General Support Discussion

"
Vipermagi wrote:
And then you use it with Incinerate at 0.1 second cast time...

No?
Cast when channeling still has an internal 0.35 second cooldown. You'd get your first CwC at 0.1 seconds, then wt 0.45, 0.8, 1.05... etc.
A scion may be born of the rich, and as such hold more opportunity...
but a scion will never be able to appreciate the finer beauty of those less fortunate.
Why is there no Cast while Channelling thread?

I noticed there is a delay in proccing the supported skill with CWC, and it feels like it doesn't get modified by cast speed, can anyone confirm?
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
Márkusz wrote:
Why is there no Cast while Channelling thread?

I noticed there is a delay in proccing the supported skill with CWC, and it feels like it doesn't get modified by cast speed, can anyone confirm?

Confirmed, the delay will always be exactly what it says on the gem, no modifiers.
wrong fora, nvm
Last edited by Nihkajyon on Apr 13, 2017, 10:41:38 AM
Aura to Buff blue support gem
How it works:
Converts your persistent auras into temporary buffs, like a reversed Blasphemy. The greatest problem here is how to rescale manacost and duration so those buffs are really like curses that grant positive bonuses to allies instead of punish enemies.
"
PHRandom wrote:
How it works:
Converts your persistent auras into temporary buffs, like a reversed Blasphemy. The greatest problem here is how to rescale manacost and duration so those buffs are really like curses that grant positive bonuses to allies instead of punish enemies.
That would be neat - you could also call it "Blessing Support" to contrast with Blasphemy Support.
"
PoofySleeves wrote:
"
PHRandom wrote:
How it works:
That would be neat - you could also call it "Blessing Support" to contrast with Blasphemy Support.
Good
Would it be possible to have a gem that converts non-channelled spells in to channelled spells? Something like:

Channelling Support - Supports non-channelling spells. Spell gains X% more cast speed and becomes channelled. Cannot support spells with cooldowns.

It would open up interesting combinations like channelled Summon Skeleton + CwC Dark Pact, or channelled Unearth + CwC Bodyswap.
Last edited by PoofySleeves on Jan 4, 2018, 3:27:58 AM
Since there doesnt seem to be a spell cascade thread yet I would like to give some comments on spell cascade.

So far seems really awesome and fun :), it makes a lot of spells really cool. It also maybe helps make cooldown skills like cold snap and frost bomb more viable for clearing where they previously

However there are very few spells that it can support.
Also Bladefall seems to cause a lot of lag when I support it with spell cascade and I can see it causing more lag with other spells too, as it basically triples your effect output.

Lastly, why can it not support channeled spells? I wanted to pretend to be atziri and triple flameblast some dudes. The support's description has like a boatload of "cannot support ..." and it doesn't have any mention of channeled skills. Wither also seems rather harmless.
Hi, I have also some questions regarding Spell Cascade. The gem states it cannot support the following skills: Vaal, Minion, Totems, Traps or Mines. However, that list doesn't not include skills that are triggered. Hence, Spell Cascade should work with CDWT. Unfortunately, it doesn't support skills linked with CDWT. I tested it with Frost Bomb. Looking forward to a fix :)
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info