Chance to Ignite

One in the fire cluster above Resolute Technique.
"
Lo4f wrote:
One in the fire cluster above Resolute Technique.

Ah, that's why I couldn't find it. I was searching for "burning" and "ignite", and not "burn". Thanks. That's the only one I'm seeing though. I think the rest all got changed over to burning damage with the last skill tree update.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
If linked to a minion gem does this support apply to explosions from minion instability?
There some reason why this wouldn't change the DPS on Fireball?
"
sanddemon wrote:
There some reason why this wouldn't change the DPS on Fireball?
Because DPS calculates the damage done by the skill hit, not including triggered effects that might do more damage afterwards.
This support is made mostly irrelevant for Diamond Flask + AoE abusers, with Discharge being the most obvious example.

Aside from that (large) case, I'd say it's the most useful spell damage support gem in the game. A 50% chance at a huge final damage modifier is no joke, and the mana cost increase is very small.
"
BlastMonkey wrote:
If linked to a minion gem does this support apply to explosions from minion instability?

Could someone please take a moment to answer this simple question? Same with my post under increased area of effect which has remained ignored for just as long.

I feel like my question is being dismissed on the grounds that "minions are separate entities from players therefore it should be obvious to everyone exactly what applies to them and what doesn't".

It seems reasonable to me that supports like this should complement any explosion caused by a minion they're linked to. It also seems to me like this would add more fun options to minion builds, so if the answer is no then my response is "please make it so".

Edit:
Thank you Mark, much appreciated.
Last edited by BlastMonkey on Mar 17, 2012, 12:01:34 AM
"
BlastMonkey wrote:
No, but it will eventually.
The explosion from minion instability cannot currently be correctly implemented as damage and thus doesn't trigger any effects of dealing damage. Instead the correct amount of damage is calculated, resistance is factored in, and the resulting amount is subtracted directly from life.

As such, until the game engine can be refactored to support actual damage dealing this way, it can't trigger ignite, stun, critical hit, or anything else that triggers on dealing damage other than actually reducing life.
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
I think part of the reason why many people wouldn't use this support because of the fact that it's only a burn chance, hence very random and unreliable.
I think it would maybe be better if it was a guaranteed burning, reduced burn duration by half maybe? and/or reduce skill damage by like 10-30%

Another important reason would be the buggy mechanics of burning:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/22499/page/1

Lastly, perhaps the main reason why people don't use it, is that it has very little effective applications right now, since dealing small amounts of fire damage quickly (firestorm, fireball) are not useful for burning.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Mar 22, 2012, 9:16:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info