[2.0.x] Iron Will Incinerate Totems 1200+ Strength, 16k+ tooltip, 8k+ life (updated 11/13/2015)

for 5l Incinerate – Spell Totem – Faster Casting – Faster Projectiles – Iron Will ?

and why you dident go for Totemic Node and Shamanistic Fury
his , rf version didn't take barbarism? what?,

for those who are asking if you can do this build in the 1 month , the answer is not cheaply

Someone seems to have gotten the memo about iron will in the 1 month and str/hp gear is both rare and notably more expensive even when poorly rolled and you need decently rolled items to make up for the fact that 2 of your gear slots have zero resists on them.

and doon is 2 exa+

the other uniques i got good roles (15% str 17% str) for under 5c total however be advised the doon and the str items are rare at this stage. I am thinking this will change in a week or two depending on how dedicated players are to farming (which might not be as much since it is a 1 month)

also holy crap everyone is incinerate. so good* wands with projectile speed and spell damage are also rarer

too address the other fella above me, he did not go fury because fury is in the int based part of the tree and his whole build is about leveraging strength as his spell damage source it is technically not that far out of the way, but he has access to so much flat damage without the need to travel as is, heck he could just take the 3-5 templar spell/elemental nods instead of shaman fury and be better off for it.

the ironwill gem and doon with the kind of str values he has absolutely destroys shamanistic fury as a value bubble.

he also is not what i would call max level in his build guide 105 points leaves about 5 free points for your own discretion (which i appreciate very much) you could argue that you could use those 5 (putting you around level 88) for that totemic bubble

if you are playing softcore you can technically get away with something like this for rf , i put more emphasis on totem durability than the op did but you get all of the regen (meaning no need for shapers seed or that god awful vitality aura)

you still get to use the same aura setup too

and you can be templar (if you really want). the big difference between temp and mara is you either are choosing more durability or more damage for those first 5 or so nodes
Spoiler

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAi4z53dn8CarAmsBm8B-iAASzaPJboKdVfA5DyIKb4XOaO9Wm7TzsODrYGjiQVScvWfNG13GFcg9mVIV7Zp5aK8MTWOWj8ioTxPZyqayqffXGrlOlHKcMXwn21HwGDiftz352rK2N2WEZLu8OUEfkUWeb1I8UIF8_9kjEWPiTjEYrthDMeyD-h4PMPC2DXzWS2L3-Crc-OuHyRU3j_o-mV5Sg2mJodPnoQYcYVsAaeA218m87hNkB3HfjqW5lTb02R36E72EhZKPawQUtdO1679X4xLhXKQ==
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Oct 7, 2015, 8:23:33 AM
"
his , rf version didn't take barbarism? what?,

woops! Changed it. It should be a 110 point tree anyway so that was just a mistake on my part when copy-pasting my trees over to the guide.

"
Someone seems to have gotten the memo about iron will in the 1 month and str/hp gear is both rare and notably more expensive even when poorly rolled and you need decently rolled items to make up for the fact that 2 of your gear slots have zero resists on them.

This was my fear for the 1 month. My build along with a couple of others got some highlights over the past few weeks so plenty of newcomers are trying this playstyle which inflates all of the prices.

I should also make a note to people that if your only concern is dps after a certain point and have your resists mostly covered.

you can easily do a hybrid version of this rf build in which you do not go to the duelist at all and instead load up on all of the easy witch damage nodes.

you will ofcourse need to use the shapers seed to get the right regen. BUT shapers seed is cheap and while you will lose life and about 200ish strengh (this includes the 110 str from tree , 60 on the ammy and the 33% str multi), you will gain 145% increased elemental/spell /fire damage and some cast speed.

after crunching the numbers it can be a net gain of about 75% damage and 4 cast speed at the cost of your ammy slot and the obvious life bonuses associated with it ( around 300 -400 hp)

The build i use does this and still manages a respectable 800+ strength to boot.
or you can not go rf and still apply the same principle and have an even larger margin of gain since you would keep the ammy slot free.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Oct 8, 2015, 11:58:51 AM
What about Le Heup of All? Could it be viable for the build?
dude why dont you make a level guide for like lvl 20, 60, 80 then finish. most builds have links to trees showing but this build is cool but u want people to try for themselves. we come to these builds to get guides on the skill tree cause we wont want to screw up but it looks like your not bothered.
"
demonkiller12 wrote:
dude why dont you make a level guide for like lvl 20, 60, 80 then finish. most builds have links to trees showing but this build is cool but u want people to try for themselves. we come to these builds to get guides on the skill tree cause we wont want to screw up but it looks like your not bothered.

Why are you being so rude when he's already kind enough to share his build...?
-sigh- now I want to do this in Standard. >->
"

If you read my guide at all, you'll notice that I explained exactly why I decided not to include trees for leveling. This build is unplayable early game so your leveling will depend 100% on your own preferences. I personally prefer flame totem/fire trap/fire storm but you can also do sweep/molten strike or anything else if you prefer until your flame totem is good enough by itself. The actual swap to this build likely will not happen until your 60s at the earliest.

"
What about Le Heup of All? Could it be viable for the build?

Le Heup is fine but you'll likely need to have better resist rings to keep overcapped. Even if not, you unfortunately lose out on cast speed and life. If you don't have a better ring it is perfectly viable but I'd recommend attempting to replace it at some point.

"
-sigh- now I want to do this in Standard. >->

Do it! Be a manly caster!
"
demonkiller12 wrote:

I used dual flame totems for the most part, followed a bit different tree and then speced into more str when I got dual doons. Still thinking my 1 chaos scepters are better tho lol. level 88 1 mthc
Last edited by catinbox32 on Oct 15, 2015, 8:29:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info