Rain of Arrows

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 9:32:57 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 9:33:17 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
It's weird when I use the skill and the arrows go up in the air, but if I get hit they don't fall down, I say increase the length of shooting animation and separate the arrow flight animation so that once you release the arrows, they will hit.
I'm not feeling this skill at all, it seems...clumsy or something. It doesn't do the kind of damage you'd expect and the delay makes it uncomfortable to use. It seems kind of mana hungry too.

As it stands now, I much rather use split arrow and most likely won't use RoA at all.
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
Last edited by Rippster on Dec 11, 2011, 11:56:39 AM
needs a bigger radius even tho you can get that but it still need a bigger area !
I guess I must be the only person who actually likes this skill... I love the delay on it as it forces you to lead your targets a bit and it has that satisfying "pow" sound when it fires. Damage isn't bad either.
Lvl 50+ frenzy ranger. I shoot split arrows at 3.25 per sec and enjoy my action rpg's to have a lot of... action. The delay on Roa is a bore. Should be revamped as a dot that actually rains down arrows for a few secs. That way u could use it as an opener on boss mobs standing still or in a tight hallway while u continue dpsing with other skills.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." A. Einstein
Beta Testers = Insane
"
drewsbarr wrote:
Lvl 50+ frenzy ranger. I shoot split arrows at 3.25 per sec and enjoy my action rpg's to have a lot of... action. The delay on Roa is a bore. Should be revamped as a dot that actually rains down arrows for a few secs. That way u could use it as an opener on boss mobs standing still or in a tight hallway while u continue dpsing with other skills.

That is an AWESOME idea. Either do that or rename the current skill Clump of Arrows.
IGN Snarky/LightBrigade/Firebreather
In my opinion, this skill is almost perfect just the way it is.
I find Rain of Arrows most useful in caves or corners where you can be more easily surrounded by enemies. If the enemies are all around you split arrow just won't do the trick- but rain of arrows will do!
This skill shines in narrow areas like dread thicket and is a good and neccessary supplement for a ranger.

Also you people should consider using concentrate AoE on it, this greatly boosts the dmg potential.
0.9.5 feedback below this post

Since I still don't have split arrow, I've wound up using this skill quite a bit (lvl 42 ranger, lvl 10 rain of arrows) and come to realize it's very powerful, maybe too much so.

Not sure if this is what's intended, but the key to its effectiveness seems to be simply to forget about trying to aim it and just constantly spam it in front of you, maybe retreating a bit as you do. It takes down pretty much any mob much faster than any single arrow skill, though you can always toss in a Poison Arrow or two. The only draw back I see ATM is accidently spamming it on a physically reflecting mob.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info