Rain of Arrows

oh wow O_o

I guess that's why my paltry 4k dps didn't feel like 4k dps in chaos haha
Dammit, apparently it's not fixed after all. May have been more than one thing wrong. Seems like it's definitely dealing out damage twice now every time, but I'm not sure why. And this probably won't make the next patch.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jan 10, 2012, 10:37:19 PM
don't fix it. Nerf the damage by 50% and call it a feature :P
Okay, so this was an animation issue and only happens for Templars and the 6th class. It's being fixed up as we speak. Enjoy your Double-damage bow templar attack while it lasts, I guess. Just don't expect that to be very long.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jan 10, 2012, 11:00:10 PM
haha, I'll enjoy it for a little while :p

The important part though, is that I found a nasty bug that wasn't easy to detect!
"
faerwin wrote:
haha, I'll enjoy it for a little while :p

The important part though, is that I found a nasty bug that wasn't easy to detect!
Yeah stuff like that is annoying to track down. I replicated it on your guy, looked through the code, made a change, then tested it locally by making a ranger and grabbing the skill... and of course it appears to have been fixed, because it's only broken for templars due to being in the animation, not the code.
And my general-purpose skill testing character happens to be a templar, so then when I tried on him later I couldn't get it to stop no matter what I tried.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jan 10, 2012, 11:11:54 PM
sadly, it will probably mean that I will advocate some buffing on the skill now hahaha
I recently started playing the beta (less than a week ago) and the Ranger was my 2nd character. For small groups or individual fights, I prefer Poison Arrow, but for the larger mobs, I have found that RoA is pretty damn awesome; combine that with increased AoE radius, and a % of physical damage from attacks leeched back as life/ mana mod(s)on the bow of choice ( and add to that an increased accuracy support gem), then very large mobs simply drop in their tracks while recharging life / mana. The only real problem with this skill is the slight delay between using skill and actualization of effect. I will usually get snuffed if I try to round up more than 20 monsters in a single group.
So yeah, after trying it a little after the change, I feel that the damage is a little on the low side when compared to other aoe options available. It's hard to compare to other players though because of gear differential but I don't think it should take 7-8 volleys to kill chaos monsters with the gear I use.
Love the animation, unimpressed by the damage.

Considering you have to lead your targets while kiting, or tank there should be more benefit to using Rain of Arrows besides the fact you can shoot over frost wall. Much easier to slap Pierce on MP Frenzy, Split Arrow, or Poison Arrow and call it a day.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info