Rain of Arrows

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 9:32:57 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 9:33:17 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Rain of arrows is not technically a projectile skill, and projectile-specific stuff will therefore not work with it. The projectile damage passives currently are affecting it because of a bug.

Attack speed increases the attack animation and reduces the delay before they fall. After discussion with Chris, I'm making it so that the arrow speed also affects the delay.
"
faerwin wrote:
Is it intended that this skill hit twice?
No, and it doesn't, or at least I haven't been able to make it do so. Can you explain better what you mean?
"
faerwin wrote:
well, I've been using rain of arrows with a bunch of life on hit (gem and items) and on a single mob, it always gave me twice the amount I have. In this case, I should have obtained 30 and I was getting 60. Incidentally, on a mob with low hp, I would only get 30, which lead me to believe that the skill hit twice.

Are you sure you're not just hitting two monsters? I will perform more tests later.
"
faerwin wrote:
100% sure. I tested it on purpose multiple times.

You can use a copy of my character (Gran) and you'll be able to replicate it.

I currently double checked and it still gives me double the amount.
Definitely doesn't happen with my testing character. We should be able to clone the characters so I can test with yours sometime in the next couple of days.
Projectile skills shoot something out from the character which travels in a straight line from the character until something causes it to chance (usually it hits something and causes damage. They can be affected by things like pierce chance and multiple projectiles.

Rain of arrows causes AoE damage after a short delay. It's mechanically entirely different and can't be affected by the things which apply to projectiles, such as pierce chance and multiple projectiles in any reasonable way.
After discussion with Chris, we're making some projectiles things work with Rain of Arrows. It will continue to work with projectile damage increases and arrow/projectile speed increases, and we're enabling the "Faster Projectiles" gem to work with it.
Multiple Projectiles and Pierce still won't support the skill as they have no way to interact with it due to it not technically being a projectile.
"
faerwin wrote:
Just wanted to know if you were able to reproduce what I reported by using a copy of my character.
Yes, it wasn't happening at first but now happens every time. I'm still working out why.
EDIT: Fixed, hopefully in next patch
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jan 10, 2012, 9:47:43 PM
"
faerwin wrote:
just wondering, was it actually doing damage twice or just applying life on hit twice?
It was dealing damage up to three times sometimes, in fact.
Dammit, apparently it's not fixed after all. May have been more than one thing wrong. Seems like it's definitely dealing out damage twice now every time, but I'm not sure why. And this probably won't make the next patch.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jan 10, 2012, 10:37:19 PM
Okay, so this was an animation issue and only happens for Templars and the 6th class. It's being fixed up as we speak. Enjoy your Double-damage bow templar attack while it lasts, I guess. Just don't expect that to be very long.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jan 10, 2012, 11:00:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info