Raise Zombie

"
NoXterium wrote:
-Zombies not taunting the enemies befor they hit them,
had situations where i run away ememies run after me and
zombies run after them.

From my experience, you can often cause them to "reset" their target by stunning, freezing, or knocking monsters back. After you do this, if you are farther away than your minions are, they should target your minions instead.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
"
NoXterium wrote:
Zombies freezing exactly like other NPC mobs i guess its the same movement bug or targeting bug or something.
This bug was to do with maximum distances for actions and I have now fixed it for 0.9.6.
It occurs when a monster and zombie are right at the edge of their aggro distance - it's possible for them to stay aggro'd on each other due to just being within aggro distance, but also be unable to perform any action against each other because they are just outside teh maximum distance at which actions are executed.
In the meantime, if this occurs, then roughly a screen away there will be a frozen monster which is locked with the zombie - killing it will unfreeze the zombie.

"
NoXterium wrote:
Zombies not taunting the enemies befor they hit them,
had situations where i run away ememies run after me and
zombies run after them.
Each time a monster is hit there is a chance it will change it's aggro target to the closest enemy.
I'd say that the late levels of this gems give too much hp to zombies.
no it doesn't at all, just dont pick the passive minion health
Current exiles under command :

Snoop Lv 73 cold witch Normal
Razagaal Lv 63 Fire summoner witch legacy
Daggoth Lv 50 AoF summoner Templar legacy
even without any passive at all my minions at gem lvl 17 got something like 1.8k hp each
- Zombies sometimes stop dead in their tracks. They suddenly stop following you and just stand there. Only after they get attacked by an enemy for a few hits, they start to fight back. Even after that, they don't always resume movement/follow.

- With the amount of zombies that someone going for a summoner build has (trying to do it with my Witch), you really need to have the enemies give them priority. Otherwise with lots of enemies you get swarmed immediately, which is not fun for someone who wants to summon.

I think it'd be good to reduce life/damage on the zombies, and allow you to increase their numbers earlier on.

- Enemies relentlessly follow/attack you. They completely ignore the zombies at times, and walk past them and sprint right for your summoner. The whole reason you have minions is for them to keep the enemy busy, do some damage, and tank some. It's impossible when the enemies just ignore them and attack you instead.

I think it'd be better if they would attack the closest enemy, so that you could run from enemies, and run through/next to your zombies so they would attack the zombies instead.

- Zombie walking noise is bothersome. You don't really need to hear them walk in the first place, instead they drown out the noise of any approaching enemies and just cause a racket at higher numbers.

I'd suggest muting their footstep sounds, or at least make it more silent than your own footsteps.

- Their teleporting doesn't seem to work properly. Rarely do they teleport, mostly they just stick where they are. I've had to re-summon zombies lots of times, in the same level even though they haven't died yet. They also go too far away sometimes, on their own, they don't stop attacking to follow you, or maybe they do, didn't pay much attention to that. But I'm guessing that's still in the buggy fase.

That's all the 'negative' pointers so far, I think. I'll add more if I can find any.
Last edited by tnettenba on Jan 27, 2012, 12:06:28 PM
"
tnettenba wrote:

Your first and last points are addressing a known bug with zombie AI mentioned previously in this thread, as well as others. As for taking aggro away from the summoner faster, I agree its annoying to have mobs run straight past the zombies without the summoner provoking them. Happens with fast mobs such as the pirates the most from what I've noticed.

I also agree with you that the zombie health is too great, especially after taking the minion passive clusters- which one would think to do if they wanted to play as a "summoner".

I disagree that their numbers need to be increased- only so many minions can surround mobs in melee, adding more (as one can do temporarily using the multiple zombie gem exploit) just makes a giant clusterfuck of minion traffic.

You mention an endless cycle of enemies chasing you while your zombies chase them. I can see where you are coming from, but try using a utility spell to slow down the enemy group. Some that come to mind: temporal chains, frost wall, ice nova, freezing pulse, cold snap.

The walking noise I too noticed, but only when I stop moving and the zombies wander around me instead of standing still. Maybe it will get sorted out in the upcomming sound-priority fix, or maybe the zombies can have their dose of Adderall lowered in the future.
Zombies's HP is perfectly balanced ,its just enought to die and do medium damage not too slow,if you lower their HP,you will end up most of your time just summoning them.

The teleport is fine ,just dont run too far

For the aggro ,just use phase run with increase duration support to loose the mobs

Relaying on minions is the slowest way in the game to advance atm, wa can't even talk about a summoner build right now because its simply not viable. It needs a counter and a way to do high damage without being OP or too easy to attein

Ofcourse if taking 4x time to kill mobs doesn't bother you,you can relay on this "build"

Also you guys should state your level and experience in Chaos

"
oldboy wrote:
Zombies's HP is perfectly balanced ,its just enought to die and do medium damage not too slow,if you lower their HP,you will end up most of your time just summoning them.

The teleport is fine ,just dont run too far

For the aggro ,just use phase run with increase duration support to loose the mobs

Relaying on minions is the slowest way in the game to advance atm, wa can't even talk about a summoner build right now because its simply not viable. It needs a counter and a way to do high damage without being OP or too easy to attein

Ofcourse if taking 4x time to kill mobs doesn't bother you,you can relay on this "build"

Also you guys should state your level and experience in Chaos

Due to Phase run keeping you stationary during its cast, I consider temporal chains and frost wall much better crowd controls. You do 0 damage while Phase Run is active, and it does not help your zombies catch up to the mob and land a few hits/ physically block its path. Gotta love Phase Run with Increased Duration for non-combat movement though.

As an Instability summoner, one should be focused on summoning a constant stream of minions- as the explosion would be the primary source of damage. Assuming the changes to Minion Instability damage being classified as fire damage in the future it would be an obvious choice to take fire passives in addition to the minion clusters. This opens the door to fireball and firestorm (assuming they fix the lvl 1 w/multiple lvl 15+ damage supports costing 23 mana) as supplement and getting first kills to begin the army.

I agree playing a summoner in chaos is slow, but it's also very safe. The speed should pick up when fire passives modify the explosions. I stopped playing my HC fire summoner after level 62 due to the gameplay making me sleepy. What exactly constitutes viability to you? For me, a build is viable if it can safely solo-clear Maelstrom of Chaos at level 60 (or whatever level it naturally makes it there). Speed-clearing with rarity and quantity is a luxury.

The gameplay pre-chaos is very easy as summoner since the game plays itself for the most part, and I enjoyed watching bosses and rares 1-2 shot themselves on zombies (even though it took longer than just killing them myself on another character).

As for the zombie HP- after taking every minion passive health boost and the two fire damage clusters (near Instability, and north of witch start) I would expect a zombie explosion to 1 shot a blue pack at the highest level. If people are recommending not taking the minion health passives...that probably means they have too much natural health.
I'am pretty much certain that fire passives don't affect instability's fire damage, in other words ,your and minion ones are totally independant.

Like i said ,if you agree on the slowliness its the safest way to play for sure,i did play like that for a long time but got boared,and when i found out that it is possible to combine an element and play a caster at same time.

And angain zombies's HP is classified :yes ppl say their minions one shot everything with all hp passives and support ect but they totally forget the "time" factor (slow as hell)

To conclude i'd say we are talking about different ways of playing: one safe and slow,the other less safe and fast, but both are perfectly balanced

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info