Rain of Arrows

I've been wondering about this gem as well. I miss Rain of Arrows (and Thicket Bows). I guess skills that pierce or chain or synergize better with Harbinger bows are all the rage. Does this mean that RoA needs a buff?
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
RoA works as great, tankier altrnative to crit nado shot
chin sol+blink+mirror arrow, jump into packs, 1-3 shot everything.
even w 20-30% %crit the high dmg effectiveness w triple herald is nice.
totally viable into maps till at least low 80s
Will Rain of Arrows work with the new poison?

In particular, will any increased projectile damage work for the poison?

(It works for other projectile attacks already, but unsure how RoA works specifically)
It's an Attack like any other, it works the same as always. Yes, it can Poison, it does scale with Projectile Damage..
RoA got a decent buff but.... Blast Rain shits on it. my lvl 18 RoA does 127% base damage, lvl 1 blast rain does 40% base damage but drops four projectiles (therefore 160% base damage)and the gem description says "projectile explosions will always overlap". Both gems gain AoE with levels so at no point will RoA surpass its new alternate skill. I am pro buff and anti nerf..if Burning arrow could be raised to 180% at level 20 I cant see why similar can't be done for RoA. The alternate is to give it A LOT more AoE so concentrated effect does not cripple it otherwise..

People kept saying "lol bro why not blast rain?" So I socketed a level 1 gem and its about 2-3x better than my lvl18 Roa 20q. Why did you give RoA love then release Blast Rain Q.Q. It's been my favourite skill since I started the game and faced orra greengate for the first time.
"
JusJev wrote:
RoA got a decent buff but.... Blast Rain shits on it. my lvl 18 RoA does 127% base damage, lvl 1 blast rain does 40% base damage but drops four projectiles (therefore 160% base damage)and the gem description says "projectile explosions will always overlap".

Always overlap doesnt mean that all four projectiles will ALWAYS hit the same target. Probably the target gets hit by 2 or 3 blast rains i don't think it always hits with all four blasts
Needs to be buffed to 180-190% base damage and given 50% increased projectile speed or be renamed to "Bad Rain".
Last edited by Sickness on Jan 18, 2016, 12:42:13 AM
RIP RoA...
GGG should have made Blast Rain an jewel upgrade from RoA instead of releasing as a separate skill gem.
Or else you need to give RoA an unique attribute to just pure +phy dmg, to make it more desirable than BR (eg. chance to immobilize mobs similar to Vaal RoA).
I noticed that if I hold down the RoA button on an enemy until it dies, the next shot I do after it dies will always be a default attack. This is super frustrating, since you can't aim at the ground, so I basically need to keep clicking the button instead of holding it down to avoid this issue.

Is there an easy way to get around it?

Also, Is this what RoA is supposed to do? Or is it just a bug?
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Is it intended that RoA when used with mine support doesn't shoots onto nearest target like bladefoll+mine does for example?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info