[2.0.x] Iron Will Incinerate Totems 1200+ Strength, 16k+ tooltip, 8k+ life (updated 11/13/2015)

"
Fenrils wrote:
"
Planning on using something like this for the 1 month in hardcore so just testing things out now.

Good luck! I am going to be betraying all my fellow manly men by going ele crit split arrow during the 1 month.

Cool good luck to you too!

I'm running flame totem for now, currently I'm 59 and doing it on mana. It's a little bit tricky even just on a 4 link.
Some good discussion on here about golems...

I really like the Chaos Golem. Though it's squishy and needs to be resummoned frequently, its benefit, additional physical damage mitigation, is very good.

Currently my armor is such that I mitigate about 50% of incoming physical damage. The Chaos Golem gives me another 4% on top of that for a total of 54%.

Since my armor alone takes care of 50% of the incoming damage, that additional 4% means that 8% of the remaining physical damage is mitigated due to the Chaos Golem.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Sep 28, 2015, 10:03:19 PM
"
Fenrils wrote:

Good luck! I am going to be betraying all my fellow manly men by going ele crit split arrow during the 1 month.

Going to make a guide for it?(before the league starts)
Since this totem incinerate guide is pretty good.
"
Some good discussion on here about golems...

I really like the Chaos Golem. Though it's squishy and needs to be resummoned frequently, its benefit, additional physical damage mitigation, is very good.

Currently my armor is such that I mitigate about 50% of incoming physical damage. The Chaos Golem gives me another 4% on top of that for a total of 54%.

Since my armor alone takes care of 50% of the incoming damage, that additional 4% means that 8% of the remaining physical damage is mitigated due to the Chaos Golem.

It helps for sure but I've always found that no matter what I link it to, it dies constantly in maps. You'd think if I were to connect it to Minion Life, Minion and Totem Resist, and Empower/Blind it'd be fine but that just isn't the case. That's the main reason I swapped over to manually casting Enduring Cry as I get more mitigation more consistently, though it is still incredibly annoying to keep up.

"
Going to make a guide for it?(before the league starts)
Since this totem incinerate guide is pretty good.

Probably not. My main goal for the 1 month is to just transition into your typical Windripper build whenever I can afford it. I'll be pushing for that bow pretty hard so It'll likely be within a week or so.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe0359de96_rruDvzFo4oNjSP2W6-Hdo19TZJOKiF2Z6DjnzB8TP-Gzkp9UUd_K0MxwTPnVI2_N9Q-zznUjX7awST9BbXUI-0_veZv8nb3t7YuU3Tt_97o1jBxoJ8x-nXL028FLSLqmybndN2o6mK-p3rvwzoyAW1sS3iwq2VNm7UqOLIZtUhVhTY9OkLEgr02X7CExc96BiPz6qXLnaqK8Ed-ykph6x9BKgtirGyM6UaE2W-eelMDHnBSnKSDCfGzFr-HE0tXJpV3B8DjYeJVS4w26xSQCg==

^ Is the tree I made for the build though if you were at all curious.
Last edited by Fenrils on Sep 29, 2015, 9:45:53 AM
"
Fenrils wrote:
Here's the poebuilder link:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMASbIC4welghDfsCycr7eHZRBYHwIyNDpYVcaD2wQH7FUqjUkbNtjxbKyYXyrr5NH9Xl2nlHyDES0VUKcI6-5FnZrgwGZFRzLRogAEs2jy8B-aO-Fz1abtPIKbZlSFe-w4kFUnLzrYWfMaOHGFcg9j_XrmRtfzEbFCKhNY5Waeo_JaK-NqFm_60jbpJKpyqayqeyD-hxDMxq7E9viTg188LfnoQYe3PoPM2L3-CqZXOuHyRTGe_o81kk3jdqzqGPcyz35oZfPd-OsJ9tR8Bg4n7Y8aHNxTUg==

Which offensive and defensive auras would you use for a non bm build like this?
"
Which offensive and defensive auras would you use for a non bm build like this?

My character is running Anger, Herald of Ice, and a level 8 clarity. Since you're over on the witch side, you'll have a touch more mana regen than myself so it's possible that you could skip the clarity and run Herald of Lightning as well when you get a high enough level Enlighten. All of them go into your Black Sun Crest, of course, for the +1 gem level.
I wanna ask so what will you recommend a 5link armor+stats hp+resist vs tabulasa?
would you be able to run in this in ah 1M hc league from scratch? obviously one will not have these weapons
"
I wanna ask so what will you recommend a 5link armor+stats hp+resist vs tabulasa?

Depends on the league you are playing in. For softcore, a tabula is just fine for running around until you get your hands on a solid 6L armour. You'll be losing out on a good amount of base armour, strength, and life but it should be easy enough to manage. In return you probably want to drop Alberon's Warpath to make up for the resists unless your gloves, rings, and amulet satisfy your resists enough.

"
would you be able to run in this in ah 1M hc league from scratch? obviously one will not have these weapons

Depends entirely on how knowledgeable your are and whether or not you are running with a group. I would never recommend this to a new player as it takes a lot of item knowledge to play such a restricted build. Not to mention you'll need to at least be decent at playing the market to your advantage because some of your required pieces are going to be expensive, especially in a shorter league like the 1 month as prices will be fairly inflated. I'd also recommend you run with a group because the build is *very* weak most of the way through cruel and, depending on your gear, fairly weak through a portion of merciless as well. You'll need people to make up for your lack of damage as you accumulate the strength to catch up.

It's not the easiest build to run at the very start but it can be done. This build was my first character on Tempest last league so it is possible to start from nothing, just not easy.
to add to the leveling part, i think it's alright to spec into templar's starting spell damage nodes 3x10% and elemental damage nodes (12+14) and spec out of them as you get to lvl 90+ and spec fury bolts instead to progress to duelist passives

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info