Chance to Ignite

Could someone please confirm whether the chance for burning is calculated independently for each enemy hit with an aoe skill or once for all enemies hit on a single cast?

From my testing it seems once for all. I think this support would be more fun if it was calculated independently because you'd get more reliable results.

Edit:
Thanks Mark, I'm glad to hear it's checked independently.
Last edited by BlastMonkey on Mar 24, 2012, 5:53:14 PM
Chance to ignite is checked separately for each hit.
However, a critical hit will (in most cases) apply to all enemies at once, and will always cause burning if fire damage is dealt.
Yeah it definitely seems to be on an individual basis. If you want it to virtually always burn groups, I would think you can use elemental proliferation with it (although that's a whole support gem that could have been spent on something else).

Mark could correct me if I'm wrong.

What I was wondering about (that would also be hard to test though) is if 3 monsters were shocked in a [tight] group of 3+, would that triple-stack shocked on everyone if elemental proliferation was used? (since the shocked would be spread to nearby monsters 3 separate times?)
Kinda the wrong topic, but related to what I said about burning.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Mar 24, 2012, 9:17:00 PM
"
Xapti wrote:
What I was wondering about (that would also be hard to test though) is if 3 monsters were shocked in a [tight] group of 3+, would that triple-stack shocked on everyone if elemental proliferation was used? (since the shocked would be spread to nearby monsters 3 separate times?)
Kinda the wrong topic, but related to what I said about burning.
Yes. I'm actually worried that extra shocks from auras might be able to go above the shock stack limit, but haven't had time to test that case yet.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
I'm actually worried that extra shocks from auras might be able to go above the shock stack limit...

Considering it would only happen occasionally in unusual circumstances and taking proliferation comes at the cost of something else more reliable I think that having a small chance of this happening just adds to the fun of using proliferation.

I'm now using detonate dead, area of effect, ignite and proliferation. The combination has proved to be loads of fun thanks to the burn chance being calculated individually. I hope that never changes.

I guess that burning is different though since it doesn't really stack its effect the same way and only uses the highest burn rate currently on a mob (or so I understand).
Last edited by BlastMonkey on Mar 26, 2012, 7:59:19 AM
You're using chance to ignite as a support for raising a minion and when they detonate dead the explosion gives a chance of burning? But attacks don't?
If they deal fire damage with their attacks (or spells on spectres) then it will have a chance to ignite. Their explosion on death isn't damage due to engine limitations and can't apply burning.

Detonate Dead is damage then I think if he can get burning despite also being a percent of the body's max health.
Last edited by Umbraal on Apr 2, 2012, 7:08:01 PM
Any idea how much Ignite burns for? is it a percentage of the hits damage?
by default it deals 4/3 of your damage over 4 seconds.
"
Umbraal wrote:
by default it deals 4/3 of your damage over 4 seconds.
Note: it only counts FIRE damage for this purpose, not all damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info