Reduced Mana Cost

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Orbitalx wrote:
We don't have that many slots for skills and it is such a waste that we are required to use this gem along with every aura.

That is the entire point though. If you want to optimise your Auras, you gotta give something up; a socket slot to be precise. Its existence also plays nice with +Gem Levels and Corruption; a level 22 RM further reduces Reserves.

On top of that, there's more than just Auras.

"
If you want to optimise your Auras, you gotta give something up;

I don't really understand the reasoning behind this. Why force every player in the game to use a reduced mana gem for their aura?

If there are other uses fine. Leave it in the game for those but disable their use for auras and just make auras work by themselves. I know you guys like everything to stay the same but gems that every single player uses becuase they have to are not designed well.

Also, a good fix would be to make auras start out at say 50% and scale down as they level up to say 40% or w/e is balanced. This way, if you get a level 22 wrath it would lower the reserve even more in addition to increasing the damage. That would work very well I would think.

60% reserve aura plus level 1 reduced mana= 54%
60% reserve aura plus level 20 reduced mana= 42.6%

You could just make the aura gems start out at 54% at level 1 and go to 42.6% at level 20.

My whole reasoning for this is not to make auras better. It is to save a gem slot. I am a summoner and I would love to use some more of the skills for us but there is not enough room.
Last edited by Orbitalx on Apr 22, 2014, 11:37:23 AM
"
Orbitalx wrote:
My whole reasoning for this is not to make auras better. It is to save a gem slot. I am a summoner and I would love to use some more of the skills for us but there is not enough room.

Reducing the socket cost of Auras makes them better. You don't *have to* use Reduced Mana. You could play with fewer Auras. However, to maximise the potential of Auras, you use a Reduced Mana Support. You give up a socket to make your Auras more potent.
Has there been any more consideration to making the quality on this gem count towards auras? Because currently the quality % on this support is pointless as i doubt anybody uses this gem for anything other than auras... atm i am only running Haste and Herald of Ash with blood magic keystone and that drops 25% of my life... the additional from the quality would obvously be a small help in this situation...

I don't think it would be a major balance issue... especially with snapshotting well and truly destroyed... how about a hand for people who never used it?
IGN: Amel, Ameladol, Spock, ILoveUniqueThings, AmelPVP
"
Ameladol wrote:
Has there been any more consideration to making the quality on this gem count towards auras? Because currently the quality % on this support is pointless as i doubt anybody uses this gem for anything other than auras... atm i am only running Haste and Herald of Ash with blood magic keystone and that drops 25% of my life... the additional from the quality would obvously be a small help in this situation...

I don't think it would be a major balance issue... especially with snapshotting well and truly destroyed... how about a hand for people who never used it?

The gem is called "reduced mana", not "reduced mana reservation". In my opinion, it should receive an additional "reduced mana cost of skills" (0.5% per level or quality, for example), so it will be useful to reduce SKILL mana cost, and not just mana reservation.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Also, another additive 10% Reduction is huge. There's a reason Reserve Reduction nodes have only become fewer and smaller, with entire clusters now granting a total of 4%.
if i got 38% reduce mana reserved with equipment and skill tree // and a lvl 20 reduce mana = What woulb be my % of aura 60%, 40%, 25% wanna know how much aura i can use lol.... help me
First step is calculating the Base Reservation. This includes your Skill and all linked Supports.
We have one Support: a level 20 RM has a x0.71 Mana Multiplier.

60 * 0.71 = 42.6, rounds to 42%
40 * 0.71 = 28.4, rounds to 28%
25 * 0.71 = 17.75, rounds to 17%

Next step involves Increased/Reduced/Less Reserved. Another simple one, 38% Reduced.
42 * 0.38 = 15.96, rounds to 15
42 - 15 = 27% Reserved per 60% Aura

28 * 0.38 = 10.64, rounds to 10
28 - 10 = 18% Reserved per 40% Aura

17 * 0.38 = 6.46, rounds to 6
17 - 6 = 11% Reserved per Herald

Alternatively, plug your stuff into Mikelat's awesome calculator!
If beta changes go through, RIP reduced mana. I understand why folks don't like its mandatory nature for auras, but if it only affects active skills it will be an extremely niche gem indeed.

And now enlighten becomes mandatory instead, except much more expensive and time consuming to level. Yay.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Also, another additive 10% Reduction is huge. There's a reason Reserve Reduction nodes have only become fewer and smaller, with entire clusters now granting a total of 4%.

But passives dont take 1 support gem slot for what they do. And we both know, that each gem slot is essntially a damage multiplier, usually.
ATM, it isnt worth using to reduce skill costs, and its quality bonus is almost useless. I just want to add more diversity to this gem.
"
demon9675 wrote:
If beta changes go through, RIP reduced mana. I understand why folks don't like its mandatory nature for auras, but if it only affects active skills it will be an extremely niche gem indeed.

And now enlighten becomes mandatory instead, except much more expensive and time consuming to level. Yay.

Actually, i dont like Reduced Mana gem's current state. For reservation skills, it's absolutely mandatory. For active skills, it's close to useless (even with quality). You can just reduce reservation costs for all skills, and make Reduced Mana dont work for reservation skills - without serious impact on the game. You can then "buff" reduced mana, to make it more viable for active skills. And free gem slots (which were occupied by brainless mandatory gem) could be used for real skill diversity.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on May 17, 2015, 5:13:02 AM
DONT CHANGE IT, its needed for anyone who wants to run more than one aura... I don't care if they have harder to do alternatives. changing this gem would suckkkk

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info