Linked Steam Account Characters Deleted

"
StormyHealer wrote:
and it seems like I made the same stupid mistake... :(
linked my POE forum account to my Steam account and all characters gone.
Can you please restore them?

I also send a mail to support.

I've now processed this for you.

"
BeowulfCh wrote:
Hello i also was to dumb to read the text the right way :) Would be pretty nice if you also could help me :(

Can you please email support@grindinggear.com from the email address associated with your account and we can look into this for you?
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
"
It seems I did the same thing- thought it said it would delete characters from blank PoE account, not from current steam account. What do I need to do to get these characters back? Thank you very much!

Hiya,

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened!

Please contact 'support@grindinggear.com' with your account and character names and we'd be happy to look into this for you.
"
MacMagnus wrote:
Hello,

Same stupid mistake for me... My bad.

Sorry for misunderstanding the alert message.

Could you please fix it for me ? I sent a mail to 'support@grindinggear.com' about that earlier.

Please tell me if you need some more information.

Thx a lot.

Hiya,

If you've sent an email to us already we'll get to as soon as we can, I am very sorry if there is a bit of delay in this as we are currently very busy!
"
Just made the same mistake, I guess I had an account here already from years ago. Can someone help please?

Hi there, we would be happy to help you with this, could you please email support@grindinggear.com and we can look into this further for you.
Hey all!

I have gone ahead and restored your accounts to how it was previously. You should be able to log back into your main account now. :)

Hi Exiles,

For all Steam linking or unlinking queries could you please contact 'support@grindinggear.com' with your account name and a few character names so we're able to look into this for you, thanks :)
Hi Exiles!

For all account related issues please contact 'support@grindinggear.com' with your account name and a few character names, thanks :)
"
ohh i thought i was the only moron that did this. Im so confused as to what happened. I think i made an account here and was playing POE through steam. Then i tried to link the two, it gave me the warning but i thought it would "delete" the characters i had on this forum account which was none. Instead when i signed into POE everything is gone. Please help

Hey XoStormblessedoX,

I've gone ahead and restored the accounts for you. :) You should be able to log into your main account by using the 'Sign in through STEAM' button on the login page: http://pathofexile.com/login

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info