Added Chaos Damage

All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
Chaos damage supportgem does not work with spark!!!
What i mean is, its static and it does not matter how much spelldamage you have cause it doesnt affect the chaosdamage when supporting spark!
"The more you learn, the more you realize how little you know…"
"
Player wrote:
Chaos damage supportgem does not work with spark!!!
What i mean is, its static and it does not matter how much spelldamage you have cause it doesnt affect the chaosdamage when supporting spark!

I'm not sure where the confusion lies here, but I'm going to take a stab at it. Spell damage is affecting chaos damage from Added Chaos Damage support gem. However, the 50% LESS damage (increased/decreased is additive, more/less is multiplicative) from the Spark spell also affects it. So, first you multiply your chaos damage (for my level 1 Added Chaos, it is 31-46 chaos damage) by all your combined spell damage (+114% total for my cannibalized spark witch) and then divide that in half. So, my numbers come out to:

((31 to 46) * 2.14) * .5 = 33.17 to 49.22

My character panel reports 33 - 49 chaos damage, so it seems to be right on for me, after rounding. My guess is you have near +100% spell damage and your extra spell damage ends up canceling that 50% less damage from spark, making it look like spell damage isn't working for your chaos damage.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
Last edited by UristMcDwarfy on Mar 4, 2012, 6:17:22 PM
oops didnt see the 50% less sry.
"The more you learn, the more you realize how little you know…"
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
Balance & Design
Balance & Design
Rory, what did you do?! ^^
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Whoops, caught in a time loop :S

Nerf Temporal Chains!
Balance & Design
I like this support gem alot. Very useful.
Mirror of Kalandra?
Last edited by ama on Mar 29, 2012, 12:46:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info