Added Chaos Damage

Post your 0.9.3 feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2021, 3:42:43 PM
Unavailable

The Increased Chaos Damage on the Quality Added Chaos Gem doesn't seem to affect the damage of Poison Arrow's damage over time, at least not according to its skillbar tooltip. It seems to me like it would.
Visit the Path of Exile Wiki at http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Degeneration isn't increased by damage increasing stats - I agree that it should be, but I've been told a few times that it's not easy to do, and doesn't make sense from a stat standpoint. I'll keep pushing for it! :P
Balance & Design
Thanks Rory. You're a true champion of light.
Visit the Path of Exile Wiki at http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/
Who's been using this since the change?

How well does it scale now, particuarly compared to cold or lightning damage?

It seems like it would need to have significantly better scaling than any other damage type, because it cannot be improved via passives. Hopefully passives are added to buff it, because without passives, it kinda (not really) makes the skill either overpowered or underpowered (depending on the numbers) since a person doesn't need to spend passives on it.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Dec 10, 2011, 5:45:09 PM
There was a discussion in global the other night suggesting that +Added Chaos dmg was affected by +spell dmg passives (but not +elemental).

I forget who it was, but they stated that they were clearly getting +spell damage bonuses to the overall damage of their Ice Spear (I think) with Chaos Support.
"
aurisacra wrote:
There was a discussion in global the other night suggesting that +Added Chaos dmg was affected by +spell dmg passives (but not +elemental).

I forget who it was, but they stated that they were clearly getting +spell damage bonuses to the overall damage of their Ice Spear (I think) with Chaos Support.
Well, yes, because Ice Spear is a spell. That won't happen if you use this support on an attack.
Spell damage increases the damage done by spells, so if you use the chaos damage support on a spell then the chaos damage is spell damage and will be affected by increases to spell damage.
it was also stated that the chaos damage was scalling at a higher rate then the other elemental damage. maybe its worth looking into it
Oh, common, this support was just buffed from being useless -_-.

It scales higher because it can't scale with +elemental damage and doesn't have a crit effect.
thats a matter of adding poison chance on critical to the support gem, and you get your critical effect ;p
10% of damage over 2seconds, aint too chubby like the passive for daggers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info