[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

hey ! i didn't wanted a WI build but rng god gave me one so i just rerolled the build and its pretty fun , the leveling atm is super smooth high dmg good aoe.

This is gear i will have to start maps not that great but all my ex went in those ring + chest.

Biggest problem is with only 1 ex left idk if its better to buy the +1 helm but i won't have the currency for enlighten or to get some jewels since i have no jewels atm too lazy to craft.

Anyway its actually a pretty good build i hope i will crush maps :)
"
alexlenne wrote:
hey ! i didn't wanted a WI build but rng god gave me one so i just rerolled the build and its pretty fun , the leveling atm is super smooth high dmg good aoe.

This is gear i will have to start maps not that great but all my ex went in those ring + chest.

Biggest problem is with only 1 ex left idk if its better to buy the +1 helm but i won't have the currency for enlighten or to get some jewels since i have no jewels atm too lazy to craft.

Anyway its actually a pretty good build i hope i will crush maps :)

Get a rare helmet and forget enlighten for now. Worse case scenario, skip out on herald of ice for now - the damage increase is fairly minor.

Jewels are a big source of power for this build - you should be able to snag some 3 property ones that fit the build quite cheaply.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
Hi!

I really like ur build and i like idea of AoF with whispering because chilled ground and synergy with uniques. But i have question for you. I have corrupted Asenath's with ele weakness, i know it synergize with perandus rings, but i will lose really big chunk of ES. And i play hc, there is huge ( HUGE !!!! ) price jump over 600 to 900 es chest. How do you think defences in general for hc without that kind of gear? Using astramentis, asenaths, 2x perandus rings, windscream and whispering ice? it is hard to cap res and get enough ES pool to really relay in HC imo. Dont know. i checked one guy that posted about his HC build and he had ok amount of ES. I am talking about ~350es helm, ~620es chest and bunch of uniques.
"
Zizzuz wrote:
Hi!

I really like ur build and i like idea of AoF with whispering because chilled ground and synergy with uniques. But i have question for you. I have corrupted Asenath's with ele weakness, i know it synergize with perandus rings, but i will lose really big chunk of ES. And i play hc, there is huge ( HUGE !!!! ) price jump over 600 to 900 es chest. How do you think defences in general for hc without that kind of gear? Using astramentis, asenaths, 2x perandus rings, windscream and whispering ice? it is hard to cap res and get enough ES pool to really relay in HC imo. Dont know. i checked one guy that posted about his HC build and he had ok amount of ES. I am talking about ~350es helm, ~620es chest and bunch of uniques.

Using both Asenath's AND Windscream is going to be way too much lost ES to be viable in Hardcore.

What you CAN do is move a few passives around and pick up Whispers of Doom for the +1 curse - its better than giving up your boot slot!
Something I learned recently is that radius jewels, such as Brute Force Solution, overlap effect when the radius overlaps. This makes placing one into the socket below the Scion starting area worth considering as it gives 49 more base int.
Brute force solution in the bottom scion jewel slot was an excellent suggestion! Compared to a 42% increased damage jewel my damage stayed nearly identical but I have gained 350 ES. Thanks for that tip!
I'm curious if instead of unwavering you could take practical application (50% chance to avoid stun while casting) and + Nimbleness (15% chance to avoid stun while casting). Then with ES's 50% chance to avoid stun you'd be at 82.5% chance to avoid stuns while casting (50% + 50% * 65%).

Would be interesting if you could test it.

Also wouldnt the increased skill effect duration nodes help with single target dps significantly?
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
I'm curious if instead of unwavering you could take practical application (50% chance to avoid stun while casting) and + Nimbleness (15% chance to avoid stun while casting). Then with ES's 50% chance to avoid stun you'd be at 82.5% chance to avoid stuns while casting (50% + 50% * 65%).

Would be interesting if you could test it.

Also wouldnt the increased skill effect duration nodes help with single target dps significantly?

Stun avoidance is a decent approach to this build that would free up many nodes for other stuff. However, I would not condone it for any hardcore build or any build that seeks to kill Uber Atziri or do 81/82 maps. While you can avoid stuns during cast animations, stuns inflicted on you while you are trying to move - especially while trying to move out of a DoT effect like A'alai's spike rain or ball lightning from piety. Getting stunned - however briefly - in these situations is fatal.

It might well be something worth considering, but unwavering stance is definitely the more secure choice.
Hi i have my curse on codt setup like this but it doesn't seem to be cursing. What am i doing wrong?

"
ligger66 wrote:
Hi i have my curse on codt setup like this but it doesn't seem to be cursing. What am i doing wrong?

That armor... It's not working because the CWDT is procing the curse directly. The point of L1 CWDT-COH is to use L20 curses where normally you would use L5 curses.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info