Rain of Arrows

"
faerwin wrote:
haha, I'll enjoy it for a little while :p

The important part though, is that I found a nasty bug that wasn't easy to detect!
Yeah stuff like that is annoying to track down. I replicated it on your guy, looked through the code, made a change, then tested it locally by making a ranger and grabbing the skill... and of course it appears to have been fixed, because it's only broken for templars due to being in the animation, not the code.
And my general-purpose skill testing character happens to be a templar, so then when I tried on him later I couldn't get it to stop no matter what I tried.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jan 10, 2012, 11:11:54 PM
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
It's fixed in 0.9.7
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
"
Xapti wrote:
I'm also curious what would happen if point blank was used with rain of arrows with something like +200% AoE (which I know is impossible). If a shot was made in the 0-10 range, but a monster was hit outside that range, would it deal full +50%, or less?
It's done for each target based on where that target is, not where you targeted the centre of the burst.
"
sakuranoto wrote:
and the tool tip is wrong its require no accu always hit :)
It does check evasion, like all attacks (other than shield charge). Rain of Arrows can and does miss.
Rain of arrows definitely misses now.
"
Is it just me or is the "Deals 75% of Base Damage" really hurting my RoA DPS?
It's exactly equivalent to the fact it used to have "Damage Effectiveness: 75%" - that stat makes no change to the skill.

There is however a bug preventing projectile-specific damage modifiers from affecting Rain of Arrows, which will be fixed soon.
"
halfdead2 wrote:
im curious about the interaction with the point blank key stone. RoA certainly is affected by it, but how does it calculate the damage? what i want to know which way it determines the distance between you and the enemy.

does it do so by calculating the distance for each individual enemy hit by one RoA, leading to a assymetric damage distribution in the RoA area?
Or does it use the distance between you and the centre of the RoA area?
Point blank, regardless of which skill is used for Rain of Arrows, is always calculated based on the distance from where it was fired to the enemy hit.
For actual projectiles, it's based on the distance the projectile has travelled.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Oct 27, 2013, 6:34:42 PM
"
hungrymole wrote:
Is it intended that RoA when used with mine support doesn't shoots onto nearest target like bladefoll+mine does for example?
Yes. Bladefall is currently bugged, and should have the same behaviour.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 5, 2016, 7:17:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info