Faster Attacks

Post your 0.9.3 feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Nov 22, 2019, 5:01:46 AM
does this work with summoned minions?
"
Darkfyre wrote:
does this work with summoned minions?
Yes, provided those minions have an attack.
The caster skeletons, for example, only use spells, so spectres/converted of them won't get much use from it..
So melee minion "attacks" aren't melee-range spells anymore? I remember another thread discussing this... Or am I remembering this incorrectly?
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
0.9.5 feedback below this post

This support gem should have an inherent decrease mana cost bonus. Mana cost does not seem to scale at all with attack speed, and it is thus better to go for slow, but good damage rather than fast, but low damage.

It seems entirely unreasonable that I have my cleave costing 160 mana per second (40 per swing at 4/sec) while something as strong and magical as a firestorm can get away with much, much less.
Garrison - Closed beta Elemental Cleave DW Duelist
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
So melee minion "attacks" aren't melee-range spells anymore? I remember another thread discussing this... Or am I remembering this incorrectly?
Lots of people seem to think this, but I'm not sure why, as it's never been the case (at least not for as long as I've been at the company, which is significantly before beta).
This is probably my fault. I said this once or twice in-game because I remember a thread where I was told by a dev (I honestly don't remember who) that Faster Attacks wasn't working for minions, and that Faster Cast was, because minions used melee-range spells as attacks (or something to that effect) back in 0.9.2.

I've since tried looking for the thread and haven't been able to find it. I don't think I completely imagined it, but it's very possible that I misinterpreted something that was said. I've been doing that a lot lately, unfortunately... Sorry everyone.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
No need to apologise, there's a lot of information to learn about the game and it's easy to get confused - and you guys can't just go look things up in the code when you're unsure :P
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info