2.0.1b Patch Notes

When they say 12 Divination Cards, do you think they mean 12 New Sets? or 12 Single Cards?(example: 3 different sets of 4 each to complete it)?
Last edited by Mentoya on Aug 3, 2015, 8:45:28 PM
First two maps I enchant and I get the insulation mod on one and deadliness on the other. 6
How does an optional randomly generated map mod that can be rerolled "kill build diversity"? Isn't the whole point of the map system that you need to make choices? "Do I want to reroll this map with currency I might not even get back, or do I run the map" Analyzing your build vs a map and making these kinds of return-on-investment decisions is what the map system is all about. If your build can ignore 100% of all map mods, then this indicates a flaw that needs to be addressed.

It's GOOD that your build won't be able to run all map mods. This puts them on the same level as other builds which DO have to avoid certain map mods. It actually promotes build diversity by putting all builds on a more level playing field in the end-game. Heaven forbid the end-game content force you to make difficult choices with map mods and currency...
Hm, well I guess new mods did need to be added and should be welcomed however almost all of those mods seem like "NOPE" mods for tons of builds. Immunity to status effects? No life/mana leech seems understandable since you have no regen/slow regen maps too.

With mods like these you guys really need to up the quant/rarity as from some reddit post the increase they give is not so much more than other mods, therisk/reward isn't there and thus these will be very unappealing mods to see on a rare map after wasting an alch on it.

As for the div cards, awesome! Love all the art, and more unique cards are always cool. Doubt its gonna be fun farming for them though...
-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
As if physical damage wasn't already completely overtuned and untested, they go and make it 300% worse! Build diversity is at an all-time low because there's only so much you can do to survive crazy damage spikes. I guess they want literally every character to be a summoner or Poison/Explosive Arrow...

GGG, whatever y'all are smoking over there, I'll take some, please.
https://redd.it/p0hyul
Congealment and insulation need to be removed.
They arent making the map harder, they are just making it so that some builds cant do those maps at all, while others are absolutely unaffected.

Whoever is designing these mods, fire him.
Last edited by gh0un on Aug 3, 2015, 9:39:28 PM
new map mods suck, immunities have no place in this game
S L O W E R
Wow, here we go with immunities, nice to see one of the few mistakes in D2 brought back to life after so many years; cheap way to create unfair content masked as challenge instead of properly balancing game around characters' power.
"You can reroll those mods" some say, sure, have fun rerolling maps in party where every roll forces one member to sit in an angle doing nothing because his build won't work at all.

Also nice joke putting spectres skin one week after nerfing the best spectre in the game, 10/10
"
cakeprophet wrote:
How does an optional randomly generated map mod that can be rerolled "kill build diversity"? Isn't the whole point of the map system that you need to make choices? "Do I want to reroll this map with currency I might not even get back, or do I run the map" Analyzing your build vs a map and making these kinds of return-on-investment decisions is what the map system is all about. If your build can ignore 100% of all map mods, then this indicates a flaw that needs to be addressed.

It's GOOD that your build won't be able to run all map mods. This puts them on the same level as other builds which DO have to avoid certain map mods. It actually promotes build diversity by putting all builds on a more level playing field in the end-game. Heaven forbid the end-game content force you to make difficult choices with map mods and currency...

The problem is that there's absolutely no choice for the Congealment map mod or the status effect immunity mod. If your build doesn't care about leech or status effects, it's a free mod. If your build relies on either, they're both auto-rerolls. A Whispering Ice build is not going to run a map where the chilled ground won't stop enemies. A perma-freeze build most certainly won't run a map where the primary feature of the build doesn't work. I can't see any melee build running a map where they can't leech back all the damage they take as a result of being melee.

These mods are the equivalent of "X% increased light radius". They're meant solely to tax players and to make sure that nobody gets a free ride on top-end maps. It's stupid to pretend they're anything but.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Really? A revenant MTX after you nerf the shit outta them? You love shitting on summoners dont you? Still no improvements on our ability to sustain a map pool?
Maybe you guys should lay of the all that crack you bought with the mtx/supporter cash.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info