[2.0] Lvl 93 Tempest [HC] Templar - Shock Nova/Call of the Brotherhood

Enoran
"
Hey! Currently playing this build and really enjoying it, currently lvl 78. I was wondering what you think I should focus on upgrading, I would appreciate any help. This is my current gear:

Glad to hear you're enjoying it :)

I took a look at your gear and honestly it's pretty solid. The only piece that stood out to me that you might want to consider upgrading is the belt. Just the base could be better.

Since your gear is quite good your next upgrades are probably rather expensive. Doryani's Catalyst would probably be the next best thing you could move towards.

Southbound gloves might also work for you because you have such high amounts of hp on your gear. The 16% hp multiplier could be really good for you. Southbound doesn't have dex though and your current gloves do so I don't know if that is an option for you without changing other pieces around.

Also your shield/helm aren't qualitied. Do that!

Ripped at 85 (new HC record), liked it so much I bought another ring, and started again. Ripped to stupidity this time at 71, but can't bring myself to do it for a third time, unless of course the damn thing drops for me. Still best fun I've had in this game.

Second time round I used Vaal Spark over Vaal Storm call, and once one has the stupidly high soul count up, it melted. I was corrupting unique jewels in the hope of getting Chill of Corruption which would have no doubt addressed that.

Thanks again for making the build guide.
Still playing with this build, its my favorite by far since closed beta.

How's my gear/gem setup/passives doing?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUABLMI9AmqDc0RDxZvGGoaOBpsG_EczhzcHxgkqicvK1A26TpYOtg64TsNPAU8LT1fQYdFnUbXTLNR-1JTU1JVqVXGWAdZ82ZUaPJqAWpDbRlxhXIPcql4L3zlfq9-x4Kbg1-DzIPbhXuIWouMjRmPGo9GkFWXlZe0l_SaO5rgm6Gdrp_fogCmV6cIrJisqq-nsUK3PrzqwFTAZsCaxPbGrsy3zRbQH9V11abYvdlf2fzaud2M4BLjauQi5Yvr7uw47TzvfO_r8B_yRffX-d356P4K_lQ=?accountName=Lantoka&characterName=Lantoka

My major weaknesses seem to be corrupting blood, burst/1 shots and overall bullshit :)

I need to go less offensive on my ammy/right ring and get more cast speed/life/resists on right ring/ammy/boots/gloves and eventually a Carcass Jack somehow.

Thanks
Cranibal:
"
Ripped at 85 (new HC record), liked it so much I bought another ring, and started again. Ripped to stupidity this time at 71, but can't bring myself to do it for a third time, unless of course the damn thing drops for me. Still best fun I've had in this game.

Second time round I used Vaal Spark over Vaal Storm call, and once one has the stupidly high soul count up, it melted. I was corrupting unique jewels in the hope of getting Chill of Corruption which would have no doubt addressed that.

Thanks again for making the build guide.

Thank you so very much for the kind words!

How did you die at 85 may I ask?
Lantoka:
"
Still playing with this build, its my favorite by far since closed beta.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

I took a look at your gear again and these are my current thoughts:

First, that diamond ring is amazing. It's a bit rough that it can't get any resist rolls. If you can bring your other gear up a bit it's probably worth keeping; it's really really really good.

Next, I think your weakest piece of gear is your amulet. The hp/mana regen are good rolls, but that's about it. I think you can do a lot better.

Also, I still think your boots are a bit on the weak side. The mana and rare find are both too low and are wasted rolls.

Also you mentioned you are having trouble with corrupting blood. May I ask why you have a remove ignite flask? I haven't played Warbands; are there enemies in Warbands that ignite a lot? In my own experience ignite is rarely a factor that comes into play; whereas bleed effects are profoundly more common. Consider switching the remove ignite to remove bleed.

Lastly, If you can't find sellers online don't be afraid to look for people offline and message them on the forums/add them to friend list. That's how you get the best gear for your needs honestly. Only messaging people who are online limits your choices considerably.

OP or others. For fashion reasons I have to use a staff for this build (Name Magnetic Rose, Blood Thorn skin transfer). Any unique staff recommended?

Also since I can 4-5-6L what other gems will you recommend to link with Shock Nova?
I hope it wont be that bad but I decided already for the switch. Please tell me it will work :)

I think Ill add Faster casting and Reduced mana and try to use another aura.
Or Increased AOE.

PS: The original build plays better solo and its awesome.

Regards
lvl 73 tempest
Last edited by wasabisamurai on Sep 1, 2015, 2:00:22 AM
Wasabi:
"
OP or others. For fashion reasons I have to use a staff for this build (Name Magnetic Rose, Blood Thorn skin transfer). Any unique staff recommended?

Hey there Wasabi.

To be honest, I've spent a lot of time playing PoE, but I've never played a caster with a staff. I wish I could answer your question but I literally don't have any knowledge about this subject. I'd rather give you zero information than bad information.
Hey any reason you've decided to hide your characters in your profile? Would like to check your old character out there if possible.
Enoran:
"
Hey any reason you've decided to hide your characters in your profile? Would like to check your old character out there if possible.

I made it public. Should work now.
Just have a few questions. I've got a carcass jack that I'm trying to 5L, but wouldn't it be more beneficial for Innervate to be linked with the Shock Nova?

Is Innervate's Onslaught bonus global, or local to Herald of Thunder?
I couldn't find any information about this. Thanks in advance :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info