Life Gain on Hit

Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
I have no idea if it's intentional or not, but this doesn't work on magic spells.

(this made my ice-nova caster a cry a little inside)

I'm going to guess it's intentional, because it would be really overpowered with the current numbers.
ign:mptyspace
is this intended that if i use this gem to support aura that adds +dmg, i think it was wrath, then it seems that my every single attack gives me hp
"
mptyspace wrote:
I have no idea if it's intentional or not, but this doesn't work on magic spells.

(this made my ice-nova caster a cry a little inside)

I'm going to guess it's intentional, because it would be really overpowered with the current numbers.

By reading the description it sounds like it should work on spells to cause spells HITS equally much as weapons. But basically it should be of the same problem as cleave and other AoE has.. Maybe make it loose 50% of the effect if the HIT is an AoE ability.

/Thrilled
IGN: Azatooth or Xploding
"
uba wrote:
is this intended that if i use this gem to support aura that adds +dmg, i think it was wrath, then it seems that my every single attack gives me hp

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Wightnish wrote:
Wightnish wrote:
Also, in the "Life on Hit" support gem thread, someone mentioned supporting the aura with that gem would cause every hit to steal life. Can anyone confirm that? If yes, is that intended?
That does not happen. Life on hit only gains you life if the supported skill deals damage. Auras never deal damage.

I will test this as soon as I get my hands on a Life on Hit gem, but according to Mark that is incorrect. If it is, it's obviously not intended.
Last edited by Wightnish on Apr 4, 2012, 11:33:03 AM
"
thrilled wrote:
it sounds like it should work on spells to cause spells HITS equally much as weapons. But basically it should be of the same problem as cleave and other AoE has.. Maybe make it loose 50% of the effect if the HIT is an AoE ability.
This gem cannot support spells. If you link it to a spell gem, the spell will not be supported, and will not show an icon for it.
The post above answered my question. Nevermind.
Last edited by rioghan on Apr 6, 2012, 10:23:38 PM
i have a level 36 mostly str based duelist who specializes in two handed weapons (not sure if im going axes or hammers)

this skill is AMAZING when linked with sweep. i only have one right now on my axe.

+15ish life gain on hit+sweep+%damage

ive mowed through basically the whole game up to level 35 without much difficulty with just sweep+life on hit
Unavailable

lvl 3 gem and it's 1% still?? Then what?? Someone please explain me:.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Does this gem work on melee attacks made by minions?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info