[2.0] KuteKitteh's Insanely Tanky Incinerate V2 - AA/MoM/LC/Armor, safe & easy mapping!

Hi kutekitteh,

your new tanky build looks very interesting.
I think I'll give it a try.

Nice vids btw.
"
DiamondSnake wrote:
Hi KuteKitteh !

First, very good guides and work thanks for that :)

I switched now from your old tanky build to the new one, had to refund a couple of passives but..

Mindspiral with MoM works awesome, my build is now lot tougher.

But I have a suggestion: Maybe you can make a quick switch guide for all ppl from your old guide
to this one ? That would be awesome. Or to say if its even possible ?

I bother a bit with my DPS (6,2k) and I dont know..most of your DPS depends on your gear ?
I run with inc+spell echo+ LMP + faster proj + item rarity (currently no acess to BBGGR)

So the main goal of your new build is better defense with Mindspiral and MoM, or I missed something?

(Stats:4k life, 3,2k armor from old build)
Can you link your tree and your gear (and jewels)? And are you using Flame Golem + Frenzy charges via Blood Rage? That combo pushes me from 13k to 16k.

And yes, I will include a section on how to switch from the old build to the new one. And realistically, DPS should be the same or greater.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Aug 10, 2015, 5:34:18 PM
As I have the needed gear and a 63 witch with full respec waiting, I'm definitely gonna try this one (damn, to reach level 70 fast !).

What about a non legacy LC ? How would you say it would work ? "Works less" is the obvious answer but I was thinking endgame possible without legacy ? I have both, but I had to sell a kidney for the legacy one and the maffia hitman wants the money he loaned me back too... So I'm wondering if I should not sell it back.
Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Aug 10, 2015, 5:39:26 PM
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
As I have the needed gear and a 63 witch with full respec waiting, I'm definitely gonna try this one (damn, to reach level 70 fast !).

What about a non legacy LC ? How would you say it would work ? "Works less" is the obvious answer but I was thinking endgame possible without legacy ? I have both, but I had to sell a kidney for the legacy one and the maffia hitman wants the money he loaned me back too... So I'm wondering if I should not sell it back.
Edit: In the 2nd post, I put in the math for Legacy Coil vs LC. It's about 11-12% more eHP for using a legacy, which is a significant chunk.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Aug 10, 2015, 7:47:24 PM
What do you think about added chaos as 6th link with incinerate?
"
Hätzold wrote:
What do you think about added chaos as 6th link with incinerate?
IMO the optimal setup for 6L, regardless of gem Q, is:
SE + LMP + FPen + FC + FP

Believe me, that 110% projectile speed is fun, and FC + SE gets you from 0 to 3 instantly. I can see the merits of AChD, especially with Atziri's Promise and reflect, but in the 2.0 meta, adding flat damage to incinerate is much weaker than it was in the 1.3 meta (about 58% less effective than before!)
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Aug 10, 2015, 7:49:51 PM
I had missed the comparison between the two coils. Just to see, I tried to play with the legacy coil and the mindspiral but with a level 1 incinerate. I played on a 63 level map with my 63 witch. It was a bit long of course but I could facetank a looong time the boss of a corrupted zone (a unique carrion queen that I remembered being quite nasty with her fire spells).

Seems much more tanky than normal and I have not finished my character yet (no CWDT set yet). Impressive ! (I love tanky so much as I'm such a bad player).

+ could you be more precise on the three different CWDT setups ? Meaning how low is a low level setup, and how high... you get the idea...
Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Aug 11, 2015, 1:57:08 AM
Dude. Congrats on that build. I respecced my witch and did a quick 73 map. Never dropped below 4k life (of 5,3k), never had to even think about using my life flask. This is a serious tank and on first impression feels super confident. Tooltip is 13k which feels enough however I can't wait to craft me some jewels to boost that a little bit. My gear I threw together for now, can however imagine sinking some isk into the build to maximise. Really liking it.

Spoiler

Got some questions though: I have one -8 elreon ring but what about Incinerate on lvl 20 with the increase to 9 mana cost. Do you advise against it or is it easly mitigated by some jewelry or the tree? Or will I definitely need another elreon mod? And I want to know too what cwdt lvl you're advising. I'd guess a 16+ with molten shell and on the low ones I'm not sure. Used to have it around 8-9 or do you suggest keeping it lower?
"
KuteKitteh wrote:
"
DiamondSnake wrote:

(Stats:4k life, 3,2k armor from old build)
Can you link your tree and your gear (and jewels)? And are you using Flame Golem + Frenzy charges via Blood Rage? That combo pushes me from 13k to 16k.

And yes, I will include a section on how to switch from the old build to the new one. And realistically, DPS should be the same or greater.

I dont use Blood Rage..but I will buy it right now.

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree:

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAuMDdQQHBLMGDgelCfYLYQ3NEFgUIBZvFy8ZLho-Gmwczh8CJKok2CftKS4rUCycMjQ2xTbpOlg8LUWdSbJTUlXGVdZXDVh3XsBfBF8qXz9k52jydFV2EXy4ffWApIIHghCCm4Nfg8yD24UyhW2HZYhakSuaO5rgna6gQqIApwitja9sr5uvp6-3tz7AZsT2xq7PftIh1HzVgdWm2CTYvdlh2t3fsOFz42rkIuvk6-7tPO8O8B_xrPIv8kH60v4K_lQ=

Gem:

Haste of Assasin
Last edited by DiamondSnake on Aug 11, 2015, 6:57:06 AM
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
Spoiler
I had missed the comparison between the two coils. Just to see, I tried to play with the legacy coil and the mindspiral but with a level 1 incinerate. I played on a 63 level map with my 63 witch. It was a bit long of course but I could facetank a looong time the boss of a corrupted zone (a unique carrion queen that I remembered being quite nasty with her fire spells).

Seems much more tanky than normal and I have not finished my character yet (no CWDT set yet). Impressive ! (I love tanky so much as I'm such a bad player).

+ could you be more precise on the three different CWDT setups ? Meaning how low is a low level setup, and how high... you get the idea...
Low: level 1 (Nothing more!)
High: as high as you can get (mine is lvl20)

"
Hätzold wrote:
Spoiler
Dude. Congrats on that build. I respecced my witch and did a quick 73 map. Never dropped below 4k life (of 5,3k), never had to even think about using my life flask. This is a serious tank and on first impression feels super confident. Tooltip is 13k which feels enough however I can't wait to craft me some jewels to boost that a little bit. My gear I threw together for now, can however imagine sinking some isk into the build to maximise. Really liking it.

Spoiler

Got some questions though: I have one -8 elreon ring but what about Incinerate on lvl 20 with the increase to 9 mana cost. Do you advise against it or is it easly mitigated by some jewelry or the tree? Or will I definitely need another elreon mod? And I want to know too what cwdt lvl you're advising. I'd guess a 16+ with molten shell and on the low ones I'm not sure. Used to have it around 8-9 or do you suggest keeping it lower?
Bumping up the cost of Incinerate won't kill ya. In all seriousness, the build works completely fine without Elreon rings (although the facetank sustain is marginally more reliant on mana flasking) so running a lvl20 incinerate is completely fine.

CWDT levels are as listed in the above response.

Last edited by KuteKitteh on Aug 11, 2015, 8:26:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info