess the mitigation you're getting from Atziri's splendour will be really lower than what you'll get from Lightning Coil, especially a legacy one. I can't see the bigger armour and energy shield compensating the loss of "30% of physical damage disappearing" (it is not that bigger). And the life you gain on kill means you have to survive first the encounter, with less mitigation. All in all, I'd say it is not ideal for this build. Mais peut-être aimes-tu la difficulté, vu ton pseudo ? (if you're not French, that sentence will be harder to get..).

On Elreon's rings... I don't have one equipped and I have no problem with mana (though my incinerate is only 5-linked) and I took MoM, as it is a staple of this build. I'd say it is mandatory to get the tanky part of KuteKitteh's build. Otherwise, you'd be playing any incinerate witch (which is cool too)...
Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Aug 30, 2015, 7:52:43 AM
'c_dificil' est un bactéries résistantes aux antibiotiques qui tue des choses (y compris les personnes).

Yes, I agree, using Atzeri's Splendor misses some of the advantage of this build. In my case (6 Link) the damage (16K base) kills pretty quick. I got a 5 link Coil to test (~10k DPS base) it and it does not seem as tanky; not sure why, maybe the life and mana leech from the Atzeri's. My life is only ~4k and mana is only 1.1k. I cannot seem to get more in any way yet. Maybe that's why the Coil is not as tanky as the Atzeri's.

In any event, this basic build is killer. I am running 75-76 maps with little problem, except a boss here and there (nightmare Manifest, for example).
"
animalhouse wrote:
"
c_dificil wrote:
My previous reply did not post correctly - let me try again.

Great Build. It has changed my poe experience considerably.

A question: I am running Atzeri Splendor 6L and was wondering if the PD to LD conversion from Lightning Coil was necessary for the build? I get a lot of life and mana leech from the Atzeri but it does nothing for PD.

Also can you tell me what Eleron's Ring is?

Thanks again, especially for all the extra discussion and comments.

I cant answer to the Atzeri Splendor, but the Eleron ring will come from the master Elreon. As you level him, check for his -mana jewelry. Try to get one with -7 to mana cost, and aug it, then regal, then master craft for usefull mods. It may take a few tries to get a useful one with good aug and regal mods.

Thanks for the description on the Ereron Jewelery...
I don't want to sound stupid, and I couldn't see if the question was asked before, but how do you generate Endurance Charges for your Immortal Call?
"
Gallaxe wrote:
I don't want to sound stupid, and I couldn't see if the question was asked before, but how do you generate Endurance Charges for your Immortal Call?
Don't ever worry about sounding stupid, things that are plain to you will be unknown to others, and vice versa.

Answer to your question is he has Warlord's Mark linked on low lvl CWDT which curses enemies automatically, generating Endurance charges on kill
"
j0zef wrote:
"
Gallaxe wrote:
Don't ever worry about sounding stupid, things that are plain to you will be unknown to others, and vice versa.

Answer to your question is he has Warlord's Mark linked on low lvl CWDT which curses enemies automatically, generating Endurance charges on kill

That's what I checked first, but it seems he runs Enfeeble, and not Warlord's Mark. Opening post says it's a personal choice, but no Warlord's Mark appears on any links provided in the gear section (it's an Enfeeble instead), and the Immortal Call is there despite that.

Which is why I'm confused :S
Giving feedback : level 84 and I wrecked a 74 version (Zana) of the village ruin bosses. One by one cause my suicidal tendancies are low right now but still... This freaking bird paid for all my other characters he killed ! 75 maps are a breeze and I died once on a 76 gorge because of my stupidity. Monsters really have trouble killing me. So in love with this build (and the legacy coil that allowed it...).

Good question on immortal call : I was sure there was a base duration without endurance charges but it seems not actually.
"
Gallaxe wrote:
"
j0zef wrote:
"
Gallaxe wrote:

That's what I checked first, but it seems he runs Enfeeble, and not Warlord's Mark. Opening post says it's a personal choice, but no Warlord's Mark appears on any links provided in the gear section (it's an Enfeeble instead), and the Immortal Call is there despite that.

Which is why I'm confused :S

I can see why he uses Enfeeble in later maps, but for now, I have the Warlords Mark on CoD, and I usually have one or 2 charges up, 3 on big packs. When it drops off, I don't even notice, which shows how tanky this build is with the legacy coil. I've done up to lvl 70 maps so far with very very little loss of life, with lvl 17 and 18 gems and a .2% fire leech (which I dont notice either). I do have a devouring totem I'm leveling up to help with life/mana in 75 maps. Too bad it doesnt work with cast on damage anymore.
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
Good question on immortal call : I was sure there was a base duration without endurance charges but it seems not actually.

This is exactly it.

I still was pondering about this when I could log in the game and decided to try Immortal Call despite me not knowning how it would work.

It has a 0.4 second base duration, which is almost nothing, but the difference between having Immortal Call and not having it is HUGE. I went for the proposed links and I feel so much tankier. It just feels awesome. Thanks for the help everyone!
Last edited by Gallaxe on Sep 4, 2015, 12:10:30 PM
Oh, ok. I had been assuming this 0.4 base duration was without any endurance charge and then the question made me read it the other way (i.e. 0.40 base PER endurance charge).

I saw IC activating from time to time but could not say if it went up for 0 seconds or more.

85 reached this evening ! Second highest level character ever and still steamrolling everything. Ok, almost steamrolling everything. But still, I'm not dying often (got one shot by an orchard boss that is supposed to be the toughest 75 boss, but could not get back to him due to disconnect, so can't tell if he was doable or not - all the other 75 bosses I've met are easy peasy). Thanks KuteKitteh, once more and again and again (this legacy Lightning coil was the best trade I ever made in this game).

I'm still curious about the possibility to get a corrupted lioneye's remorse with % of phys damage taken gained as mana though. Anyone tried that ? Couldn't a 6% roll replace the necessary but kind of crappy helmet (though it's 10% and gives a lot of mana too...) ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info