Raise Zombie

Taking the Minion Instability keystone should cause Raised Zombies to be affected by friendly-fire.

This would enable synergy with fire and lightning witches by using the minions for crowd control and then AoE'ing. Also, it would expand on the lack of synergy with frost builds since shattered corpses leave no corpse to Raise. Friendly-fire from frost spells freezing your zombies would disable the detonation if they died while frozen.

The placement of the keystone and minion nodes is logical and helped me plan my build. On my frost witch/summoner I went left down the strength line, grabbing +frost damage and the +1 summoned minion passives on my way to Minion Instability. This resulted in an enjoyable early game and every level after gaining Minion Instability my witch grew noticably stronger.
GGG please i have a single question xD

When will the minion UI be added

Thanks alot :)
Current exiles under command :

Snoop Lv 73 cold witch Normal
Razagaal Lv 63 Fire summoner witch legacy
Daggoth Lv 50 AoF summoner Templar legacy
"
oldboy wrote:
GGG please i have a single question xD

When will the minion UI be added

Thanks alot :)

I would even settle for some kind of minion recall button so they could at least be brought back to wherever you're standing vs just running off on their own.
Been noticing that my zombies sometimes seem to get stuck. Nothing is blocking their path, they seem to just stop following me at random times. Nothing I do gets them out of this state.

Sometimes though if a mob brushes by close enough, the zombie will start acting normal again. Other times they just start working again for no apparent reason. But most of the time, I have to summon up another zombie.

I haven't been able to figure out what causes this and I don't know if others have been experiencing this.

Happens on ALL my characters.
Last edited by Negamill on Jan 17, 2012, 1:43:47 AM
If you're going to implement portraits for minions, take a page from D2, and have an HP bar appear when you've a single zombie/spectre, but replace it with a number telling you how many you've summoned once you've got 2+. :P

Also, I second the previous poster who wanted to see minions on the mini-map. I can't count the number of times I've raised a zombie, only to see one near me die, and realize another one ran off attacking random mobs. That also brings up the issue of tethering zombies to 1-screen away from your main character. I know it's been said before, but minions need to prioritize staying near their summoner, rather than running off and picking fights due to their ridiculous aggro range. :/

My Templar is currently Level 37 and in Cruel Act 2, having spent the majority of my passives on the two straightaways to the NW minion skills for the STR/INT buffs. Currently working towards minion skills in the NE/SE of the tree. :]
[D] Judikael: Summoner Templar

Rare Swap n' Shop (closed beta): http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18083
Last edited by CyberDragon10K on Jan 20, 2012, 6:51:35 PM
I'd also like to add that the Zombies seem to bug out since the last patch. They stop moving, acting and do not respond to your presence properly when you zone out (portal, move out of sight/screen, etc), but it also frequently happens when you haven't moved out of their sight.

They just freeze, stand still and watch while you get clobbered to death with pointy sticks and blunt clubs. They sometimes even smirk and make gurgling noises.
Last edited by Oyxl on Jan 18, 2012, 4:14:23 AM
Regular enemies just freeze like that too since last patch. However, It's much more noticable with zombies. I believe it has something with them trying to go around a wall. Yesterday I noticed that it tends to happen extremely often in Old fields. It's rather funny seeing a zombie just stand there while a monkey just attacks it, then 5 seconds later it realizes it's being attacked, very delayed reaction.
When they freeze, they may as well be dead because they generate almost 0 aggro to enemies, so just making the enemy run through them doesn't always make it change the target, you have to use frost wall.

But Like I said, it's not just the zombies, I saw a few monkeys just sitting around from time to time as well.
Minion freezing looks to be a pathing issue. When one of my zombie freezes, I usually go around it in a spiral motion until either :

i) I find a stuck enemy.
ii) Some enemy's animation complete. (Monkey descending from trees, spiders climbing or earth rumble things transforming from rubble)

In each case, killing the given enemy on which the minion is "stuck" will release it. In the second case, sometimes it's enough to have the "spawning animation complete". As far as memory serve, I've never had to go further than a single screen away from the zombie to get it unstuck.
zombie freez is a knows issue
Current exiles under command :

Snoop Lv 73 cold witch Normal
Razagaal Lv 63 Fire summoner witch legacy
Daggoth Lv 50 AoF summoner Templar legacy
Things i dont like about the zombies:

-Zombies running somewhere where i dont even want to go just to kill something.

-Zombies freezing exactly like other NPC mobs i guess its the same movement bug or targeting bug or something.

-well they are a little bit toooo fast imo 25% slower would be a better balancing imo.

-Zombies not taunting the enemies befor they hit them,
had situations where i run away ememies run after me and
zombies run after them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info