Chance to Ignite

Post your 0.9.3 feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Sep 23, 2017, 4:55:15 PM
This support really shines when used with Avatar of fire templar in this kind of setup.
Unavailable

The damage is huge even without ignite but with ignite it's just Crazy. And I haven't even touched burning passives yet.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Is there intentions to add a mirrors of this? Seems ice/lightning users are getting nothing in this field.
Well the quality on Added Lightning/Cold gems adds shock/freeze chance, which is better than what you get from Added Fire, so it evens out in the end.
0.9.5 feedback below this post

All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
From my testing, the "Buff Duration: 15% increased Duration of buffs and debuffs you create" passives don't work on ignite damage. Is this intended behavior?
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
From my testing, the "Buff Duration: 15% increased Duration of buffs and debuffs you create" passives don't work on ignite damage. Is this intended behavior?
Currently yes. The elemental status effects - side effects of damage - are considered to be a separate kind of thing, despite technically being a form of debuffs.
The buff/debuff duration is intended more for buffs/debuffs you create directly with skills, such as curses and things like phase run.
I'm not personally entirely happy with how those systems stand at the moment because it's confusing, and I have made some notes for things to look into changing, but for now that's how it is.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Currently yes. The elemental status effects - side effects of damage - are considered to be a separate kind of thing, despite technically being a form of debuffs.
The buff/debuff duration is intended more for buffs/debuffs you create directly with skills, such as curses and things like phase run.
I'm not personally entirely happy with how those systems stand at the moment because it's confusing, and I have made some notes for things to look into changing, but for now that's how it is.

Ah, I see. So I guess that's why they don't affect charges either, because there is no way to directly give yourself charges, only conditional skills that can grant charges, or create buffs that can grant them. So if you aren't in direct control of the buff/debuff you are applying, buff/debuff duration probably won't affect it. Thanks for confirming the bit about the burning.

Currently, it looks like the only way to extend the duration of ignite is temporal chains? And it seems to be a 50% multiplicative increase of the total ignite damage?
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
Last edited by UristMcDwarfy on Feb 16, 2012, 10:53:05 PM
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
Currently, it looks like the only way to extend the duration of ignite is temporal chains? And it seems to be a 50% multiplicative increase of the total ignite damage?
There are two int passive skills which increase burn duration. I have no idea where they are on the tree.
It might be possible that those ones aren't in the tree at the moment, but they're in the passive data files. I don't know if they can currently be there without being placed in the tree without creating errors.

So there's a stat for it, and there are passives which use that stat but said passives my not be a part of the current tree. I have no way to tell without looking through the whole tree really hard, and I don't have time for that right now, sorry.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info